Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
so is this game just the pvp modes from space marine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

This seems like an odd criticism against the Orks but I really dislike how visually noisy the Ork jump pack is. The fact that it's constantly spewing flame right in your face, completely with lense flare, is very irritating and makes me not want to use it.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
This game still needs a lot of work. But the core of it is fun and good

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

neonbregna posted:

Also the screen shake is bad how do I turn it off

I don't think you can. Happens when a vehicle gets stuck in the terrain. Source Engine used to do that in Garry's Mod where you'd get a prop stuck in the map geometry.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Are there Goon guilds or something?

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Sormus posted:

Are there Goon guilds or something?

Eldar - GoonSquad [GOON]
Space Marines - GoonsOfImperium [G0ON]
Chaos Marines - FuckGoons [GO0N]
Ork - TheGoonTide[G00N]

Vast majority are going to Eldar I guess.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Blacktoll posted:

Yeah they weren't kidding about the "launch is just a state change for us" schtick, problem is it'll probably kill them before they can get past that.

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009
I've been looking for a shooter but going through twitch streamers it seems they're all whales who paid over 200 bucks before this game even came out. They're also telling their viewers not to buy this game despite sinking ridiculous hours into it themselves. Is aiming really as wonky as it seems? Does the elf faction simply exist to rape noble space marines or are these whales not just spastic but also full of poo poo?

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I would not trust someone who spends $200 on pre-release videogames when they talk about videogames.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

AAPsel posted:

I've been looking for a shooter but going through twitch streamers it seems they're all whales who paid over 200 bucks before this game even came out. They're also telling their viewers not to buy this game despite sinking ridiculous hours into it themselves. Is aiming really as wonky as it seems? Does the elf faction simply exist to rape noble space marines or are these whales not just spastic but also full of poo poo?

They are correct when they say do not buy this

you feelin fucky
May 23, 2009
:psyduck: I watched a dude who spent over $350 on this game do a 15 hour streaming marathon to celebrate its release. In between rants about how awful it is for having bad pve and orcs not conforming to lore he's giving away cash shop items given to him by the community manager. He made trump's campaign look coherent.

neonbregna posted:

They are correct when they say do not buy this

thank you, non-crazy person

Orv
May 4, 2011
A bunch of people other than neonbregna are enjoying it, but not without several buckets full of provisos.

On the founders front, most of them are hardcore Warhammer spergs so they're either mad about lore infractions, that it's not an MMO for the moment or their own personal psychotic headcanon issues that most of them seem to have. Also they comprise possibly the densest (mass) and worst collection of armchair designers I've ever seen.

Orv fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 25, 2016

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

There has never been a 40k game that was accurate with the lore, because playing a superhuman space marine with wearing hyper-advanced equipment means you'd be basically stuck fighting Chaos marines if you wanted a balanced 1v1 shooter. And that's just Space Marine. People sperging about the lore like it's a big deal need to be introduced to every 40k game ever.

Orv
May 4, 2011
To read their posts the fact that their space marine is not exactly the right shade of puce is the biggest deal in ever. Or just any [utterly-meaningless-to-a-video-game piece of tabletop ruling, mechanics or trivia] here, basically.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Orv posted:

A bunch of people other than neonbregna are enjoying it, but not without several buckets full of provisos.

On the founders front, most of them are hardcore Warhammer spergs so they're either mad about lore infractions, that it's not an MMO for the moment or their own personal psychotic headcanon issues that most of them seem to have.

Technically I am having fun playing this but I would not recommend anyone buying it for the current price. The game is terrible at telling you what is going on. There is not a simple way to tell what is going on. I would like a way to tell how many of each class my team has currently deployed. That way I could fill a need instead of being the 15th healer. Also the map is bads in pvp for telling you what is going on where. Things that I can't blame the developer for are pubbies not understanding vehicles and pve.

Orv
May 4, 2011
You can see what classes people are playing on the scoreboard, you can check those against the symbols on the loadout menu, since if you're Eldar it's basically real-rear end moon runes. Also it sort of doesn't matter what's going on anywhere but the points, but that's a totally fair complaint.

But yes, I also wouldn't recommend it for the full $50. That $32 deal I think can still be had, and that's probably where I'd put it now if you have a tolerance for some razor sharp edges in places.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

A few gripes about melee:

1) quick attack op. You can swing swing swing all over the place and the only thing that can stop it is Perry blow which is incredibly slow, technically moves you I guess, and traps you in its animation (you're dead if you miss this). Its lunge range needs to be reduced by like 30% or so.

2) Perry blow UP. See reasons above. It needs to lunge you further forward, by like a lot.

3) Rolling out of stuns. This has got to be a bug because it's just absolute bullshit. Even more bullshit is that it only seems to work for some factions or classes. It's a loving get out of jail free card and pared with jump assaults makes me want to murder.

Also, executions are kinda lovely since they trap you in place and there's no way out of the animation. It really should be like reviving someone where you have to hold it. Also also, they should increase the range for initiating executions since it's kind of impossible to click on them if they're on stairs or something.

Orv
May 4, 2011
You can dodge out of parrying blow. For executions, it's the XP of a whole kill for being smart enough not to do it while there are enemies around. :shrug:

E: Slight clarification - you can dodge cancel your own parrying blow.

Orv fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 25, 2016

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I like the 180 this thread has made from writing the game completely off to "zomg its really fun!"

Schadenfreude central up in here.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It's more like they managed to actually get some poo poo done with a publisher breathing down their back. It's still a fairly broken game, but it's playable and enjoyable.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Stanley Pain posted:

It's more like they managed to actually get some poo poo done with a publisher breathing down their back. It's still a fairly broken game, but it's playable and enjoyable.

