Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

I am sorta reminded of a time I went on Reddit during the "Oscars so white" backlash. A nobody director who hadn't made a movie in 15 years but happened to be black said he didn't have a problem with how white the oscars were, and this thread got like 7000 upvotes. I guess a lot of people on Reddit must have really valued this dude's body of work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
"Woke Minority Who Speaks Out Against Their Own Equality Movement" is practically an advice animal meme on imgur.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Thinky Whale posted:

Just get that Harlequin to repent already.

:golfclap:

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

but is it ok to take medication

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

I like this one because even though it is technically true, what does it loving matter? It's taking the position of "Wake up, Sheeple and learn the truth of our dependence on clocks!"
It's not as if time will stop passing for you if you stop using clocks. The whole thing dumbfounds me because I can't really think of a single negative that comes from knowing what the exact time is (or at least the time according to the Global Clock Conspiracy).

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
That idiot coworker of a friend I posted a few pages (the one who claims racism is over / everyone is equal because of JFK/MLK/The Constitution) made me laugh out loud again this weekend. Turns out she's just a loving moron.

Also double IOSM because of my friend's stupid loving tshirt purchase.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

No, time definitely exists. Otherwise the second law of thermodynamics doesn't work properly.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

I'm pretty sure we've been slaves to time since the first organism died of old age.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

fullroundaction posted:

That idiot coworker of a friend I posted a few pages (the one who claims racism is over / everyone is equal because of JFK/MLK/The Constitution) made me laugh out loud again this weekend. Turns out she's just a loving moron.

Also double IOSM because of my friend's stupid loving tshirt purchase.

This is stretching the definition of "hero" to the point that it doesn't mean anything.

Why is a baby your hero? What heroic qualities can an infant possibly demonstrate?

Disregard, I am a complete idiot, apparently.

Puppy Time has a new favorite as of 22:22 on Sep 26, 2016

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Hardcordion posted:

I'm pretty sure we've been slaves to time since the first organism died of old age.

We've always been slaves to time, but being a slave to clock time goes back to the industrial revolution at most.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

King of Foolians posted:

I like this one because even though it is technically true, what does it loving matter? It's taking the position of "Wake up, Sheeple and learn the truth of our dependence on clocks!"
It's not as if time will stop passing for you if you stop using clocks. The whole thing dumbfounds me because I can't really think of a single negative that comes from knowing what the exact time is (or at least the time according to the Global Clock Conspiracy).

A friend in my feed posted that image, and from their comments, it seems like they interpreted it as "Don't fret about trying to make every second of your life productive, it's fine to take things at a leisurely pace sometimes".

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Oh I'm sorry I didn't recognize you, in that case, it's not so much as I'm against Social Justice, so much as that it can get very frustrating operating in social justice circles when a lot of the time it seems people are more interested in just being morally superior to others than actually furthering the goals of our respective movements, as in sharing articles or memes rather than holding meetings, events or actually doing things in real life

Yeah, that can be draining, irritating and even sometimes mean that you have to endure hostility from people around you, but ultimately victory is achieved just as much from small victories such as changing one persons opinion on things over and over as large legislative victories, at least when it comes to small societies like mine.

Not wanting to put effort into things all the time is understandable, but acting like it's not understandable weakness but some kinda moral position is something I find very irritating.

Edit: also why ghost
But seriously, has anyone ever gone home after being told to google anything, read through it and then been like "oh yes, I will now amend my ways because I read a thing on the internet!"

Setting aside the fact that googling poo poo nowadays you're just as likely to pick up terrible echo-chamber garbage, you convince people by talking to them like human beings and trying to appeal to their emotions much more than with ~great articles~, especially if they don't even have a basis to judge the subject

That is if by the time they reach a computer, they haven't just forgotten it. Or they could read about it in their smartphones I suppose?

[theory] she Wants To Cheat

My previous post on AR uncovered the root of female behavior and the expected behavior of Men. Of course, the root isn't a point-mass, it's a jumbled mess of hypergamy, solipsism, narcissism, Machiavelianism, and psychopathy, but it is safe to say that "bored" concisely summarizes and encompasses all of those traits into one nice, convenient, menstruating package.

Now, let's look at female strategy. Put simply, they have no long-term strategy. girls love opportunistically. They will do whatever makes them feel good in the moment. As such, girls can be dangerous creatures and the majority of them are on a path to self-destruction that cannot be shifted, no matter how much love, effort, sex, money, freedom, comfort, support, validation, and attention anyone affords them.

feminism is a sickness that has caused them to become needlessly confused, contradictory, confrontative, and hostile. And unfortunately, they have been indoctrinated beyond any hope of recovery and don't even realize it. Should they be made aware of this, they can only shift into victim mentality and as such cannot be held accountable for their own actions.

