Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

I now understand why this was posted and I am worse for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kamille
Mar 18, 2016
I feel like Lennon murder truth dude has either been up here or on ballpit before. I'm somehow not at all surprised that he drives around in that.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea I kinda can't listen to that episode if only because they're kinda just legit hosed poor people who are 100% convinced they're somehow broken and can't afford any better medicine than water mixed with fairy farts. I know some folks from that area who have family back home like that. There's so much better targets for homeopathy laughter, though of course I'm positive they didn't know the context when they did it.

It's definitely something that isn't immediately obvious about the site, and only kinda comes together when you start noticing certain trends in their situation or that their English is bad in the same, specific way. If you just imagine them as British people, it's a lot funnier.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Tenik posted:

I have no idea how to write up and submit docs, but I saw this guy's truck today, and he might be a neat neat subject to look into. Here's his website: http://lennonmurdertruth.com/

I clicked on like one page and already found that he keeps calling Edward Snowden Eric

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I may have gotten drunk last night and stayed up till 3 AM making an FPlus markov bot. I dunno how relevant those are anymore or if anyone cares, but there it is. It's only got data from episodes 93-130 because I have to get all the stuff from the docs by hand, but I'm having fun with it and in testing I'm getting very good poo poo.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
You need to tweet that at Lemon, he'd get the biggest kick out of it.

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

Are any other goons considering going to the live event? I'm thinking of dropping a bunch of money on a hotel for that weekend, and I'd welcome company and split costs.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I'm going, but I already live in Saint Paul.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'm driving from Nebraska but I don't think my husband would go for any roommates...

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Tenik posted:

I have no idea how to write up and submit docs, but I saw this guy's truck today, and he might be a neat neat subject to look into. Here's his website: http://lennonmurdertruth.com/
That's already been in the Hopper for a while. Keep your fingers crossed.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

I'm flying in from North Carolina. Airfare is going to be a bitch, but I'm splitting an AirBnB with some friends, so that'll be cheap at least.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
So the folks behind Dragonball Z Abridged have a video game channel and they sometimes to LPs of games in character.

So here's Goku LPing drat.dog.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxDA4stRfvE

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
So, uhh,

how do you actually get to the Extra Credit podcasts so you can listen to them instead of reading about them? They don't show up anywhere on the episode pages. :psyduck:

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I searched for Extra Credit in my podcast app and it showed up so I added it to my subscriptions and then downloaded it and listened to it.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
The RSS feed has direct links, thankfully.

Also, apparently there's been an episode up for more than a week that I haven't heard and nobody's talked about. :eek:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

So, uhh,

how do you actually get to the Extra Credit podcasts so you can listen to them instead of reading about them? They don't show up anywhere on the episode pages. :psyduck:

Extra Credit has its own website, The F-Minus.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

RyokoTK posted:

That's the website I was using. :shrug:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

RyokoTK posted:

They redesigned the site for the third or fourth time, and now there aren't any download links. They don't even show up in the page sources.

I've seen a couple other podcasts do this kind of thing too, letting you download from anywhere but the show's actual website. It makes no sense, especially since they're still hosting the MP3s on their own domain.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Sep 23, 2016

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

So, uhh,

i found them in my podcast app so i don't have this problem, goodbye

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks

Spaced God posted:

I may have gotten drunk last night and stayed up till 3 AM making an FPlus markov bot. I dunno how relevant those are anymore or if anyone cares, but there it is. It's only got data from episodes 93-130 because I have to get all the stuff from the docs by hand, but I'm having fun with it and in testing I'm getting very good poo poo.

https://twitter.com/FPlus_Ebooks/status/778781286731161600

Yep Checks out.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Did Lowtax write this one?

http://twitter.com/FPlus_Ebooks/status/779181498905669632

Edit: oh god no

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Sep 23, 2016

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

They redesigned the site for the third or fourth time, and now there aren't any download links. They don't even show up in the page sources.

I've seen a couple other podcasts do this kind of thing too, letting you download from anywhere but the show's actual website. It makes no sense, especially since they're still hosting the MP3s on their own domain.

Am I losing my mind or misunderstanding you guys?

There's a download button right under the player.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
That wasn't there a few hours ago, at least not in my browser. They might've fixed something in the meantime.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Yeah it's new. I asked about it on ballpit and

quote:

Yeah, there was a problem with some of our scripts.
While we look into it, we've added the downloads & player manually for now.

DetectiveSlowpoke
Mar 30, 2010

The best detective

Know it was from a while ago but i was dying in the hospital okay. I learned one important lesson. Make sure you dont double compress your own goddamn audio when editing. I promise that the next one I edit I will sound amazing haha (and it is a good one).

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad

I've noticed that, for poo poo like this, it's always a van, isn't it?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

how much Truth could you get on a compact?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DetectiveSlowpoke posted:

Know it was from a while ago but i was dying in the hospital okay.

I think that qualifies as unfortunate, really.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

DetectiveSlowpoke posted:

Know it was from a while ago but i was dying in the hospital okay. I learned one important lesson. Make sure you dont double compress your own goddamn audio when editing. I promise that the next one I edit I will sound amazing haha (and it is a good one).

EDIT: Sorry, that may have been an insensitive joke. I hope you're better now.

my girlfriend is Legos fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Sep 25, 2016

DetectiveSlowpoke
Mar 30, 2010

The best detective
Okay, dying in the hospital is maybe a bit of a exaggeration. Maybe shouldn't have made that joke to people who didn't have the whole story. In short I had C-diff due to antibiotics destroying almost all the the stuff in my gut. I was there for 10 days and it sucked but I don't think i was actually gonna die.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Man, that sucks. Especially as the only thing people know C. diff for is poop transplants.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I never expected an f-plus about one of those lovely Diplomacy ripoff online games but this sounds good

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Come for the hellish serious discussion of memes, stay for the fascism

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I like Frank West's Strong Sad voice. :unsmith:

e: Unrelated, but STOG's ad in Adjudicated Guest 4 is pretty drat on point as far as actual lovely Maximum Fun podcasts are concerned.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 26, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

RyokoTK posted:

I like Frank West's Strong Sad voice. :unsmith:

e: Unrelated, but STOG's ad in Adjudicated Guest 4 is pretty drat on point as far as actual lovely Maximum Fun podcasts are concerned.

Max Fun has so many terrible podcasts with even worse ads

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I listen to My Brother, My Brother and Me and also The Flop House, and I don't skip the ads for their real sponsors because sometimes there are funny bits in them, but I do skip the ads for the other Maxfun podcasts because they are never funny.

So maybe Throwing Shade is actually a good show but it sure as gently caress doesn't sound like one.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
King Lou rises anew.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Episode 228: United Nations of Dinguses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Improbable Lobster posted:

Max Fun has so many terrible podcasts with even worse ads

Most of them sound like somebody startled the podcaster awake and yelled at them to describe their show RIGHT NOW