Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Dave posted:

As long as we get Rocket making fun of how unintelligent Stark is.

Oh yes, he's going never ever stop insulting Tony's technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I want Rocket and Groot discovering the joy and glory that is Chicago-style pizza.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
making GBS threads on it and throwing it in a trash can is all I can think of, it's too soupy to light on fire.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
There is no such thing as Chicago style pizza.

There is only Pizza Casserole.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

In Minnesota they call that pizza hot dish and it has tater tots on top.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

This always makes me think of an episode of the old ninja turtles cartoon where they had deep dish pizza that was literally a pot full of melted cheese and pepperonis

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Guys, guys, guys. The real enemy here is thin crust.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Guys, guys, guys. The real enemy here is thin crust.

False.

Chicago Style and Rhode Island Style Pizza are abominations unto the culinary lord.

Look at what Rhode Islanders call pizza. Gaze into the abyss.

Look at it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I submit, rocky rococco in the defense of Chicago style. Maybe not authentic, but truly a pizza to enjoy.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

False.

Chicago Style and Rhode Island Style Pizza are abominations unto the culinary lord.

Look at it.

It's missing a full 1/3 of the essential pizza ingredients. :wtc:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
In Mother Russia, pizza crust thins you.

Speaking of, I am kinda excited for Russian superhero movie The Guardians. I don't even know if that is based on a comic book, but it should be. I'd read it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It's missing a full 1/3 of the essential pizza ingredients. :wtc:

It's blasphemy. White Pizza is not pizza either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

False.

Look at it.

Is that not a common thing?

I mean here we don't consider it real pizza, but every deli and grocery store sells it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
as an italian-american, it sickens me to my core. I can feel the anger of my ancestors descending upon Rhode Island.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That tomato bread is like a staple of cold buffets.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

False.

Look at it.

What the gently caress is a Rhode Island?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Rhyno posted:

What the gently caress is a Rhode Island?

A place full of lovely beaches and pizza that is inhabited by tons of old Catholics who insist that beaches full of stones instead of sand and pizza that is a long rectangle with no cheese are actually the best kind of beaches / pizza and "you just don't get it."

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Grendels Dad posted:

Speaking of, I am kinda excited for Russian superhero movie The Guardians. I don't even know if that is based on a comic book, but it should be. I'd read it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Is it weird that I don't think that this looks that bad? A bit boring maybe, but not bad. Usually, when you have a nationality-themed team, you get Alpha Flight.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

False.

Look at it.

They just had to choose the most boring shape for it, too.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Fuckin' grade school PTSD time. They would hype Pizza Day for weeks. They made your parents send you in with $5 to pay for it. They plastered the hallways with posters featuring delicious looking pizzas. And then? This. Fuckin' this. Without fail. Fuckin' cold tomato sauce dumped on stale Wonder Bread.

An education in disappointment.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Grendels Dad posted:

Is it weird that I don't think that this looks that bad? A bit boring maybe, but not bad. Usually, when you have a nationality-themed team, you get Alpha Flight.

It's pretty bad. Looks like one of those "Draw like Liefeld" assignments.

Also, god no. No food derails. I take it back. I'd rather read more pages about Batman killing people than pizza debates.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

False.

Look at it.

Eh I bet St. Louis Pizza is worse; glad I live in a region with underrated pizza

Anyway Sam Neill is in Thor Ragnarok and this movie is basically being made for me

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I submit that all pizza is good

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

Eh I bet St. Louis Pizza is worse; glad I live in a region with underrated pizza

Anyway Sam Neill is in Thor Ragnarok and this movie is basically being made for me
Nah, St. Louis pizza is weird, but fine. That thing's an abomination.

Old Forge pizza might be the worst, though, still. Who the gently caress thinks American cheese is appropriate on pizza? No cheese is better. Look at this:

No, that's not from a school cafeteria. That's what they serve in restaurants in northeast PA. It comes in trays.

Chicago pizza owns, it's just not pizza.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
The best pizza is whatever pizza is served by the Sandra Bullock doppelganger just down the road.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 26, 2016

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Grendels Dad posted:

And? :colbert:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

BiggerBoat posted:

Also, god no. No food derails. I take it back. I'd rather read more pages about Batman killing people than pizza debates.
What if Batman is the Herman Cain of the DCU, financing his fascist politics with fifth-rate pizza?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

I did not mean the art, I meant the lineup. Sure, you got Kapitan Russia and a bear, but apart from that it's just weird people, not like, people whose costume is a giant Vodka bottle.

I love that goofy-rear end team (mostly for Puck) but as a representation of Canada it is kinda bad (mostly for Puck).

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I was going to post a spicy memed video of a GTA4 Mod of Spider-man delivering pizza to people via pizza truck with voice lines from the SM2 videogame adaption.

But if you youtube Spider-man Pizza you open up some kind of finger family hellgate so I have failed New York

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Thin pizza is an abomination. Is that Chicago or New York? I can never remember, but that's the bad one. It's like strips of cardboard.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Neither.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

Thin pizza is an abomination. Is that Chicago or New York? I can never remember, but that's the bad one. It's like strips of cardboard.
Thin doesn't describe either of those.

Chicago is like a casserole and New York is to be eaten with a fork and knife.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Sep 26, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

New York is Ninja Turtles pizza.

Which was also a comic book which has had movies about it. I'm on topic.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

redbackground posted:

Thin doesn't describe either of those.

Chicago is like a casserole and New York is to be eaten with a fork.

According to Google, I'm talking about New York. It's just so...flat. Chicago certainly goes far in the other extreme, but it's still pretty good.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

NY Style pizza is what most people would consider "normal" pizza.

- Hand tossed
- Thin inner bread
- Mozzarella cheese
- Larger fluffier crust
- Circular and usually wider; cut into 8 slices and designed to be folded in half
- Heavier on cheese and lighter on sauce

Thin Crust is different from NY style in that it is usually crispier, not necessarily circular, doesn't have the larger and fluffier end crusts, and can't be folded.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I can think of few pizzas I have not enjoyed. Old Forge is one of them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Chain pizza is the devil but none is worse than Noble Romans.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't understand the desire for a slice of pizza too big to even carry on a paper plate. Just sell me two smaller pieces for the same price. Come on, you've got your Bat-Pizza-Cutter right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

WickedHate posted:

According to Google, I'm talking about New York. It's just so...flat.
That's what makes it fun to fold in half! You're probably thinking something thin'n'crispy like California Pizza Kitchen or some poo poo.

• Locked thread