The days of calling them out on their behavior and shame affecting them have come to an unfortunate end. she's going to do whatever the hell she wants and gently caress Me if I stand in the way or even think of objecting.

The Decline isn't coming. It's already here. It's been here since the dawn of time and it can never be reversed. Enjoy it.

The only path for a Man's life is MGTOW. As a Man, You must do whatever it takes to focus on Yourself and only Yourself as the number one priority in Your life and to hell with anyone that disagrees. Some people think it's a temporary phase. It isn't. MGTOW is a lifetime commitment.

But MGTOW isn't as bad as some make it out to be. It doesn't have to be a lifetime of laziness and self-indulgence. It is Male Liberation. Our time has come, gentlemen. Embrace it.

Nevertheless, some MGTOW still want to stick their dick in crazy. All girls are at least a 4 crazy, so take Your pick.

sluts are a risky venture, like putting 3 bullets marked "false accusations" and 2 marked "STDs" into a revolver, pointing it at Your head, and pulling the trigger.

girls hookers, however, are great for that. But You still have to have game to bang girls prostitutes. It's better for the both of You because girls harlots love being plowed and disavowed, a.k.a. Jack Sparrow'd.

girls love sex, but they never want sex. girls have sex. It is hers to give to whoever will stoop down to her and regard her as worthy enough to accept her "gift."

And unfortunately, even though sex is the only value they have, all girls concubines are just a tiiiiiiny bit more than just a collection of warm, wet fuckholes. They come with brains (note I didn't say "minds"), voices, crocodile tears, attitudes, bullshit, batshit, and "standards." It would be lovely if they didn't, but that's a reality we must begrudgingly accept.

It is often said that girls are good at trickery and manipulation. girls are not good at trickery and manipulation. girls are terrible at trickery and manipulation because the lies that girls tell in their vain attempts at hamstering are terrible things, believed by far too many people. girls are not good liars. girls are terrible liars.

they fake emotions, they fake orgasms, they fake interest, they fake loyalty, and they fake their lifestyles. they are frauds through and through, right down to the bone.

What is it that frauds do? Your immediate response to that question is probably that they lie, but it is much more than that. Fraud is the wrongful or criminal act of deception to result in financial or personal gain. Fraud is not just a sentence or a paragraph. It's an entire book. In this book are not just lies, but half-truths, trickle truths, metaphors, humor, satire, limericks, and even truths. Fraud is much, much bigger than a single lie on its own.

And it's almost always so transparent. All it takes is the smallest bit of skepticism to see right through it. The suspension of disbelief that people will entertain in order to maintain the false narrative that they are all just perfect little angels is often staggering.

Hence, girls differ from Men in the way they defraud. girls do not lie. Just ask them. Just try to prove it. Just try to show it. Truth tables, Venn diagrams, neural networks, and all the surveillance footage in the world won't prove a drat thing to her and will only lead to a wild goose chase. Even if You do get her to admit it, she will always attempt to justify it and the majority of people will take her side.

In the end, what will You achieve, sexually? Not as much as You could, and with a lot of wasted effort.

Just look at what is happening with hitlery klanton right now. The evidence of her criminality just will not stop rolling in, she's in complete denial, and the cucks of the US government and the media are more than happy to attempt to cover it all up and deny any falsehoods she may have ever said in her life. And while they are becoming a minority, a disturbing number of people with no critical thinking skills are eating it all up.

Nevertheless, Donald Trump and his supporters are not letting up and want to see her brought to justice (or so they say). Perjury is a very serious accusation, as Bubba knows, and that's just one of the things being brought the table. It will be interesting to see how things pan out in the end.

As usual, something is being overlooked by the majority of witnesses to this catastrophe.

hitlery is not lying.

hitlery is cheating.

hitlery is cheating people out of their right to know the truth.

hitlery has cheated taxpayers out of their money (she didn't steal, no!)

hitlery has cheated the US of national security (treason, what does that even mean?)

hitlery has cheated 4 American Diplomats out of their lives (didn't count, pffft.)

hitlery has cheated the public of Objective news and views (positive thoughts; we don't think about those things!)

And it is possible that hitlery will cheat voters of the election (and she will still somehow be a victim.)

AWALT: All girls Want To Cheat.

Rules mean nothing to her, especially when they aren't enforced. Especially especially when she is being actively encouraged to break the rules.

she wants to cheat You of Your birthright: to pump, dump, and deadbeat as many hot girls as possible.

she wants to cheat You of Your victories and accomplishments, stealing credit whenever possible.

she wants to cheat You of Your time, money, and attention, taking as much as You are willing to give.

she wants to cheat You of Your favors, never to reward You for Your deeds.

she wants to cheat You of Your livelihood; Your career is just another rung on her ladder.

she wants to cheat You of Your fame and status; "it's all about meeeee."

she wants to cheat on You.

she wants to cheat with You.