This. It's a lot of fun but it needs some more tlc.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'm enjoying it but dang I wish I wasn't fighting Space Marines 99.99% of the time. Every time I get in a match with Eldar or, day of days, orks I light up like it's Christmas morning.

Edit: ON THAT NOTE: attention chaos players, in chaos vs. space marine battles both sides are the same hulking dudes wearing virtually identical faceless suits of armor, and victory in confrontations generally hinges on who is able to react to the other faster. If I turn a corner and pop a shot off at you and ding your regenerating armor, please try to give the benefit of the doubt instead of taking this as some horrific besmirching of your video game honor and trying to kill me. Thank you.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 26, 2016

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I really hope this game doesn't die. I'm having a lot of fun with Eldar now.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

FunkMonkey posted:

Edit: ON THAT NOTE: attention chaos players, in chaos vs. space marine battles both sides are the same hulking dudes wearing virtually identical faceless suits of armor, and victory in confrontations generally hinges on who is able to react to the other faster. If I turn a corner and pop a shot off at you and ding your regenerating armor, please try to give the benefit of the doubt instead of taking this as some horrific besmirching of your video game honor and trying to kill me. Thank you.

No! Khorne accepts all blood and every skull. If anything, they should add team-damage for melee weapons when wielded by Chaos Players equipped with the mark of Khorne so I can get more killing done faster. :colbert:

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

If this poo poo was F2P i'd be playing it because i'm a 40k nerd but holy gently caress i never knew what they promised hahaha. I remember them saying something about 40k WoW years ago but holy gently caress the feature list that was advertised and what came out is worse then no mans sky.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
So are RTC coins or whatever only purchasable with real money?

If so, that is some real bullshit.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Arghy posted:

If this poo poo was F2P i'd be playing it because i'm a 40k nerd but holy gently caress i never knew what they promised hahaha. I remember them saying something about 40k WoW years ago but holy gently caress the feature list that was advertised and what came out is worse then no mans sky.

It's been known for a good long while this was no longer an MMO and they have been upfront about that. If you went into this expecting 40k WoW then I guess you didn't do any research or even watch a gameplay video.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

So are RTC coins or whatever only purchasable with real money?

If so, that is some real bullshit.

Rogue Trader coins are their premium currency, yes. I have no idea if there's a way to earn them in-game.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Arghy posted:

The guy who promised all the MMO stuff got fired for being full of poo poo, and they've been completely up front with every change they've had to make. Take it to the Steam forums.

Skoll posted:

Rogue Trader coins are their premium currency, yes. I have no idea if there's a way to earn them in-game.

Not currently, the (planned) meta campaigns will award RTC for participation.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Yeah the games pretty fun. My computer sucks and i get some crazy freezes sometimes which really cuts in on the gameplay.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Dude, I wouldn't even blame your computer just yet. This game has serious NETCODE and optimisation issues.

Skirmish mode runs nearly flawless for me, it's the grand conquest stuff that gets all wonky.

ScaMort
Oct 20, 2004
You can keep on sucking till the blood won't flow.

Orv posted:

Not currently, the (planned) meta campaigns will award RTC for participation.

That's pretty cool, actually. I hope they don't expect us to sit down for 8 hours to complete a campaign and get the RTC, but drat that sounds fun. Reminds me of the Armageddon campaign that GW came out with in the mid-aughts.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah if they can tie in a meaningful meta-campaign to the battles this game will be pretty great going forward.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Popete posted:

Yeah if they can tie in a meaningful meta-campaign to the battles this game will be pretty great going forward.

A metagame that Goons can ruin and make everyone hate us and this would be awesome

Orv
May 4, 2011

ScaMort posted:

That's pretty cool, actually. I hope they don't expect us to sit down for 8 hours to complete a campaign and get the RTC, but drat that sounds fun. Reminds me of the Armageddon campaign that GW came out with in the mid-aughts.

The intent (and really literally everything I say that isn't in game right now is just the intent from talking pretty regularly to the devs on Discord and stuff) is that it'll be thresholds of participation. Twenty, forty, sixty matches, ten, twenty, thirty wins, a hundred, two hundred, three hundred kills, that kind of stuff, over the course of a campaign, which they want to last about a week each. Each level you reach of each thing will put out more rewards when the campaign cashes out.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Can you hop on Discord and tell them to fix Eldar because holy poo poo. Super melee units who can fly across the entire map is ridiculous.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

gently caress ! This is what i get when i try to play that one fortress map.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Blacktoll posted:

I'm trying real hard to like this game but at every corner theres something that pisses me off.

The core gameplay is there and decent at that but god drat could it have used a few extra months of polish before its ''official'' release. I just hope Behaviour keeps improving it.

I'll join the goon guilds maybe it'll be more fun. Also some coordinated Tyranid purging could be interesting.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Skoll posted:

I like the 180 this thread has made from writing the game completely off to "zomg its really fun!"

Schadenfreude central up in here.

Nobody is proclaiming the game to be the best game ever. It CAN be fun, when everything clicks just right, but there's a lot of stuff that causes rage, like lovely netcode, OP Eldar, loving PLASMA CANNONS :orks:, a weird and confusing melee system, a pointless PvE mode, crappy vehicles with terrible handling (probably appropriate for orks, but whatever) and just a whole host of other broken and unbalanced poo poo that's made even worse because underneath all the crap you can see a good game trying to get out. I just hope that by the time it does people are still playing, but I'm not holding out much hope right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Popete posted:

Can you hop on Discord and tell them to fix Eldar because holy poo poo. Super melee units who can fly across the entire map is ridiculous.

They know, it just had the bad timing of them working seven day weeks for a month so the weekend after launch was their first weekend off. Eldar obviously aren't going to stay unstoppable murder machines that fundamentally ignore some of the game rules.

• Locked thread