Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

The End posted:

So, vip bug fixed, time to put in some serious hours, right? Nope. Game freezes massively shortly after beginning a race. :( Playground do you even test?

I got this on a few races. If you let it sit for about a minute it resumes and doesn't freeze again. I didn't see anyone on the official forums talking about it so it seems like a rare problem. What's your hardware config and are you using a wheel? I have a Nvidia 1080 and I'm using a wheel (logitech g920)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Seriously? Rice is "problematic" now?

I might pick up this game despite 1 and 2 being no fun for me. Post video please.
Better to err on the side of caution. I figured anyone sensitive to it could report me and it could be actionable.

I have not forgotten the lesson of the pedobear vinyl.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So again, online not working or what? I still haven't been able to join a freeroam session. It occasionally pretends to find one, but I don't see any players.

Also, regular Ford GT is faster than the Le Mans version out of the box. Gets even better when tuned.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Got an m4 with a skills bonus but i don't see anywhere that says how much of a bonus. Does anyone have any idea what % they add?

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

DogonCrook posted:

Got an m4 with a skills bonus but i don't see anywhere that says how much of a bonus. Does anyone have any idea what % they add?

Seems to be 50%.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

holocaust bloopers posted:

Got FH3 running on my pc. Looks great, although there is stuttering with the latest nvidia drivers. I'm also getting this odd issue in photo mode where game seems to be operating at a much lower resolution than my monitor where the actual game runs at native resolution. Any of you guys seeing that too?

I've noticed this as well, it runs at lower settings while you are setting up the camera and stuff for framerate reasons, but then it doesn't seem to bring it back to full game resolution even after pressing the button to render the photo.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

HORMELCHILI posted:

I've noticed this as well, it runs at lower settings while you are setting up the camera and stuff for framerate reasons, but then it doesn't seem to bring it back to full game resolution even after pressing the button to render the photo.

Seems to be a widespread issue. If Playground can sort out the stuttering and this then the game is gonna be in good shape.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Seriously? Rice is "problematic" now?

it's not

Dr. Faustus posted:

Better to err on the side of caution. I figured anyone sensitive to it could report me and it could be actionable.

i, too, equate a symbol of pedophilia to a derisive term aimed at people who poorly modify import cars

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

My ISIS vinyl is still going strong.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The license plate ASSMAN isn't allowed.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Dr. Faustus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dwqqrLPF5s

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

how about A55MAN? or 455M4N? or A55M4N? or AS5MAN?

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

:effort:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

My license plate is "PISSGOD".

So what is the "online adventure" mode? Whenever I try to join it, nothing happens (sometimes I get the "press X to join" notice, but then nothing). Same thing with online free roam. Are these things just turned off until the wider release?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Tried to do the classic, and it wouldn't work. :smith:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Hey Gutbomb - is there a setting for rotational degrees? I can't find one and it's a pain in the rear end that I can't change it to something lower.

So far I'm torn on the game,, some details that I'm nitpicking - I can't import and apply some tunes because the parts are "Not Available" in Horizon. Yet, I compare the build parts and they are exactly the same.

The default tune settings are completely insane compared to F6. Also max rear aero on GT cars is 238lbs?

No double credits for VIP for races? Weak.

Howdy, your drivatar is a complete oval office. Fix it :v: Also would Steamer or Cooker be an okay replacement for rice?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

geeves posted:

Hey Gutbomb - is there a setting for rotational degrees? I can't find one and it's a pain in the rear end that I can't change it to something lower.

So far I'm torn on the game,, some details that I'm nitpicking - I can't import and apply some tunes because the parts are "Not Available" in Horizon. Yet, I compare the build parts and they are exactly the same.

The default tune settings are completely insane compared to F6. Also max rear aero on GT cars is 238lbs?

No double credits for VIP for races? Weak.

Howdy, your drivatar is a complete oval office. Fix it :v: Also would Steamer or Cooker be an okay replacement for rice?

You're right, The Rice Cooker would be a great name for that event

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

geeves posted:

You're the second person to tell me this in the last 24 hours! WTF?

