Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

mrmcd posted:

Does anyone else remember the 2000 NY Senate debates when what's his face no one remembers (Lazio) was all.

:smuggo: : Hey Hillary why don't you get back in the kitchen or whatever.
:abuela: : Umm, no.
:smuggo: : Ugghhh can you believe the nerve of this bitch?

Then :abuela: won by like +12. Cause I kinda feel like all you people worried that Trump will crazy and mysigonistic and she'll run away crying haven't been paying attention for the past... Oh, 50 years or so of her career.

didn't he also like run up to her and try to make her sign some bullshit?

fake edit: yeah https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMJZo4UeTYQ

this dude looks real bad with this movie but there will still be like 40% of the audience who is like YEAH TELL THAT BITCH so whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah I've brought it up a few times before in the thread. Don't forget that Lazio "won" that debate. It doesn't matter who is declared the winner. It matters how the audience at home reacts.

A good time to take a break from politics and do other things [which I will do] is right after the 1st debate until the polls start filtering out at the end of the week beginning of next because its loving insufferable

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

owns, prob just screencap then for the Debate OP ya?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

CortezFantastic posted:

this dude looks real bad with this movie but there will still be like 40% of the audience who is like YEAH TELL THAT BITCH so whatever

But, again, that guy was/is a total Jeb!. Trump is incredibly appealing to shitheads, and they are a huge demographic.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
I think Trump won't say anything misogynistic and if he does it'll be carefully plausibly deniable like most of the offensive things he says. He always leaves some kind of technicality for his supporters to argue.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Lastgirl posted:

owns, prob just screencap then for the Debate OP ya?

yeah screeny and post

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

holts either gonna correct trump on something small, point out an explicit contradiction in something from trump, or just text with incredulity at a thing trump says

and trumps gonna get so pissed at the biased gotchaism of it all, and that's the only thing his base will talk about tuesday

Malachy
Dec 20, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

whose hype for the last days of capitalism

"Fashion Distribution" is just a fancy way of saying that you work at Macy's right?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

mrmcd posted:

Does anyone else remember the 2000 NY Senate debates when what's his face no one remembers (Lazio) was all.

:smuggo: : Hey Hillary why don't you get back in the kitchen or whatever.
:abuela: : Umm, no.
:smuggo: : Ugghhh can you believe the nerve of this bitch?

Then :abuela: won by like +12. Cause I kinda feel like all you people worried that Trump will crazy and mysigonistic and she'll run away crying haven't been paying attention for the past... Oh, 50 years or so of her career.

Yeah, I almost wrote about this. Donald Trump isn't preparing for his debates, is expecting a rally complete with cheers, and has no understanding of manplaining or the dozens of little things that types like him have done and dissected by a lot of smart people. His normal response is to bully his way around and bloviate expecting the crowd to cheer like they do when he says something racist. He's going to walk right into that trap a few minutes into the debate and get shut the gently caress down, then get angry, then explode at the moderator. He has to appear tough in the face of real opposition. Donald J. Trump has never faced real opposition in his life, and at 70 years old it's either going to kill him or make him poo poo himself live on air when he has a temper tantrum.

Either way, what are the odds that this is the final debate and right afterwards we get a screaming Twitter tirade about how this is unfair and he's not doing anymore? Come on, that has to be even money.

Edit: wait, I want odds on whether he walks out or not. He seems the type to fight the 'injustice' and piss off everybody to start making GBS threads on him.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

CortezFantastic posted:

Yeah, my point is that conservatives HATE HER SO MUCH AAAAAUGH they completely don't understand they look like total shitheads to a lot of voters, especially women, when they do poo poo like this. Trump is also way less disciplined and a buffoon than Lazio was. Also this was 16 YEARS AGO and everyone is worried she's going to be all "gosh look at all these TV cameras.... oh an orange man is yelling better pee my pants and cry."

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jewel Repetition posted:

I think Trump won't say anything misogynistic and if he does it'll be carefully plausibly deniable like most of the offensive things he says. He always leaves some kind of technicality for his supporters to argue.

If the only people he has left after this are his core supporters then he is going to lose in a landslide

He needs white women to switch over to him bigly, and boasting about how you're going to bring her husband's former mistress to sit in the front row is deffo not a smart way to get them

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Squizzle posted:

holts either gonna correct trump on something small, point out an explicit contradiction in something from trump, or just text with incredulity at a thing trump says

and trumps gonna get so pissed at the biased gotchaism of it all, and that's the only thing his base will talk about tuesday

Right. Trump is going to be restrained tomorrow; it's going to be Boring Trump. The bitch fest will start late Monday night and Tuesday morning. This is how I expect him to win the debate.

