Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Schnorkles posted:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/780418502763118596

This remains an interesting sidenote to this entire affair.

The Clinton campaign certainly isn't acting like its close in Maine, Colorado, or Wisconsin.

I reckon their internal polling must be telling them something different and they are feeling more confident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Montasque posted:

Those Gary Johnson numbers are either going to HRC in most swing states or staying home, regardless there is still a lot doing in this election so stay calm.

well. that is the conventional wisdom. haha

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Montasque posted:

Dear Shook ones:

Look at the poll numbers - both DJT and HRC are in the low to mid 40s.

Those Gary Johnson numbers are either going to HRC in most swing states or staying home, regardless there is still a lot doing in this election so stay calm.

If Trump starts punching into the 48s plus in states like PA, CO, ect... Then panic.

I'm sorry, you're unskewing. :byodood:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
trump is the mother loving answer to every problem

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/780423686226489345

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

motherfucking piece of poo poo, all last week I worked to set it up so I wouldnt have to work through tonight and now they call and change everything so I might have to miss the debate. gently caress this gay earth

I have a work meeting in the rear end end of Tennessee today. My flight home follows a layover in Atlanta and takes off at 8:55pm EST. I'm loving pissed

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if trump wins mike pence is gonna appoint two supreme court judges lol

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

dr. sexcake please don't let trump take my obamacare meds away i need them. thanks dr. sexcake

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Elephanthead posted:

Call in sick of this poo poo.

Im already at work. yay for 14 hour work days :shepicide:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

id buy a rubio cup

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

TheBuilder posted:

I reckon their internal polling must be telling them something different and they are feeling more confident.

You have internal polling and complete demographic breakdowns. Like Plouffe and those types say, the election is primarily about the composition of the electorate on the day of voting. Her internals probably put her in good shape [but remember that Romney's did as well, though its because they all bought into unskewing and a mythical number of hidden republicans] but the likelyhood is that the demographic models they have for colorado, wisconsin and Maine just say "lol not happening."

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol who even knows with this election

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

TheBuilder posted:

yeah, hence the romney comparisons which we're gonna hear a ton in the event of a trump win.

of course we'll probably all burnt out and way past caring by then

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

All of this will be moot when Trump suffers a massive heart attack/aneurysm the week before the election.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

i wish i had an official Jeb! coffee cup still

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/780423902371651584

This is the best Iowa poll Clinton has gotten for like a month and a half :psyduck:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
yo the bingo cards have "Goodwin's law" on them, pretty sure that's a typo

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Breaking: polls are poo poo this year. Cause? Voters are stupider this year than in other years.

edit: link to debate bingo cards?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I hope Hillary trips on a cord tonight hail Satan.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/780423902371651584

This is the best Iowa poll Clinton has gotten for like a month and a half :psyduck:

I have no loving idea what is going on with polling right now.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Elephanthead posted:

I hope Hillary trips on a cord tonight hail Satan.

If that happens, Huma gettin drunk

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

WampaLord posted:

Neither do the pollsters.

Spoilers: they never did :smug:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

fart blood posted:

I honestly hope on November 8th, Hillary becomes a sore loser.

Like, months after the election, when Trump's policies start taking an effect, I want Hillary doing the talk show circuit, like "this is what you get for being unenthused about me, you cunts."

If we have to see a Hillary concession speech I hope it's just 30 minutes of her mad dogging the camera going" really? REALLY?" while Trump highlights play off to the side.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

You have internal polling and complete demographic breakdowns. Like Plouffe and those types say, the election is primarily about the composition of the electorate on the day of voting. Her internals probably put her in good shape [but remember that Romney's did as well, though its because they all bought into unskewing and a mythical number of hidden republicans] but the likelyhood is that the demographic models they have for colorado, wisconsin and Maine just say "lol not happening."

Honestly, this is giving me Romney flashbacks. I really and sincerely hope her team has a better grasp than his did.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

WampaLord posted:

how dense has the polling been in swing states this year?

i don't pretend to know about this stuff, but maybe people just aren't picking up

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT6yGXvCWvM

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

C-Euro posted:

If we have to see a Hillary concession speech I hope it's just 30 minutes of her mad dogging the camera going" really? REALLY?" while Trump highlights play off to the side.

I have a feeling she won't be the only one saying that into a camera on election night if she loses.

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Montasque posted:

Dear Shook ones:

Look at the poll numbers - both DJT and HRC are in the low to mid 40s.

If Trump starts punching into the 48s plus in states like PA, CO, ect... Then panic.

I see no reason to believe this. These are white republicans who refuse to hold their nose for Trump. I think many of these Johnson votes will turn out just to vote for downticket republicans. If the GOP holds the senates they can at least get moderate SCOTUS appointments instead left-wing liberals.

On all the formerly pro Cruz sites the comments are saying this is what they plan to do. Flipping to Hillary? Literally impossible for a lot of these people.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

For Sale: Jeb! cup, never used.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Zas posted:

well. that is the conventional wisdom. haha

Schnorkles posted:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

For Sale: Jeb! cup, never used.

haha

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

laffin at people freaking out about polls.

if hilldawg gets demolished in the debate and nosedives as a result, you can freak out. don't do it prematurely.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Cubey posted:

if hilldawg gets demolished in the debate and nosedives as a result, you can freak out. don't do it prematurely.

nobody tells me when or where i can freak out! NOBODY!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

C-Euro posted:

I hope its just her reading off a list of her proposed policies that will never get passed now that the republicans have full control of the federal government and then just tearing them up

"Free tuition? Nope. Guess what, the republicans are going to poo poo down student loans."

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Schnorkles posted:

You know how only white people can be racist?

Only republicans can unskew, them's the rules

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Cubey posted:

but it's a dead heat. haven't you heard. it's a loving DEAD HEAT. deader than after lebron went back to Cleveland.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

WampaLord posted:

Candidates are both weak and unpopular. Everything makes sense.

It's more just funny to watch the trendline in NC turn towards the democrats in all the various races while Nate screams "all is lost! All is lost!" in the background.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
This isnt a joke by the way, the republicans are going to cut off federally backed student loans if trump gets elected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
uh the biggest unskew in the world is that loving donald trump is somehow even with crooked hillary clinton

• Locked thread