Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

C-Euro posted:

Would someone like NPR be doing a radio broadcast of the debate? Might have to be driving late tomorrow and want to still hear as much as I can

http://www.dailynews.com/government-and-politics/20160922/listen-to-the-first-clinton-trump-presidential-debate-on-radio

quote:

For radio listeners, NPR News is offering special coverage of all debates with anchor Robert Siegel from 6 to 8 p.m. Pacific time (9 to 11 p.m. Eastern).

NPR stations in the Los Angeles area include KCRW-FM (89.9) and KPCC-FM (89.3).

Find a station in your area with the NPR Station Finder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

a.lo posted:

Hillary wet her pantsuit

weird.

but

at this point anything is possible~

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

i wonder if this will be like the primary debates where all day i'm like 'hell yeah, debate tonight, gonna be some good laughs' and then five minutes into it i want to die from boredom and disgust

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

a.lo posted:

Hillary wet her pantsuit

typical clinton hubris

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Phobophilia posted:

whose hype for the last days of capitalism

Remember during the primaries Trump got like, a single vote in Park Slope?

That must be her

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Lastgirl posted:

Might use some of these points for the Bingo Card in the Debate OP tomorrow. Feel free to add in more bingo card points and I might just make a crappy ms paint bingo card thing for debate thread OP tomorrow that people can use for drinking to

I'm bored so I'll spitball some ideas

Holt gets verbally attacked by Trump
Trump tries to intimidate Hillary
Trump says a slur
Trump completely reverses policy
Hillary coughs
Crowd sounds stunned
Someone yells PEPE
Trump Foundation blowout
Hillary is a murderer (Foster or Benghazi)
Bill's infidelities
Trump's infidelities
No handshake
Hillary shows vulnerability
Hillary makes Trump spazz

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

Remember during the primaries Trump got like, a single vote in Park Slope?

That must be her

white people in their 20s are basically human barnacles

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

There's a fairly good chance an actual terrorist is going to be president.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

MadJackal posted:

There's irony in a terrorist being elected by people who erroneously think a terrorist is already president.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

MadJackal posted:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Peep dem Gravis polls from tonight on 538, and feel your brain twist.

I don't see them. Link?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Nichael posted:

I don't see them. Link?
Latest updates

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/updates/

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

So long story short, he's pretty solid and since he's not on the hook for his livelihood being yanked for lack of views, he's better than Nate Silver and whatever the gently caress 'Polls Plus' means. Silver's main issue seems to be that he let money get in the way of his predictions. Always a bad move.

Brief follow-up: Sam Wang and Josh Putnam are the two best electoral commentators. I actually prefer Putnam in particular because his system doesn't care about the swings of all the day to day crap. It's designed to, ultimately, be as accurate as possible on November 8th and doesn't really care if it seems a little weird up until that point. He called Florida right in 2012 AND almost called the exact margin.

Silver's model has some weirdness this year, but overall it actually remains solid enough if you take out his obsession with including terrible tracking polls. 538's real problem is the tone that they've attacked this election with which seems designed to use uncertainty to try and drive clicks. They will tell you they're bullish on uncertainty, but it's pretty impressive that your model has a candidate 8 points up in the national election and only an 88% favorite to win.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

How does she go from pulling advertising there to that?

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Nichael posted:

Probably somehow under-representing Hispanics. Trump isn't going to win Colorado.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Nichael posted:

I have no idea what's going on any more, but note in the CO poll C + T + J only equals 84%.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I have no idea what's going on any more, but note in the CO poll C + T + J only equals 84%.

The full name is also the Breitbart/Gravis poll so...

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

paranoid randroid posted:

at least the GOP can toss its voters the occasional Bathroom Panic bill to get their hate-glands pumping, but as far as i can tell the tories are the political equivalent of a guy who intentionally hits puddles in his car so he can spray people on the sidewalk with dirty water

breaklaw posted:

Only highborn twits actually vote for the Tories. Everyone else votes against scroungers.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Schlonged Again posted:

i wonder if this will be like the primary debates where all day i'm like 'hell yeah, debate tonight, gonna be some good laughs' and then five minutes into it i want to die from boredom and disgust
is this a rhetorical question

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Nichael posted:

If a state has more than 10% Latinos, Robopolling is baaaaaaaddd

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
guys hillary losing the breitbart poll, we've got to :derp:

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
british whites are just as racist as american whites and they're a larger share of the population

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Word, thanks

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I keep f5'ing Sam Wang's site and seeing Clinton still has an advantage while shouting I'm not owned

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

Might use some of these points for the Bingo Card in the Debate OP tomorrow. Feel free to add in more bingo card points and I might just make a crappy ms paint bingo card thing for debate thread OP tomorrow that people can use for drinking to
http://bingo.baloogan.com/

add some cards peeps :3:

SirJohnnyMcDonald
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
great britain is the shining beacon of the anglo saxon race

which is why its full of such disgusting unwashed and downright filthy stupid fucks

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SirJohnnyMcDonald posted:

great britain is the shining beacon of the anglo saxon race

which is why its full of such disgusting unwashed and downright filthy stupid fucks

Fair criticism but they make the best potato chips on the planet so it's a wash really.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

nice

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

heck yeah

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

hell yeah
threw all that poo poo on there

e: some funny guy added Hillary looks over her glasses, directly into the camera, and says "day crew go home" LET'S KEEP IT REAL OK

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Nichael posted:

Fair criticism but they make the best potato chips on the planet so it's a wash really.

Eww.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'll do a thing where whomever completes their card first gets a prize of some sort.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Chokes McGee posted:

I keep f5'ing Sam Wang's site and seeing Clinton still has an advantage while shouting I'm not owned

nice...

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Does anyone else remember the 2000 NY Senate debates when what's his face no one remembers (Lazio) was all.

:smuggo: : Hey Hillary why don't you get back in the kitchen or whatever.
:abuela: : Umm, no.
:smuggo: : Ugghhh can you believe the nerve of this bitch?

Then :abuela: won by like +12. Cause I kinda feel like all you people worried that Trump will crazy and mysigonistic and she'll run away crying haven't been paying attention for the past... Oh, 50 years or so of her career.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

this rules!!!!!!!!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

mrmcd posted:

Does anyone else remember the 2000 NY Senate debates when what's his face no one remembers (Lazio) was all.

Then :abuela: won by like +12. Cause I kinda feel like all you people worried that Trump will crazy and mysigonistic and she'll run away crying haven't been paying attention for the past... Oh, 50 years or so of her career.

Trump is actually charismatic though to braindead Americans, who are a massive part of the electorate.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

cool

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

mrmcd posted:

Yeah I've brought it up a few times before in the thread. Don't forget that Lazio "won" that debate. It doesn't matter who is declared the winner. It matters how the audience at home reacts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nichael posted:

It's kind of amazing that Lays in the US is called Walkers in the UK

• Locked thread