Obviously, I hope to god I am wrong though.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Skipping 900+ posts, what's my boy D. Trump up to?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

If the only people he has left after this are his core supporters then he is going to lose in a landslide

He needs white women to switch over to him bigly, and boasting about how you're going to bring her husband's former mistress to sit in the front row is deffo not a smart way to get them

And we haven't even got to the point where he's going to confront Hillary directly. His handlers must be pissing themselves if they haven't drank the Kool-Aid yet. I bet someone gets fired on Tuesday for making Trump look stupid and all eyes point to his newest campaign manager.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Either way, what are the odds that this is the final debate and right afterwards we get a screaming Twitter tirade about how this is unfair and he's not doing anymore? Come on, that has to be even money.

Oh, I fully expect him to throw a twitter tantrum and then refuse to do the last two debates. That's like at least a 75% chance of happening at this point.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

mrmcd posted:

Yeah, my point is that conservatives HATE HER SO MUCH AAAAAUGH they completely don't understand they look like total shitheads to a lot of voters, especially women, when they do poo poo like this. Trump is also way less disciplined and a buffoon than Lazio was. Also this was 16 YEARS AGO and everyone is worried she's going to be all "gosh look at all these TV cameras.... oh an orange man is yelling better pee my pants and cry."

The issue isn't Hillary losing her composure. I don't even get how someone could be worried about that.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

We are past the point where he loses in a landslide. He's still going to lose, but it's not going to be one of those Clinton 370+ predictions from the summer.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

triple sulk posted:

Skipping 900+ posts, what's my boy D. Trump up to?

DO IT!!!!! (defecate)

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Yeah. Anything could happen, but the reason I trust hillary to be POTUS is how she conducted herself in the Benghazi hearings.

She can stay in a room with a group of people who want her head for 8 hours and give them nothing. An orange man is nothing.

Still won't watch the debate, because I like my TV and don't want to throw something through it. If I watch the debate, I will need a new TV by the end of it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

woah, that lowtax's oldest???

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Baloogan posted:

yeah screeny and post

this is the best one i've refreshed so far

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ugh daycrew af

just look at that dweeb

creasing his apricots like that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i iron my apricots

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

ladies

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Inglonias posted:

Yeah. Anything could happen, but the reason I trust hillary to be POTUS is how she conducted herself in the Benghazi hearings.

She can stay in a room with a group of people who want her head for 8 hours and give them nothing. An orange man is nothing.

I absolutely expect Clinton to do a great job tomorrow. I also don't think it will matter because Donald won't literally call her a oval office, so Wolf Blitzer will say he was presidential.

Also, Gowdy is no Trump.

Total Jeb!. Sad.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Nichael posted:

Also, Gowdy is no Trump.

Total Jeb!. Sad.

he needs a grownup haircut

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

This is some Good Posting.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Trump did Arnold Palmer

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Lastgirl posted:

i do hope hill talks about how big her vagina is

because trump will barf, guaranteed. make hw yakking on the japanese prime minister look like a minor faux paus

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Do we all remember Trump's last Republican primary debate? The one where we all expected serious poo poo to go down, and then nothing happened? He's going to make it like that again. He will word salad his way out of tough questions, and the audience at home won't care.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lastgirl posted:

Clinton: "you should see the size of my labia, it's like Mick Jagger down there"
Me: *checks box*

Mystery Goomba
Jun 4, 2011

Nichael posted:

Do we all remember Trump's last Republican primary debate? The one where we all expected serious poo poo to go down, and then nothing happened? He's going to make it like that again. He will word salad his way out of tough questions, and the audience at home won't care.

Trump didn't need to have poo poo go down because he was already winning.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mystery Goomba posted:

no need to change the strategy then

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mystery Goomba posted:

Decent point. However, he's doing pretty well at the moment so I don't know how much he'll think he has to be crazy.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I'm definitely going to skip watching the debate tomorrow, I feel like if I watch it live I'm just going to freak out, but if I wait for it to be over I can gauge my expectations based on how everyone else reacts to it.

This election is going to give me a condition

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I'm definitely going to skip watching the debate tomorrow, I feel like if I watch it live I'm just going to freak out, but if I wait for it to be over I can gauge my expectations based on how everyone else reacts to it.

I haven't been this anxious about an election ever. Trump's rise makes me literally feel sick. I desperately want this poo poo to end because I feel like this nation has collectively been watching a tragedy unfold for eighteen months, and despite knowing how awful it is, we're all just kind of sitting back and observing it. It's such a weird and awful feeling.

I don't know what the future holds in a hypothetical (and still very unlikely) Trump presidency. I'm worried about my Muslim friends. I actually worry for their safety.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Sep 26, 2016

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Same here on every point except that I'm gonna watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Like, a "nervous breakdown" condition, or a "Hanover Fiste turns into a giant" condition

• Locked thread