Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Considering FFT has sold quite well on mobile, I'd be surprised if FE couldn't find an audience there as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mynintendonews.com/2016/09/26/major-uk-retailer-tesco-put-up-nintendo-nx-page-and-price-at-350/amp

That's 450bux US, if I didn't gently caress up the imputs twice. I disbelieve.

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

Not a chance. I'm sure that one of the lessons Nintendo must have learned is that the Gamecube and Wii U worked in part because they were priced under their competitors. Not £100 above.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Just release more advance wars nintendo, and an f zero gx sequel and i'll hurl money at your new not console

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If they make a new advanced wars they need something new to the formula. The two GBA and two DS ones were good, but basically four games with very little change.

I'd like to see nation building and having to deal with controlling and governing occupied territories. Throw some Civ in there.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jables88 posted:

Not a chance. I'm sure that one of the lessons Nintendo must have learned is that the Gamecube and Wii U worked in part because they were priced under their competitors. Not £100 above.

Gamecube, while great, was a sales failure at 99$

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

greatn posted:

The two GBA and two DS ones were good, but basically four games with very little change.

wait until i tell you about fire emblem...

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

greatn posted:

If they make a new advanced wars they need something new to the formula. The two GBA and two DS ones were good, but basically four games with very little change.

I'd like to see nation building and having to deal with controlling and governing occupied territories. Throw some Civ in there.

That sounds like an absolutely terrible idea.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Honestly, I'm torn on the next Advance Wars game. I loved the aesthetic of Days of Ruin, but I also enjoyed the cartooney stuff of the earlier games. I'd love to see them merged. They really need to keep the embedded COs, though.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Perhaps a seperate game, then, but I'd really love to see Nintendo's take on a government sim. The version of SimCity they developed for SNES was so good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

greatn posted:

Perhaps a seperate game, then, but I'd really love to see Nintendo's take on a government sim. The version of SimCity they developed for SNES was so good.

You're the mayor in the last Animal Crossing.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

elf help book posted:

You're the mayor in the last Animal Crossing.

Yes, but you can't go to war with neighboring towns.

Animal Crossing + Advanced Wars crossover, when Nintendo?

Joe Son
Jul 23, 2009

Jables88 posted:

I'm sure that one of the lessons Nintendo must have learned

Lol

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
maybe that $450 is for some kinda bundle?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

greatn posted:

No, shut up. I want more Advance Wars, just like the old Advance Wars.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Gorgolflox posted:

maybe that $450 is for some kinda bundle?

Or maybe it's just a temporary list price like every other temporary listing on the planet, it also is not coming out on Dec 31st 2017, either.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The Nintendo NX...

Who wants to bet on the official name?

I bet on

Nintendo Firefly
*90s as gently caress*

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Phantasium posted:

Or maybe it's just a temporary list price like every other temporary listing on the planet, it also is not coming out on Dec 31st 2017, either.

No that makes too much sense, the real reason is that it uses four tegra X4s and has 2000 teraflops

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

loving hell, come on, let this be the week.

Given the amount of people that must know about it by now as well as the crazy hooplah/hype, that must be one scary rear end NDA that folks had to sign.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

loving hell, come on, let this be the week.

Given the amount of people that must know about it by now as well as the crazy hooplah/hype, that must be one scary rear end NDA that folks had to sign.

Every day people wake up with a new page of the NDA delivered to them via Nintendo Ninja's Shuriken, sometimes stabbed into their hands if they're being too playful with their info.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

If you snitch on Nintendo, you end up in that cave Miyamoto found as a child.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

If you snitch on Nintendo, you end up in that cave Miyamoto found as a child.

holy poo poo maybe the thing he found in the cave is an unspeakable horror that gives Miyamoto his Ideas in exchange for the bodies of snitches or that it eats the memories of people who know too much of Nintendo's secrets.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

holy poo poo maybe the thing he found in the cave is an unspeakable horror that gives Miyamoto his Ideas in exchange for the bodies of snitches or that it eats the memories of people who know too much of Nintendo's secrets.

*the nameless horror devours its meal whole in front of Shigeru. After a moment, it raises one of its many heads and speaks*

"Okay, so like, you're a fat plumber, but you can jump good. And there's a princess..."

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The NX xD

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

bloodychill posted:

Considering FFT has sold quite well on mobile, I'd be surprised if FE couldn't find an audience there as well.

