Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Conskill posted:

The Federation is just screwy. Which is why all good and noble pilots fly for the Empire. :colbert:

I am one of the rare private citizens who owns the proud flagship of the Empire. I use it to courier literal poo poo and run away from fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mailer posted:

I am one of the rare private citizens who owns the proud flagship of the Empire. I use it to courier literal poo poo and run away from fights.

The Empire: the few, the proud, the poo poo-toters :patriot:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The Federation is everything bad about 21st century America. The Empire is everything bad about :hist101: hypothetical kickass future space rome :agesilaus:

The Alliance is... the taipan fighter is cool I guess?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Boogalo posted:

As a bonus, these are probably people who already have the ranks required.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

And "earned" those ranks while it was insanely easy to do so.

This. All of those dudes certainly maxxed out their Fed/Imp ranks when you could do it with 2000cr donation missions in a weekend or two. Why these people now want to lock all content behind grinds that not even they wanted to perform is beyond me.

It's like a kind of hazing: they want the game to be as bad as they remember it was in beta (or maybe as bad as '84) so that all of us plebs :turianass: EARN :turianass: our right to play ~their~ game.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I think they believe they're doing everyone a favour. They remember how intrigued and ~immersed~ they felt playing the old games as children, and figure that it was because of the games rather then because they were children :smith:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I've done a fair share of farming Wu Guinagi to afford the stuff that made Sothis bearable and that only got me roughly to knight. I can not imagine ever unlocking the cutter at this rate and you know 84ers wouldn't be happy with fighters requiring less than count or earl.

I hope they're overwhelmingly suggesting this to Sandro so we can have another poll :agesilaus:

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.
I love how this was completely predictable (ship transfer costs).

They're eating their own

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Where did that guide to how to do Engineer poo poo go?

timn
Mar 16, 2010
Lol, I thought people were just being hyperbolic by saying the ship transfers were too expensive and with too much delay to ever bother using, but now that I'm actually looking at examples from beta holy poo poo. No one will use it unless they cut that poo poo down to at least a quarter of what it is now.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

timn posted:

Lol, I thought people were just being hyperbolic by saying the ship transfers were too expensive and with too much delay to ever bother using,

At this point you should have known better.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Gort posted:

Where did that guide to how to do Engineer poo poo go?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14F5pbks7dpEOGaVlhE8b-i2hJg2ufj31wuaMq8Ro-iw/edit#heading=h.ubq7bwsmit7

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Thanks!

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
How do you get the Sirius permit, guide/forums say it will spawn as a mission but I've been allied with Sirius Corp. for a while due to Sothis runs, but I've never seen any mission mentioning a permit when I went to the systems near Sirius :(

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

orcane posted:

How do you get the Sirius permit, guide/forums say it will spawn as a mission but I've been allied with Sirius Corp. for a while due to Sothis runs, but I've never seen any mission mentioning a permit when I went to the systems near Sirius :(

In Avik, in Bruce Prospect, it showed up for me as a mission restricted by not being Allied. 90% of the times I refreshed the board it was there. When I finally hit Allied, earlier today, it just let me select it, and once I did, I was told I got the permit.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

orcane posted:

Any station that is run by sirius corp can dish out the permit-mission if youre allied (friendly?).
I got mine in Bernards (Barnard? Barnyard?) Star next to sirius, the moved to sirius to get the invitation for Marco "gently caress Marco Gwent" Gwent.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 25, 2016

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I see. I'll go try refreshing the board in Avik a few times then.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Are there already sources up for the new engineers? I don't feel like grinding engineer access in beta just to take a look for myself.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Why not simply have the fighters tied to the motherships? An imperial fighter can only be launched by a Cutter, and a federal fighter needs a Corvette.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Why not simply have the fighters tied to the motherships? An imperial fighter can only be launched by a Cutter, and a federal fighter needs a Corvette.

Can you even remotely imagine the spergs over "balance" if they tie fighters to factions?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

So this time saving convenience requires you to grind anywhere from half an hour to a full day worth of money to use it. If I have to res farm for an hour to afford moving a ship 150ly (with a 45 minutes delay too) I would rather get a taxi hauler and go pick it up myself.

:frontear:

Either keep the delay and drastically reduce prices, say by a factor of 10, or make it istantaneous for those prices. Hell just give us both options.

Edit: they were saying that if they considered putting istantaneous transfer it would cost much more. Like what, 30 million to move a clipper? 5 millions for a Cobra Mk3? They are loving insane, do they think literally every player has billions of space dollars or what?

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 25, 2016

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

TorakFade posted:

They are loving insane, do they think literally every player has billions of space dollars or what?

ED Forums posted:

prices are OK for me, now.

Well they might...

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I love this game but Frontier does its best to gently caress it up.

They bake a nice, delicious cake, then just before putting it on the table they defecate on it.

And people on the brown sea eat it and rave on and on about how great this poo poo cake is

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

TorakFade posted:

I love this game but Frontier does its best to gently caress it up.

They bake a nice, delicious cake, then just before putting it on the table they defecate on it.

And people on the brown sea eat it and rave on and on about how great this poo poo cake is

More like they bake a nice cake, but the Brown Sea rages that there is no poo poo in the cake (poo poo = immersion = :airquote: fun :airquote: ), so FDev puts poo poo icing on the cake.

