Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

triple sulk posted:

if people want this idiot in office so bad i'm just gonna get to laugh at their horrible misfortune as they don't get better jobs because they voted for a fascist orange baby

I bet youre going to find it hilarious when he cuts off their public assistance and privatizes the va

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

if trump wins this year will be the ultimate indictment of anglophone cultures worldwide

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
MSNBC basically set up a tailgate party / ESPN College Gameday thing for the debate and I cannot deal with this right now

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

triple sulk posted:

if people want this idiot in office so bad i'm just gonna get to laugh at their horrible misfortune as they don't get better jobs because they voted for a fascist orange baby

I sometimes think this, then I remember I have to live here and I generally also want the lives of people in this country to improve and then I get sad.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

this card going full bingo bingo bongo would make for such a good debate

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Al! posted:

minorities = n/a

They will be

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

skaboomizzy posted:

MSNBC basically set up a tailgate party / ESPN College Gameday thing for the debate and I cannot deal with this right now

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ouhei posted:

There's essentially a 0% chance that he walks off the stage during the debate. That would be taking a definitive loss and there's no way to spin that in any real way. If you stick it out \you can at leas whine about how things were unfair but he stayed anyways since he's so "presidential".

I dunno man. Its Trump. Literally anything could happen.

He could turn out to be a Strain Vampire and shoot his parasite at Clinton

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Post this next to the warnings on the nuclear waste site so that cultures who visit us after we're gone can know why we perished.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
It's over. The country is finished.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Is there a way that the media can lose this election?

I would really like them to have to leave office in January.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Fiction posted:

Its going dangerously close to unskewing but every ORC pool having under 30s n/a'ed in their cross tabs makes me question their LV screen pretty hard

It's not just under 30's. They n/a'd under 50's in their Florida poll and:

https://twitter.com/MarcACaputo/status/780404804254392321

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

skaboomizzy posted:

and hofstra got rid of football years ago

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Also polling to become illegal.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Swedgin posted:

wait, don't the blue states on that map get Hillary to 272?

yeah but it's based on percentages, it says the blue states are more likely to go red than the other way around according to the model which I will do my best to remain skeptical of

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

triple sulk posted:

A hilarious chuckle at the minorities who voted for him at sub 5% and are assuredly gonna get hosed the hardest

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
trump pretty much exists for things like debates with yuuugeee audiences, after putting on his persecution complex mask (":qq:moderators will probably be biased liberals:qq:")

wonder if clinton will do more than just try to policy-nerd her way through the debates.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

yeah but it's based on percentages, it says the blue states are more likely to go red than the other way around according to the model which I will do my best to remain skeptical of

538's house effect thus far has basically been

Trump +1 or more once = safe red
Clinton +5 or more 3-4 times = safe blue

That map awarding Trump EVs from light blue states makes perfect sense for them

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
Ok, I'm still 500 posts behind on the thread, but I wanted to ask - do we have debate bingo/drinking game cards for tonight?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

WampaLord posted:

Post this next to the warnings on the nuclear waste site so that cultures who visit us after we're gone can know why we perished.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: You have a constitutional right to be a dumbass > C-SPAM > The First Presidential Debate: This is Not a Place of Honor

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

it really is a gameday tailgate party at this point, cheerleaders and all

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

fwiw not that it's any surprise but i was in ny this weekend to see friends who live there and one of them (who knows many people!) said no one there likes trump. not that it wasn't obvious but nyc loving hates him

Al! posted:

I bet youre going to find it hilarious when he cuts off their public assistance and privatizes the va

good, who gives a gently caress. shouldn't have voted for him

Ouhei posted:

I sometimes think this, then I remember I have to live here and I generally also want the lives of people in this country to improve and then I get sad.

the best you can do is vote, really. not your fault if other idiots can't make informed decisions

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

as population and productivity increase, cycles of power and decadence accelerate as well

america will be the victim of its hubris, if not now then soon

sic semper imperia

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Suggestion. The Arzy Krew get a new tower:

:derp: Arzy Krew :derp:
2016 Race Realists

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Huh, Selzer and Q both had decent samples [71/11/10 & 72/28] on the national polls. Possibly even a bit permissive.

I have no idea how Trump is winning white voters by 4 [4!!!!!!] points in Colorado and still taking the state.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Perfectly Safe posted:

Ok, I'm still 500 posts behind on the thread, but I wanted to ask - do we have debate bingo/drinking game cards for tonight?

http://bingo.baloogan.com

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mannerup posted:

it really is a gameday tailgate party at this point, cheerleaders and all

Okay, I've changed my mind. We deserve Trump.

I'm getting loving wasted tonight.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

lorn Wayne posted:

trump pretty much exists for things like debates with yuuugeee audiences, after putting on his persecution complex mask (":qq:moderators will probably be biased liberals:qq:")

wonder if clinton will do more than just try to policy-nerd her way through the debates.

part of her strategy apparently involves making trump uncomfortable or annoyed so hard that he drops his boys'-bands-and-monorails selling mien and looks like a fat spoiled baby

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

This is unskewing but gently caress it, that CNN/ORC poll of Colorado should be a bloodbath. A republican cannot win white voters by 4 in that state and be winning. That implies he's going 60/40 with non white voters.

e: Response rattteess! :argh:

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

also hofstra should call themselves the flying dutchmen again what's so offensive about that

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Suggestion. The Arzy Krew get a new tower:

:derp: Arzy Krew :derp:
2016 Race Realists

instead of that if they have plat their grenades should be replaced with :derp: imo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
check the debate thread op for info and rules about the contest!

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

brocretin posted:

if trump wins this year will be the ultimate indictment of anglophone cultures worldwide

we have become weak and decadent

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Someone do that momento "do not believe his lies" for nate

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

IO's bold predictions for the debate.

-Hillary is going to lay low, probe Trump to see how he responds.
-Trump is going to be very subdued, think Mexico visit.
-Hillary is going to be policy focus, taking tiny jabs at Trump using facts and their plans compared
-Trump will eventually try to haymaker Hillary, and fails.

and all downhill from there.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

instead of that if they have plat their grenades should be replaced with :derp: imo

seconded

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Al! posted:

Nate is counting on putting on his hat and trenchcoat and sneaking out the back with a briefcase full of money when everyone is too relieved by a trump loss to notice

Nate's basically playing for his next job at this point, I can't see ESPN keeping fivethirtyeight past this election. It doesn't bring nearly enough traffic, and only started up because Bill Simmons wanted it.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Also some not as terrible news:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/780406363583197184

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

you can buy your way out of a shameful gangtag but your stuck w that nade unless you get banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

AM Trump QUOTEs of the DAY!

quote:

Woody Guthrie, a tenant of Mr. Trump’s Beach Haven apartments, wrote in 1950, “I suppose/ Old Man Trump knows/ Just how much/ Racial Hate/ he stirred up/ In the bloodpot of human hearts.”)

Trump's eulogy to his father at his funeral

quote:

“My father taught me everything I know. And he would understand what I’m about to say,” Mr. Trump announced to the room. “I’m developing a great building on Riverside Boulevard called Trump Place. It’s a wonderful project.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/13/us/politics/fred-donald-trump-father.html

Fake Edit; Extra lol

quote:

One time some of Donald Trump’s friends were vexed why his wealthy father would not buy his son a new baseball glove. Mr. Trump said it was because his father suspected him, correctly, of playing dumb about the price of the mitt he wanted, and of trying to get the salesman to go along with it.

• Locked thread