Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

mr. stefan posted:

I think its a funnier option to believe that mikitaka is a friendly stand using teenager who is just incredibly dedicated to loving with people

This but he's a friendly stand using alien teenager.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How long has Reimi been sitting on top of the owson's building in the ending? I know the alley disappeared at some point but I only just noticed her on the building's roof with arnold

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

FirstAidKite posted:

How long has Reimi been sitting on top of the owson's building in the ending? I know the alley disappeared at some point but I only just noticed her on the building's roof with arnold

A long time!! I don't remember when that first came up, though, to be honest.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Weird thing, Reimi was added to the top of Owson ever since Shigechi's Harvest - Part 2, not Part 1 for some reason

Also it's way funnier if Mikitaka is actually an alien with the ability to turn into near anything that just hangs out in a small Japanese town and does fuckall

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I guess ultimately I think Miki is an alien but I like it that it's not resolved. It just is whatever the hell it is. :)

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Moltrey posted:

Weird thing, Reimi was added to the top of Owson ever since Shigechi's Harvest - Part 2, not Part 1 for some reason

Also it's way funnier if Mikitaka is actually an alien with the ability to turn into near anything that just hangs out in a small Japanese town and does fuckall

He's on a mission to figure out if Earth is a nice place to live or not, hanging out in a small Japanese town is clearly an integral part of that. Also I mean he's like 200 years old, clearly the dude isn't in a hurry.

Or MAYBE he's a requiem stand and his mom was the user. She always wanted a son and the arrow gave her one :ohdear:

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

mikitaka is a pillar man

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's just autistic, sorry

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
gently caress off Josuke

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Moltrey posted:

Mikitaka cannot see Stands.

Stand Users are the only people who can see Stands

Mikitaka cannot see Stands, therefore he does not use a Stand

He is an alien and Earth, Wind and Fire is the name of his alien ability.

Or maybe he pretends not to see stands just like he pretends to be an alien.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

And maybe DIO wasn't a vampire but the mask gave him a Stand with all the powers and weaknesses of a vampire and also the Stand is invisible

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He's just autistic, sorry

Autism gives you wild shapeshifting powers.

say tan
Sep 25, 2016

by WE B Bourgeois

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
「Rock Hard」

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
The work of an enemy stand.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

I just finished part 6, man that ending. :smith:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

imweasel09 posted:

I just finished part 6, man that ending. :smith:

Continue on through part 7. You'll be glad you did.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Julias posted:

Continue on through part 7. You'll be glad you did.

I started reading because i was too impatient for the part 4 anime to finish after sheer heart attack and finished that, caught up with daxing dan's translations of part 5 and read part 6 instead of reading the old bad scans of part 5. I'm in for the long haul.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

imweasel09 posted:

I started reading because i was too impatient for the part 4 anime to finish after sheer heart attack and finished that, caught up with daxing dan's translations of part 5 and read part 6 instead of reading the old bad scans of part 5. I'm in for the long haul.

Part 7 is amazing and Part 8 is...I'm not sure but I like it a lot. JoJo is a rare case of continued improvement with only slight roadbumps here and there (although Part 5 might be arguable). The art gets a lot better too.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Part 8 is...bizarre. :grin:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Part 8 is Part 4 + Part 6, which is great because I love the setting and pace of part 4 and the complete insanity of part 6.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Dias posted:

Part 7 is amazing and Part 8 is...I'm not sure but I like it a lot. JoJo is a rare case of continued improvement with only slight roadbumps here and there (although Part 5 might be arguable). The art gets a lot better too.

I haven't finished it yet but part 5 at least solved the mystery of who shot biggy. Also why is dio in this horse race, he doesn't need money.

e: oh my god zeppeli's teeth.

imweasel09 fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 25, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
go go zeppeli

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE

imweasel09 posted:

I haven't finished it yet but part 5 at least solved the mystery of who shot biggy. Also why is dio in this horse race, he doesn't need money.

e: oh my god zeppeli's teeth.

Because all Dios/Diegos are dicks. Also to be the best, and continue being dicks to everyone. Diego chooses to be a dick by being good at horse racing.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Moltrey posted:

go! go! zeppeli

nyo ho

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/p_bandai/status/780230508957409280

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
someone please buy me the tie and wallet, ty

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Is that hand an actual thing or just part of the ad? Also, all that merchandise and no watch

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Butt Ox posted:

Is that hand an actual thing or just part of the ad? Also, all that merchandise and no watch

You wouldn't be able to read it when it broke.

Your bank account, that is.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
As much as I'd like to own a nice Kira tie, there is way reason to ever wear it since there is no situation outside of cosplay or being an eccentric rich person who can get away with weird fashion that you could pull off wearing that tie irl

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I'm honestly willing to redo my entire wardrobe and structure my new aesthetic around kira apparel

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Basically, the two men who could have pulled off that tie died this year, RIP bowie & prince

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Eh, you could probably wear the black one.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I imagine it must be extremely difficult tying one so that the skull is at the appropriate location on the knot.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Schwarzwald posted:

I imagine it must be extremely difficult tying one so that the skull is at the appropriate location on the knot.

Yeah, but if you can't manage to do it yourself you could ask someone to give you a hand. :v:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I will tattoo my entire skin in Kira print.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I will tattoo my entire skin in Kira print.

Really lovely way of keeping a low profile

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hey, 'nother Stand Masters question. So, I'm assuming that Stand Users healing faster than most people is also a thing but can Stands manifest inside people? Because I made this gif and it made me realize that if you could also freely put your Stand inside someone else, you could win a lot more fights decisively. Instead of beating on that hard chiseled exterior, just punch em right in the heart.

http://i.imgur.com/ApwZuKN.mp4

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I guess ultimately I think Miki is an alien but I like it that it's not resolved. It just is whatever the hell it is. :)

It's this kind of flippant attitude that got us so little Mikitaka and Tonio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Hey, 'nother Stand Masters question. So, I'm assuming that Stand Users healing faster than most people is also a thing but can Stands manifest inside people? Because I made this gif and it made me realize that if you could also freely put your Stand inside someone else, you could win a lot more fights decisively. Instead of beating on that hard chiseled exterior, just punch em right in the heart.

It's an inconsistency, basically. Jotaro reviving Joseph is the only time someone does that (not counting people using their Stands on their own bodies).