Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If everyone in America throws away their vote on HOOT TRUTHS,

zhe will be the next President.

:ms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

theflyingexecutive posted:

like propping up a wannabe tyrant so you can start farthuffer strategies and make a few million dollars, is that really worth it?
It really needs to be "fart huffer" or "fart-huffer". It just looks wrong together in a single word, and requires much more time than it's worth to decipher what you're saying (what's a 'farth uffer'? did he just misspell 'further'?, etc.)

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Honestly this thread is at its nadir when we move past jokes and dip our toes into political analysis. Everyone keeps getting every prediction wrong and then confidently makes two more predictions. A thread full of kristol

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

fart blood posted:

Because we are all realists who understand the very real possibility Trump can win...??? :confused:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
krystol meth

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just checked: there is nothing in the Constitution of the United States of America that says a cartoon owl cannot be elected President.

makes you think

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nietzschean posted:

If everyone in America throws away their vote on HOOT TRUTHS,

zhe will be the next President.

:ms:

it's troofhoots you rapscallion

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

What happened to the Ted Cruz word filter? It's so weird actually seeing his name. Some unholy things should never be spoken.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
have presidential debates in recent years actually...mattered for voting day?

that might be a bit difficult to quantify without using some semi-useless polls, but haven't most people made up their mind on who they're voting for? unless of course it's all mainly targeted towards undecided idiots.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lorn Wayne posted:

that might be a bit difficult to quantify without using some semi-useless polls, but haven't most people made up their mind on who they're voting for? unless of course it's all mainly targeted towards undecided idiots.

actually, nothing matters

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

lorn Wayne posted:

You'd be amazed how many "undecided voters" there are out there. (I put them in quotes because they are actually in fact "loving dopes.")

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lorn Wayne posted:

idk but the VP debate confirmed for me that Joe Biden is a smooth motherfucker and Paul Ryan is a sniveling little turd.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

fart blood posted:

And I would characterize many people here Rove'ing themselves, but I guess we'll agree to disagree. I'd rather panic now and get a Hillary victory than go "lol these guys don't know anything" then watch Trump be sworn in.

Call it a precaution.

cuz our posts on a dead gay comedy forum are gonna swing the election

no sense in worrying over something out of your control

vote in november baby

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
IM loving FREAKING OUT

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Is every single Presidential Nominee going to be called a Nazi from now on? In 2004 Bush was a nazi then Obama was a nazi and now Hillary and Trump are Nazis.

Yes.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

lorn Wayne posted:

yes they matter, "proceed governor" was turning point in the race just last election. Trump is building a base on a shoddy foundation as he has no substance. If Hillary exposes him successfully, some of those people who are just bandwagoning are going to be asking themselves why.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

sharkbomb posted:

IM loving FREAKING OUT

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Trump just assumed Holt was a democrat because he is black right?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

sharkbomb posted:

IM loving FREAKING OUT

pretty good post/avatar combination

Dang beaten

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

brocretin posted:

cuz our posts on a dead gay comedy forum are gonna swing the election

no sense in worrying over something out of your control

vote in november baby

No, but facts do matter.

And don't sell yourself short, Goons matter! :unsmith:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

This is going to be a huge nothing-burger. Mark my words.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

lorn Wayne posted:

IIRC, Obama dipped pretty hard after the first debate in 2012 since he looked like he was just phoning it in. He reversed and then some in the next debates so they can certainly matter in terms of polling bumps/dips.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
fart blood is a one-note arzy pony, but it's true as hell that trump is within striking distance. Hillary is fighting against the current of "GET RID OF THE MUSLIMS" with 'nuance!' and 'professionalism!' and 'woman!'

The problem for democratic candidates is that they're not able to hook onto a single thing like republicans can.

Hillary can be for fair trade coffee, pro-choice, anti-GMO, pro-rebels-in-Syria, but if her position of East Timor's pet spaying policy is at odds, you get a bevy of democrats who say "Just another corporate whore!"

Trump can be pro-choice, pro-gay-marriage, pro-deficit, pro-endless-war-in-the-middle-east, but as long as he says "GET EM OUT" to Muslims, republicans hold their nose.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

a thousand-year reich of nazi presidents :smithfrog:

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx

sharkbomb posted:

IM loving FREAKING OUT

i told myself i'd save any arzying for if/when Trump was tied or up in the aggregate for PA/CO but this feels close enough

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

To be honest, I believe that 90% of all votes are locked in and nothing will change them. The only people still undecided are so totally stupid that nothing about the debates either way will change their mind

I'm only excited for the debates because I'm ready for this election to be over and this is the next step in achieving that

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Wow trump is backing out of the debate at the last minute?!??

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Swedgin posted:

i told myself i'd save any arzying for if/when Trump was tied or up in the aggregate for PA/CO but this feels close enough
If PA/CO looks the same a week from now I'll join in.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Swedgin posted:

Don't check the 538 update that just went up.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

fart blood posted:

Because we are all realists who understand the very real possibility Trump can win...??? :confused:

So you would call yourself a realist about this race? A race realist. Hmmmmm.......

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Al! posted:

Wow trump is backing out of the debate at the last minute?!??
It's ok we have a stand-in https://twitter.com/stableford/status/780084415087116288

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Epic High Five posted:

To be honest, I believe that 90% of all votes are locked in and nothing will change them. The only people still undecided are so totally stupid that nothing about the debates either way will change their mind

I'm only excited for the debates because I'm ready for this election to be over and this is the next step in achieving that

There was a poll that showed this as well, literally 90% of people said they weren't changing who they were voting for.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Tainen posted:

Don't check [...] 538

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

... :perfect:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

WampaLord posted:

There was a poll that showed this as well, literally 90% of people said they weren't changing who they were voting for.

Turns out those people are often incorrect about predicting what they'll do though. Just look at the number of people who said they'd flat out never vote for Trump.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

most of the undecideds are probably undecided between one major candidate and a third party, or between one major candidate and not voting

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Can we see those two debate

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Grey Fox posted:

idk but the VP debate confirmed for me that Joe Biden is a smooth motherfucker and Paul Ryan is a sniveling little turd.

The way Biden kept calling him "my friend" was incredible, it was like sure this is polite but also dripping with condescension

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
The free men of the world are marching together to Victory!

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full Victory!

Good Luck ! And let us beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.

Trump!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm making mimosas have you pansies even started yet

• Locked thread