You will never be the only one.

And she will always find a way.

her instincts will never change.

Just as it is with her lies, it is far more beneficial to You to be aware of her cheating ways and either indulge them or do nothing, rather than to waste energy trying to prevent her from doing it or validating her bad decisions.

Don't bother shaming her for it. Nor should you tell her it is acceptable behavior. It is what it is, and she just might bend (maybe even break) the rules for You.

she will always be seeking out the opportunity to execute this strategy because it is the only one that really works for her. Thinking is too haaaaaaard for her (and it's boring, which means it is for You to do). All it takes is plausible deniability.

IOIs are therefore signals of an interest in cheating with You. In a sexual transaction, it is a given that at least one person is going to get laid and at least one person is going to get screwed. Maybe You, maybe her, maybe someone else.

The days of relationships of any kind are over. Forget about girlfriends and wives. If she wants that with You, it is up to her to offer. It is time for Men to stop seeking them out.

But fret not.

she doesn't need a reason; she wants to cheat because it's hot.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The post we deserve.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Puppy Time posted:

This is stretching the definition of "hero" to the point that it doesn't mean anything.

Why is a baby your hero? What heroic qualities can an infant possibly demonstrate?

From the post, I'd say hanging onto life after being born very prematurely and in bad condition.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Puppy Time posted:

I'm guessing it's the same thing as calling cancer survivors heroes. The commenter is a dick.

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!

Everything this guy posts is like this. He's the living embodiment of r/iamverysmart.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

china bot posted:

posted by a 61 year old woman, a friend of my parents who misspelled her own name when setting up her Facebook profile

same woman just posted this:

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

china bot posted:

Pounded In The Angel Butt By A Wolf Ghost

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

King of Foolians posted:

Well you see if time doesn't exist then it doesn't matter when i show up for work school! gently caress YOU MOM I DO WHAT I WANT.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
How exactly is it technically true? Obviously the units by which we measure it are a construct, but there's very clearly something that separates objects and events even when they occupy the same place in space.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

china bot posted:

That wolf is like "There's a titty-angel here RIGHT NOW!"

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

china bot posted:

Cats can, because they're the only creatures (other than witches and sages) that can see into Purgatorio from Mundus.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Kajeesus posted:

How exactly is it technically true? Obviously the units by which we measure it are a construct, but there's very clearly something that separates objects and events even when they occupy the same place in space.

I'm sorry officer, but I think you'll find that speed doesn't exist :smuggo:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Data Graham posted:

I'm sorry officer, but I think you'll find that speed doesn't exist :smuggo:

Miles per what? "Hour?" Sorry officer sheep, I track my time by the ancient metric of how long it's been since I last pooped and by my estimation I'm well under your "limit," so please back off- Help! His Admiralty fist is forcibly creating joinder with my free jaw!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Inco posted:

Cats can, because they're the only creatures (other than witches and sages) that can see into Purgatorio from Mundus.

What an interesting Bayonetta spinoff!

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Kajeesus posted:

It is technically true that what we usually call "time" is a measure of Earth's rotation split into convenient sub-sections. I don't think that "...therefore time doesn't exist" is true though. The whole thing still confuses the gently caress out of me.

You might as well say "Gravity doesn't exist, objects falling when you drop them exist. Gravity is just an agreed upon construct. While it has its uses we have been programmed to live our lives by this construct as if it were real. We have confused our shared construct with something that is tangible and thus have become its slave."
I can see how someone would interpret this as a message to take time to enjoy life and not be rushed by the clock but it's including words like "programmed" and "slave" that push this into conspiracy theory territory.

Edit: ...and I just checked out 'anonews'. It's all idiotic conspiracy crap so I will spend no more brain cells trying to make sense of their stupid meme.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

We've always been slaves to time, but being a slave to clock time goes back to the industrial revolution at most.

Or further back...

quote:

For thousands of years, devices have been used to measure and keep track of time. The current sexagesimal system of time measurement dates to approximately 2000 BCE from the Sumerians.

The Ancient Egyptians divided the day into two 12-hour periods, and used large obelisks to track the movement of the sun. They also developed water clocks, which were probably first used in the Precinct of Amun-Re, and later outside Egypt as well; they were employed frequently by the Ancient Greeks, who called them clepsydrae. The Zhou dynasty is believed to have used the outflow water clock around the same time, devices which were introduced from Mesopotamia as early as 2000 BCE.

Other ancient timekeeping devices include the candle clock, used in ancient China, ancient Japan, England and Mesopotamia; the timestick, widely used in India and Tibet, as well as some parts of Europe; and the hourglass, which functioned similarly to a water clock. The sundial, another early clock, relies on shadows to provide a good estimate of the hour on a sunny day. It is not so useful in cloudy weather or at night and requires recalibration as the seasons change (if the gnomon was not aligned with the Earth's axis).