Then everyone complains that the icing tastes like poo poo...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So let us summarize the brown sea getting what they wanted:

Frontier please make moving ships a giant expensive PITA thanks! :angel:

No wait I didn't mean that much! All is lost! :kingsley:

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Frontier asked if we wanted some salt on our steak, then emptied a bucket over the plate and is like "what, you wanted salt"

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Frontier asked if we wanted some salt on our steak, then emptied a bucket over the plate and is like "what, you wanted salt"

To be fair, I've seen chefs do this in fine dining...

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I think It's more like

"Hey, Frontier, the basis of our enjoyment is 'immersion' which means every inconvenience possible, because real life is tough and this game is simulating real life! We can't have this game be too much like a video game!" :downs:

"Hey, wait a second! This isn't fun! You most be doing something wrong, Frontier!" :mad:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I think they should leave it as it is forever as a reminder to the community to shut up and let the developers develop

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Make it instant and cheap. gently caress the brown sea, gently caress the grognard 84er shitheads. It's a game. It makes playing the game easier, more accessible, and actually fun. gently caress. Why are the grogs so terrible at everything?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Yeah but you can't EXPLAIN why the game should be more easier and fun! That makes it too arcadey and video-game like, and this confuses me!

Here's a little thought project for you: If you can instantly transfer ships, why can't they just insta-transfer cargo, huh? #ThinkAboutIt

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
I'd be OK with a short delay, like no longer than 5-10 minutes from anywhere in the bubble to anywhere else in the bubble, if the cost was reasonable.

I just wish the 84er crowd would stop mistaking tedium for immersion. Immersion is the end result of all the little touches, the slight flicker on the ship's interface, the sense of mass and inertia the ships have, the low rumble when you hit boost, that kind of thing.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Bargearse posted:

I'd be OK with a short delay, like no longer than 5-10 minutes from anywhere in the bubble to anywhere else in the bubble, if the cost was reasonable.
While I think 5-10 minutes would be much more tolerable and preferable compared to a longer delay, there's arguably even less of a point to the delay if it was short. At 30-60m you could at least conceivably be like "oh I'll go shoot something or harvest materials for a little bit" or something, but with a short delay it's just a literal time tax of you sitting with your thumb up your rear end. Mind you I think having any sort of delay is stupid and it really should have stayed instant.

In any case, lmbo at people who campaigned for transfer delays then proceeding to complain about the costs

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Strategic Tea posted:

I think they should leave it as it is forever as a reminder to the community to shut up and let the developers develop

This would assume anyone there had not already chugged the kool-aid. They knew the right way to do it. Frontier just totally screwed it all up somehow.

Every time I find a post there it's full of broken people. The ship transfer thing originally made me think it was a cesspit of clowns screaming about MY AUTISM but the rabbit hole goes so much deeper than that. They're the Space Amish preaching that joy is the devil and everything requires suffering.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Yeah that's the impression I get everytime I look up something and check the brown sea links Google spits out. Even the ETA indicator is enough for huge arguments why there should and especially shouldn't be one that more accurately calculates/estimates your arrival time instead of only showing your time to target at current speed. Or why faster scanning of planets wouldn't be immersive so gently caress you for asking!

So I got my Sirius permit and after a bit of resetting the board in Sirius, the invitation for Marco Qwent. Now to find modular terminals again. :psyboom:

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Insert name here posted:

While I think 5-10 minutes would be much more tolerable and preferable compared to a longer delay, there's arguably even less of a point to the delay if it was short. At 30-60m you could at least conceivably be like "oh I'll go shoot something or harvest materials for a little bit" or something, but with a short delay it's just a literal time tax of you sitting with your thumb up your rear end. Mind you I think having any sort of delay is stupid and it really should have stayed instant.

In any case, lmbo at people who campaigned for transfer delays then proceeding to complain about the costs

Agreed, but the brown sea has spoken, so we have to work with what we've got.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It should cost a million per light year and take 5 minutes per light year.

Oh and the price doubles for every ship you move within a 24 hour cooldown window.

Because gently caress you that's why.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Cost should tripple every second imho.

jnnnnn
May 31, 2013

MEL
I shipped ten thousand tonnes of poo poo from Ceos this weekend (10500 tonnes * 400 light years = 4E22 poo poo-meters) and made 800 million credits.

It's a shame new players soon won't be able to do this, it gets the boring part of the game out of the way much quicker.

Sandbox is fun, grind is not.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I still believe once you get to Rank 12 they should GIVE you a Cutter/Vette, not allow you to buy one.
I mean you dont have to buy your own tank in the army.
Either buy it for 200mil or get it free with rank, but rank + money is a bit much.
Maybe with a monthly lease or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

jnnnnn posted:

I shipped ten thousand tonnes of poo poo from Ceos this weekend (10500 tonnes * 400 light years = 4E22 poo poo-meters) and made 800 million credits.

It's a shame new players soon won't be able to do this, it gets the boring part of the game out of the way much quicker.

Sandbox is fun, grind is not.

I had enough after 500 tons even though I planned to do much more this weekend, how do you do this and not want to kill yourself with the stupid mission board taking forever and mainly offering the wrong mission types?

orcane fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Sep 26, 2016

• Locked thread