Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
pretty funny that anyone would defend this garbage poo poo game still but here we are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ponzi posted:

Recently, I keep seeing references to the 'rumours about Ortwin'. I haven't been able to keep up with the thread because, you know, life, but can someone elaborate?

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Ortwin is the Canary. Soon as you see him bail, shop is closing soon after.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

TheLightPurges posted:

Very controlled situations where he controls the message. His own personal website, his own pocket forum right here, and a SWAT team of eager supporters ready to defend Derek for their own Elite game on Frontier. Cowardly, but understandable. No one likes to get owned.

NOT A CULT. NO SIR.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Oh hell yes! We have a new shill to replace MoMA.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

TheLightPurges posted:

No one likes to get owned.

And yet here you are

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

TheLightPurges posted:

The exact amount of my confidence in the project. Which is reasonably high. But still lol at Beer posting his own ownage here looking for sympathy.

Wait. What?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

TheLightPurges posted:

He'd be laughed and jeered at. Just like he is everyday all over the internet. A few eager beavers might get a little mad but that's about it.

Theres a reason he hides here.

You know Lowtax could ban Derek right now and it wouldn't even slow down this thread for a minute.

EDIT: Is this a Moma alt or a Lazrin alt?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into spaceman body horror.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

"im not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into spaceman body horror.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You'd have to be pretty out of touch to think Derek actually runs this joint

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

he can barely keep up with it

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Jobbo_Fett posted:

"He said, as Derek Smart continues to post on his own website and the Frontier Forums"

Didn't he post comments on /r/DS recently too?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Xarbala posted:

he can barely keep up with it

No age shaming.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
MY LIFE AND BODY FOR SMART!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Am I the only one that reads post histories?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

BadOptics posted:

NOT A CULT. NO SIR.

I think it has cultlike qualities yes. Veneration of a leader. Only willing to talk in controlled settings.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

MeLKoR posted:

Am I the only one that reads post histories?

Look buddy just play along unless you want scrotey to get caught again

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

D_Smart posted:

Funny that they actually looked at his amazing body of work, not his qualifications, when they hired him. Plus he left of his own accord. Yeah, too funny when some guy from ITT-Tech leaves your $124m disaster project.

Young Freud posted:

I just looked at Forrest Stephan and what "amazing body of work"? His artstation account has like one image there.

Exactly. His portfolio is a scifi living room with a hard sided plastic sofa. And a round "dinner" table that has bar stools and a freaking foot rest ring.

Are we talking about the same guy here or are Young Freud and I smoking too high grade of dope?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

I think this is terrible management obviously as I'm not a complete idiot. But if anyone reading is still working at CIG please figure out a way to record at least one of these tantrums, comedy gold.

Considering how little Chris seems to know about computers, that would probably be easy to sneak onto his computer.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Wiz posted:

If you buy it, you should play it at least once. Maybe you'll like it! There's even a reference to SA in one of the anomalies your science ships can discover.

I don't recall seeing any SA references. Could you give us a clue as to what it might be?

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

D_Smart posted:

I was referring to Seth Nash, not Forrest (aka plonker)
http://www.sethnash.com/

Seth did not graduate from ITT-Tech, for all of your bookmarking and note taking it still doesn't mean you shouldn't take a nap once in a while. Your confusing who we are making fun of.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

What's your wife's favourite number?

I would ask what his wife's favorite position is. Does she favor being the VP of Marketing? The best saleswoman in the world? Wannabe actress?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Bofast posted:

I don't recall seeing any SA references. Could you give us a clue as to what it might be?

The fact that its derivative boring garbage

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

TheLightPurges posted:

Very controlled situations where he controls the message. His own personal website, his own pocket forum right here, and a SWAT team of eager supporters ready to defend Derek for their own Elite game on Frontier. Cowardly, but understandable. No one likes to get owned.

So why did you come here?

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

TheLightPurges posted:

I think it has cultlike qualities yes. Veneration of a leader. Only willing to talk in controlled settings.

But enough about r/DerekSmart...

E: Your chances of getting probated here, even if you are a complete tool is far lower than Reddit or rsi. Lol at controlled settings.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Tank Boy Ken posted:

So why did you come here?

You have a unique opportunity here to show real fans everywhere that not all of you are braindead, fanatical, dimwits. And this is how you choose to utilize that opportunity? Weak insults a 5 year old could shrug off?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

TheLightPurges posted:

You have a unique opportunity here to show real fans everywhere that not all of you are braindead, fanatical, dimwits. And this is how you choose to utilize that opportunity? Weak insults a 5 year old could shrug off?

OK, so tell us why you still have faith in the project when after five years of development and over $120 million the gameplay is exactly what is shown in peter gabriel's videos?

:pgabz:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Unique?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

And after this happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTdchKUqUFY

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

TheLightPurges posted:

Didn't realize SA had that big of an influence! I thought we were just a small group of salty asshats! Interesting how this website is both inconsequential and the most dire threat to Chris Roberts's dream.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Do I really have to explain how the concept of time works to goons? Well maybe as they think everything should be delivered yesterday. But I sadly don't have the patience.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

TheLightPurges posted:

You have the unique opportunity to start an open dialog, assuage any misgivings we might have, and have yet to definitely answer any questions. A lack of definitive response is one of the reasons some people here are skeptical toward SC/SQ42, and you're not helping to put the project in a good light.

How much are you in for, commando?

EDIT (8 hours later): I've been had.

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 26, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

TheLightPurges posted:

Lol

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You are getting baited hard. :negative:

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

In a sane universe that live stream should have kill star citizen right then and there. The main man himself had obviously not played the game and spent a good time making GBS threads on his team to the entire internet. Praise in public and all that.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Dementropy posted:

You have the unique opportunity to start an open dialog, assuage any misgivings we might have, and have yet to definitely answer any questions. A lack of definitive response is one of the reasons some people here are skeptical toward SC/SQ42, and you're not helping to put the project in a good light.

How much are you in for, commando?

I think most citizens will be perfectly happy if you never play the game. But I, and several others, think this community can be redeemed somewhat. We don't need to prove ourselves to you, but you need to prove yourselves to us if you wish to be a part of this community. Its really not too late.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

MeLKoR posted:

Nice meltdown. Do you have a note saying, 'everyone's seen this guys nutsack'?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

TheLightPurges posted:

I think most citizens will be perfectly happy if you never play the game. But I, and several others, think this community can be redeemed somewhat. We don't need to prove ourselves to you, but you need to prove yourselves to us if you wish to be a part of this community. Its really not too late.

loving LOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

MeLKoR posted:

Don't you like it when a new troll enters the ring?

• Locked thread