Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Necc0 posted:

ffs DO NOT DEPOSIT ANY MONEY YOU ARENT WILLING TO WATCH VANISH BEFORE YOUR EYES

Don't listen to this guy. Hit up your local loan shark immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Don't listen to this guy. Hit up your local loan shark immediately.

thats what I did and now I'm as rich as TRUMP thanks to predictit

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

I should have known better.
I'm really tempted to make a big bet on Most Watched Debate NO - Everyone is touting viewership numbers but I really believe they'll be skewed due to percentage of people watching in non-trackable ways like streaming online. The absolute record of 80 million was set in the 80s when there was literally no other way to watch the debates other than TV.

At the same time....

Necc0 posted:

ffs DO NOT DEPOSIT ANY MONEY YOU ARENT WILLING TO WATCH VANISH BEFORE YOUR EYES

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's not like that. I damaged my credit card proper and I ordered a replacement card but in the mean time I'm card-less.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

It's not like that. I damaged my credit card proper and I ordered a replacement card but in the mean time I'm card-less.

sir, this is a mcdonalds drivethru

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The price of biggest debate No is at 30c now, so now really is the time if you've got spare predictit bux that you are willing to risk.

The hype reminds me of bidenrun, tons of media speculation without much of a core. I maxed No.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Vox Nihili posted:

The price of biggest debate No is at 30c now, so now really is the time if you've got spare predictit bux that you are willing to risk.

The hype reminds me of bidenrun, tons of media speculation without much of a core. I maxed No.

Is there a time when they're going to close the market? I can't stay up all night waiting for Nielsen to reveal figures.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

EngineerSean posted:

Is there a time when they're going to close the market? I can't stay up all night waiting for Nielsen to reveal figures.

"PredictIt may suspend trading in this market after conclusion of the debate and prior to publication of the settlement data."

Sounds like it will stay open while the debate is going on, anyway.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Vox Nihili posted:

"PredictIt may suspend trading in this market after conclusion of the debate and prior to publication of the settlement data."

Sounds like it will stay open while the debate is going on, anyway.

That's fine with me, maybe I'll just close out positions five minutes from the end to make sure.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Joining the No army on biggest debate ever. Hard to not convince myself to max out but I'm sitting at $200 right now.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

kaishek posted:

I'm really tempted to make a big bet on Most Watched Debate NO - Everyone is touting viewership numbers but I really believe they'll be skewed due to percentage of people watching in non-trackable ways like streaming online. The absolute record of 80 million was set in the 80s when there was literally no other way to watch the debates other than TV.

At the same time....

Yeah, this article written in February takes Nielsen to task for not adapting with the times for their measurements. http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/03/business/media/nielsen-playing-catch-up-as-tv-viewing-habits-change-and-digital-rivals-spring-up.html?_r=0

TheDeadFlagBlues
Sep 26, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Trumptards going all-in on ME-2; Republican NO is currently worth 28 cents. I highly recommend snapping this up considering that all ME-2 polls are either junk polls conducted by drooling idiots or small-sample crosstabs.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

TheDeadFlagBlues posted:

Trumptards going all-in on ME-2; Republican NO is currently worth 28 cents. I highly recommend snapping this up considering that all ME-2 polls are either junk polls conducted by drooling idiots or small-sample crosstabs.

I managed to get Republican.YES for 55 a couple weeks ago but I think you're right and will sell for now (not buying the other side though).

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

TheDeadFlagBlues posted:

28 cents is probably oversold, but for the reasons I said a few weeks ago Trump will win ME-2. I've missed out on oversold bounces but I don't like to be on the wrong side of what I think will actually happen.

But the Trumptards are insufferable. It's unbelievable that you can still buy into Clinton not dropping out by the 30th for 95 cents on September 26th. I am lukewarm at best on Hillary, but the idea that a woman who has been running for president for the last 25 years is anything less than tough as steel and can't hold on for the next 6 weeks, say nothing of the next 4 days is crazy talk.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was going to put some small money on debate rating NO, but predictit filled all my open buys to various Hillary wins. You guys ain't kidding Hillary stock will trend low before the debate.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Reminder: most debate contracts will suspend before the debate begins, so keep an eye out for this if you don't want to be holding when it starts!

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Looks like Birther market is back down to about 60c NOs, if anyone still wants in before the debate.

Far from a sure thing, but the rules actually require "birther" or some variant, so it seems pretty unlikely.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I dunno man, 90min is a long time for two people, one of whom slurs random drivel for sport. I'd buy YES in everything to cover my bases

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

theflyingexecutive posted:

I dunno man, 90min is a long time for two people, one of whom slurs random drivel for sport. I'd buy YES in everything to cover my bases

Has to be a questioner, doesn't count from the candidates.

The only mention market that counts for the candidates is "Crooked Hillary" I believe.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vox Nihili posted:

The only mention market that counts for the candidates is "Crooked Hillary" I believe.

Yup; this came up with the “Platonic gamble on a Platonic coin”.

Sanders mentioned the coin‐flip, but the moderator did not. Resolved NO.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

ah, the reverse my option and also ignore it because I'm not touching it at all

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Auuugh I waited to late to buy No on the alt-right mention market and now i can't even get shares at 80c!!!

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Is there a working promo code? WWTD25 is not validating.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Soooo this debate is loving amazing. Good luck fellow "not most watched" buddies

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Is the US Election market actually closed? I keep seeing 0 shares available even though it says open. This page specifically: https://www.predictit.org/Market/1234/Who-will-win-the-2016-US-presidential-election

Zeta Taskforce
Jun 27, 2002

a cop posted:

Soooo this debate is loving amazing. Good luck fellow "not most watched" buddies

Good luck with that. You guys have a way stronger stomach than I do

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Just for the record I put some money on "not most watched." Thanks political gambling goons(?)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

a cop posted:

I bailed a few hours ago and took a $1.00 hit. Oh well, I'll still make 30 cents on the debate happening.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Birther No gets away by the skin of its loving teeth.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

Made my heart skip, but yeah, figured Holt wouldn't actually say it. Now, let's see if we can thread the Bengazi needle. I think we moved past Libya just now, so fingers crossed. Gotta have some wins to offset Ratings NO.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

e: THIS WAS THE WRONG THREAD!!!!

Trash Trick has issued a correction as of 03:26 on Sep 27, 2016

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
So, was that another set of straight NOs on debate questions?

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Betfair Hillary.Pres went from -175 to -225 in 90 minutes

what'd PredictIt do

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

So, was that another set of straight NOs on debate questions?

I think so.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Adar posted:

what'd PredictIt do

Predictit swung toward Hillary a bit it looks like.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Adar posted:

what'd PredictIt do

.60 to .69, in that neighborhood.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vox Nihili posted:

:smugdog:

I got my revenge for the platonic coin.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

How likely is Nielsen to give a number tonight?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Only a million on the youtube huh? I feel pretty good about less than 80 mill now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Only question is whether I'm up $100 or $2400 tonight.

• Locked thread