Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Manatee Cannon posted:

don't chinese games just get english translations sometimes? I could swear I've heard of a bunch of games that have (bad) full english translations in the chinese version but don't get ported over to the west anyway
It's not Chinese versions so much as Hong Kong and Asian versions.
Back in the day the only way to play Demon Souls was Hong Kong English, and that was a... memorable experience if nothing else. And then the first version of the SOA game we got here had that kind of hackjob translation as well until they patched it to be a bit "better".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

How long until Nocturne is playable on the Vita?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pumprag posted:

How long until Nocturne is playable on the Vita?

Forever

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Takoluka posted:

It's like SAO. You gain full back-end access to the game you can't log out of, and what do you do? You save your fake anime daughter.

this is the vita thread, that's no daughter

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Truga posted:

EDF, but with transformers?

This is essentially exactly what the PS4 Transformers game is.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LODGE NORTH posted:

This is essentially exactly what the PS4 Transformers game is.

Hello yes what game is this

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

HGH posted:

It's not Chinese versions so much as Hong Kong and Asian versions.
Back in the day the only way to play Demon Souls was Hong Kong English, and that was a... memorable experience if nothing else.

I still miss Plague Babies.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

CrashCat posted:

well, people have been begging for that drat game forever so I'm not surprised

even though it just looks like a typical f2p mobile game to me

It is, but you can marry your anime boat

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Hello yes what game is this

Transformers Devaststaion. Made by Platinum

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Platinum games really aren't anything like EDF

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

LODGE NORTH posted:

Transformers Devaststaion. Made by Platinum

They really aren't similar at all, that's an unusual comparison.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

for example the new digimon game with the english translation that's not coming over? someone figured out how to rip out the english parts so that if you install a dump of the JPN cart to your vita you can replace a couple files and have a game in english

Oh, wow. That's pretty freakin' neat. I know there are several games that offer "undub" Japanese voice packs as free DLC, but not all games have this (e.g. Final Fantasy X|X-2). That stuff makes me kinda wish I hadn't updated. Can you make custom themes on the Vita, too? That's my favorite part of having softmodded my 2DS.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Isn't that Digimon game the one that was just announced for a proper english release?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Isn't that Digimon game the one that was just announced for a proper english release?

Yes. I'm pretty sure the Vita version isn't getting localized though.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Darkest Dungeon is out this week and that is going to be a good vita game. I played it on Mac for a while but really wished it had been on a handheld. Going to be fun at work this week. :dance:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Digimon Next Order was announced for PS4 at Tokyo Game Show, then for PS4 and Vita, then back to PS4, and now there's evidence of an English version of the Vita version already done. So I figure Bamco is retarded.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The only reason I can think of, is if the PS4 version of Cyber Sleuth did significantly better than the Vita version that they lost money bringing the Vita version over so for Next Order they're only bringing the PS4 version over. But I kind of doubt that.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MisterAlex posted:

Oh, wow. That's pretty freakin' neat. I know there are several games that offer "undub" Japanese voice packs as free DLC, but not all games have this (e.g. Final Fantasy X|X-2). That stuff makes me kinda wish I hadn't updated. Can you make custom themes on the Vita, too? That's my favorite part of having softmodded my 2DS.

people have also made undub versions of games if you give a poo poo about that nonsense

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Mr. Fortitude posted:

The only reason I can think of, is if the PS4 version of Cyber Sleuth did significantly better than the Vita version that they lost money bringing the Vita version over so for Next Order they're only bringing the PS4 version over. But I kind of doubt that.

There will probably be an Asian-exclusive English physical release like Cyber Sleuth at the very least.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Szurumbur posted:

They really aren't similar at all, that's an unusual comparison.

Nah, it's just like it actually.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

LODGE NORTH posted:

I mean for one Platinum makes games with a stable framerate

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

LODGE NORTH posted:

do you know what video games are

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Ruggington posted:

do you know what video games are

Do you know who I am? I am video games.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

So is it a totally impossible pain in the dick to get a 3.60 vita online to buy poo poo now or is there version spoofing like back in the day?

Wanna buy that Digimon World but also wanna play burnout legends again when the PSP emulation poo poo is working, probably more than I wanna play an allegedly bad Digimon.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

You can use your PS3

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

LODGE NORTH posted:

video games are bad!!!!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

LODGE NORTH posted:

You shouldn't lie.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Well guess what bitch :c00lbert:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

LODGE NORTH posted:

No, I'm pretty sure that's the dude with the long legs Kirby av.

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

So is it a totally impossible pain in the dick to get a 3.60 vita online to buy poo poo now or is there version spoofing like back in the day?

Haven't heard anything about it being a shitshow other than having the 2FA off.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

NESguerilla posted:

Is the ps4 version of DQ builders out in Japan. Has anyone done a performance comparison? I'm kind of leaning towards getting it on Vita unless the PS4 version is substantially better.

Also what's the price going to be on Vita? I was kind of surprised it looks to be $60 on PS4.

Kind of old, but I've had both Vita and PS4 Builders for a while. There's a pretty significant performance difference, with PS4 being 60fps and really sharp with a high view distance and PS VITA running maybe 20-30 fps, kinda muddy, and with a gray view distance fog.

I got the VITA version thinking I would play it on trips, but the performance difference was significant enough for me to not bother. Controls also feel kinda weird on VITA and it's hard to see some things like when your dude is looking up or down.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I appreciate you replying to that because I was wondering what version to get as well.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah that made it pretty clear cut, thanks fam.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Charles Get-Out posted:

Kind of old, but I've had both Vita and PS4 Builders for a while. There's a pretty significant performance difference, with PS4 being 60fps and really sharp with a high view distance and PS VITA running maybe 20-30 fps, kinda muddy, and with a gray view distance fog.

I got the VITA version thinking I would play it on trips, but the performance difference was significant enough for me to not bother. Controls also feel kinda weird on VITA and it's hard to see some things like when your dude is looking up or down.

THanks. Think it would work well on Remote Play? Ill probably get the PS4 version but play exclusively from bed/sofa in a different room if the control scheme is amenable to the Vita

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

people have also made undub versions of games if you give a poo poo about that nonsense
Oh, I definitely do. I understand folks who don't know Japanese and like not having to read along, but in more cases than not, I prefer to have the original voice acting (even though I need subs to keep up). There's just a whole lot of really bad English voice over for Japanese games and shows. Of course, there is also some really well done English voice work (e.g. Cowboy Bebop).

The extra stupid thing about FFX|X-2 HD is that the Steam and PS3/PS4 versions (and I'm guessing the Vita cartridge) include the original voice recording data in the download/on the disc. There's just no menu option for selecting it. :v: And overall, the voice over in FFX is comically abysmal (to be fair, it's partially due to technical nonsense on the part of the programmers).

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

the voice acting is fine, actually

god gamers are such entitled babies

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, FFX is a perfectly good dub. It's not like it's one of those games that was dubbed by the same people who translated the text.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRhDmUzWuBI

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
FFX's Japanese voices aren't even good

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ffx's dub isn't very good because of weird timing stuff but the original voices are bad too

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Japanese Tidus sounds like a crow.
Speaking of which
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOzM4ClFG1o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Wakka was the only one that was even remotely good. The acting for Tidus was hilariously insincere in pretty much every delivery—almost zero variance in emotion and inflection. Yuna was consistently horrendous throughout.