Cubey posted:

i, too, equate a symbol of pedophilia to a derisive term aimed at people who poorly modify import cars
But I don't. E: Ugh why.

Redstone and Asian Manufactures is funnier than the original joke. Jesus.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Sep 26, 2016

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

geeves posted:

Nope, it's not there but they said they were patching in more advanced wheel settings so I think that will eventually make an appearance.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Redstone and Yello....

Nope, never mind, nothing to see here.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hey I joined GRRC as kittenmittons83 just so you know, hopefully I won't get swept out with the randoms.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I bought a 1980's GMC van and one of the suggested skins was a Trump Make America Great Again livery.

GOTY

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

belt posted:

Hey I joined GRRC as kittenmittons83 just so you know, hopefully I won't get swept out with the randoms.

Don't worry about it too much. Frankly unless pubbies find some way to actually hurt us, I can't picture any reason to bother sweeping them out.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
My friend has the BMW Isetta with a hosed up sonic skin

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
"My friend."
C'mon, Top Hat.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Dr. Faustus posted:

"My friend."
C'mon, Top Hat.

I'll have it soon enough, I'm really low on credits due to saving up a ton to make my dreams of an all Ford garage a reality

NO TIME FOR FRIVOLITIES

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I'll have it soon enough, I'm really low on credits due to saving up a ton to make my dreams of an all Ford garage a reality

NO TIME FOR FRIVOLITIES

I rolled a Ford GT Horizon Edition and let me tell you I am thrilled

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Anyone feel like tuning for D class in this game is next to impossible? They've hosed with the PI gains for tire upgrades, or something. Taking a poo poo tier car and throwing the lowest level upgraded tires on it throws it to the top of D or even into C. Without the tires it's impossible to get it to the top of D with just engine and weight upgrades.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Fayez Butts posted:

I rolled a Ford GT Horizon Edition and let me tell you I am thrilled

Want.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

I'm finding it hard getting used to driving on the left side of the road. And I'm Australian.

BTW, they made the barn finds a lot easier in this game. A lot of the time you can find the barns at the end of small driveways, so if you see a super short dirt track in the search area, it's a good bet the barn is there.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

subroc posted:

I'm finding it hard getting used to driving on the left side of the road. And I'm Australian.

Hah same. I've driven these roads IRL but take a corner and I'm in the right side.

I'm glad the blueprint bucket lists exist. I made a 12km buggy race across the outback and it was cool as heck.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
loving hell this is a gorgeous game.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Finally got my issues sorted with fps and stuttering, whoever said setting the game in the control panel to a lower priority is right, saved me some fps.

gently caress i forgot how much fun Forza games are, I haven't played since 4. Love all the changes they've made and jfc 3000 layers for the paint shop!?

If anyone has paintjob requests hit me up and I'll see what I can do.

Gamerthing: Not Keket

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Played the demo of Horizon 3 and loved it. Bought the Ultimate edition.

Is there cross platform play? My gamertag is Hezzy88

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Hezzy posted:

Is there cross platform play?

Yep. Works great, too.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Yep. Works great, too.

gently caress yes.

I've just looked at getting a steering wheel but they're all ridiculously expensive

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
If you see the "Goliath Circuit" be forewarned, it's a circuit of the entire outside if the map.

Mostly full throttle it took me 15 minutes in an e46 m3.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
So I played it last night on my Xbox One and my PC. I kind of like playing it on my XB1 a little bit more, mostly because it's hooked up to an OLED TV and it looks a bit better there than on my monitor, even though the PC version itself looks better. I have an LG Ultrawide monitor and while you can select the full resolution, it has a bunch of weird issues with the aspect ratio and resolution. The game expects a more standard resolution so that UI elements will pop in and out and black bars abound.

But it's cool that they give both versions now so I at least have the option of which one to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Guys. Wow. Guys. Real rally spec this time. They put in some very cool body options this time around for the 1982 Lancia 037 Stradale. It's nearly period livery perfect, now. Nearly.

I consider it a real tribute to the Playground team that this design copied over perfectly from FM6 to FH3. I had to create some decals that aren't available online (like the Hertz logo) but the stuff I already had just fits as neat as you please.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Sep 26, 2016

• Locked thread