The earliest known clock with a water-powered escapement mechanism, which transferred rotational energy into intermittent motions,[1] dates back to 3rd century BCE in ancient Greece;[2] Chinese engineers later invented clocks incorporating mercury-powered escapement mechanisms in the 10th century,[3] followed by Iranian engineers inventing water clocks driven by gears and weights in the 11th century.[4]

The first mechanical clocks, employing the verge escapement mechanism with a foliot or balance wheel timekeeper, were invented in Europe at around the start of the 14th century, and became the standard timekeeping device until the pendulum clock was invented in 1656. The invention of the mainspring in the early 15th century allowed portable clocks to be built, evolving into the first pocketwatches by the 17th century, but these were not very accurate until the balance spring was added to the balance wheel in the mid 17th century.

The pendulum clock remained the most accurate timekeeper until the 1930s, when quartz oscillators were invented, followed by atomic clocks after World War 2. Although initially limited to laboratories, the development of microelectronics in the 1960s made quartz clocks both compact and cheap to produce, and by the 1980s they became the world's dominant timekeeping technology in both clocks and wristwatches.

Atomic clocks are far more accurate than any previous timekeeping device, and are used to calibrate other clocks and to calculate the International Atomic Time; a standardized civil system, Coordinated Universal Time, is based on atomic time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_timekeeping_devices

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

This was directed to a friend of mine in a post about the riots in North Carolina. ~*racism is dead*~

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Practical Demon posted:

From the post, I'd say hanging onto life after being born very prematurely and in bad condition.

Terrible Opinions posted:

I'm guessing it's the same thing as calling cancer survivors heroes. The commenter is a dick.

Oh, geez, I didn't even consider that as an option because of the context and because I was under the impression that the majority of people were aware that premature babies are a thing. Now I'm just confused why we're raising awareness about it. (Not that I'm going to argue against it.)

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

King of Foolians posted:

It is technically true that what we usually call "time" is a measure of Earth's rotation split into convenient sub-sections. I don't think that "...therefore time doesn't exist" is true though. The whole thing still confuses the gently caress out of me.

Are you seriously going to fishmech out over the semantic difference between "generally accepted units of measuring time" and "the passage of time as a natural phenomenon"? "What we usually call 'time'" is something to do with thermodynamics and increasing entropy, and "how we measure time" is counting orbits around the sun, etc. Is that sufficiently accurate for you?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://www.facebook.com/duggarfamilyofficial/photos/a.518180528315601.1073741828.510067475793573/895876437212673/?type=3&theater

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Aside from just "lol duggars" I don't get it.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Lottery of Babylon posted:

IOIs are therefore signals of an interest in cheating with You. In a sexual transaction, it is a given that at least one person is going to get laid and at least one person is going to get screwed. Maybe You, maybe her, maybe someone else.
lol ain't gonna read the whole thing but this leapt out especially

This is just so emblematic of the unhealthy ideas those dudes have about sexuality

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

RatHat posted:

Aside from just "lol duggars" I don't get it.

I think he sexually abused her

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/mlong5000/status/780523909816913920

I mean, it's not as if PTSD is a common occurrence amongst rape survivors, you know?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This is accurate up to the point where it mentions quartz oscillators. Piezoelectric watches using quartz were a thing for a while, but it wasn't until I think the 1960s that Seiko made them viable. It also hosed up the famous Swiss watch industry, since now they had to find a way to define themselves other than advertising based on precision. Super-precise mechanical watches stopped mattering when you could get something as good or better for a fraction of the cost with quartz.

Either way, I'd think the "only been slaves to the clock since the Industrial Revolution" thing is more referring to how common reliable timekeeping became. Ancient civilizations certainly had timekeeping methods that could achieve surprisingly good precision, but most people didn't actually base their days or lives on anything more stringent than morning, noon, evening, and night. Hourglasses and water clocks let you measure a length of time, but you can't get everyone to agree on exactly when 11:15 AM is. It was only relatively recently in human history that most people were able to reliably track time to the second and thus be able to schedule their lives with precision.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

TinTower posted:

I mean, it's not as if PTSD is a common occurrence amongst rape survivors, you know?

Don't you understand? People who've had traumatic experiences and are in the process of recovery don't really exist; anyone asking for a trigger warning is actually just a special precious snowflake crybaby millennial who can't bear to hear different opinions because the ~real world~ scares them too badly!

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

TinTower posted:

You know how Pavlov got dogs to salivate when ringing a bell?

This is basically that but with snide comments and a word. Also no dogs because dogs are too good to be that kind of douche.

ETA: If dogs were IOSM they would be the people who post "AMEN!" to all those spam statuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Hot from the "outright lies" section of Facebook. Public page, no need to hide names.