I've been thinking about getting FFT on iPad because it fixed so many things I hated about War of the Lions on PSP, such as the bullshit multiplayer and the slowdown, as well as simply being on the PSP. I think that PSP has some fine games, but ergonomically it's a beast for me.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Honestly, I'm torn on the next Advance Wars game. I loved the aesthetic of Days of Ruin, but I also enjoyed the cartooney stuff of the earlier games. I'd love to see them merged. They really need to keep the embedded COs, though.

Same here. I liked the unit designs in DoR and the incredible balance, but the rest of the grimdark aesthetic was mispalced.

Al-Saqr posted:

That's where they toss the people who break NDAs.

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

*the nameless horror devours its meal whole in front of Shigeru. After a moment, it raises one of its many heads and speaks*

"Okay, so like, you're a fat plumber, but you can jump good. And there's a princess..."

Kill, Consume, kill more and sacrifice the children you bring into this world. All of this to try and recover the life you once had.
It shall be called pikmin
-Miyamoto's horror

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Doshin the Giant was conceived when Miyamoto accidentally fed the beast an innocent.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

these are pretty sick (good), haha. you cats ever read lovecraft by the way ??

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

JustJeff88 posted:

I've been thinking about getting FFT on iPad

i'll sell it to you for 22 shipped

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Decus posted:

Fire Emblem is the sort of thing that should control just fine on mobile, but I don't know if we've seen anything on it suggesting what sort of effort will be put into it so I'm more inclined to be pessimistic. I'd play a full featured FE game like FE7/8 on mobile because they auto-save constantly and thus are perfectly fine for a few minutes here a few minutes there, but I wouldn't be too hot on "we made this super simplified thing as a taste-test for people". I'd bet more on getting the latter than the former since they want their phone games to grow audiences on their products instead of sell to the same audience on a different product that they aren't getting a full-cut on.

I bet a simplified battle system would work well enough if they went full mobage gacha system on building your teams.

Not so simplified that it's barely there like certain mobile games like summoner wars, but if it had about as much depth as fgo/gbf/pad that'd be a sweet balance

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

one of the only things Nintendo has actually said themselves about the NX is that the Wii U was too ungodly expensive at release and they're not loving doing that poo poo again, so no way in hell the thing costs as much as a gtx 1070

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Just release a normal loving console so we can get some normal loving sequels for fucks sake.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

oddium posted:

these are pretty sick (good), haha. you cats ever read lovecraft by the way ??

Haha man let me tell you I read nothing else. I didn't even read your post. My secretary just hit the quote button and told me to start posting. I'm not even reading what I write because I'm not HP Lovecraft

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

paco650 posted:

Just release a normal loving console so we can get some normal loving sequels for fucks sake.

No one will stop me from playing the delayed version of Watch_Dogs 2 on the Nintendo NX.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Decus posted:

Fire Emblem is the sort of thing that should control just fine on mobile, but I don't know if we've seen anything on it suggesting what sort of effort will be put into it so I'm more inclined to be pessimistic. I'd play a full featured FE game like FE7/8 on mobile because they auto-save constantly and thus are perfectly fine for a few minutes here a few minutes there, but I wouldn't be too hot on "we made this super simplified thing as a taste-test for people". I'd bet more on getting the latter than the former since they want their phone games to grow audiences on their products instead of sell to the same audience on a different product that they aren't getting a full-cut on.

The sibling touching part will work perfectly, at least

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Nintendo should come to my birthday party.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Saoshyant posted:

No one will stop me from playing the delayed version of Watch_Dogs 2 on the Nintendo NX.

hey, im sure vivendi will get it released on time

SomewhatMystia
Sep 9, 2016

I'm also somewhat hungry.

Futaba Anzu posted:

I bet a simplified battle system would work well enough if they went full mobage gacha system on building your teams.

Not so simplified that it's barely there like certain mobile games like summoner wars, but if it had about as much depth as fgo/gbf/pad that'd be a sweet balance

FGO was exactly what I have in mind when I think about FE Mobile.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BillmasterCozb posted:

hey, im sure vivendi will get it released on time

this week is their first real attempt to take over the board. ubi just blew like 100 million buying up scraps of its stock in preparation to fend them off a while longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

i think its easy for me to be paitent for the nx reveal because i will buy one even if its literally just foxconn interns making GBS threads into a box and the only release for it is poo poo Mario Brothers

• Locked thread