Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Vegeta is great at finishing jobs, it's the part right before that he struggles with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Hasn't everyone Vegeta ACTUALLY killed stayed dead?

Not counting GT or Movie 12, which are cheating.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

buu didn't

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Hey, Buu lived through that one. It doesn't count if they're not fully dead.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nappa will return, just you wait and see

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nah, those guys Vegeta killed when he went Majin got revived!

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Nah, those guys Vegeta killed when he went Majin got revived!

Well, gently caress.

Uh, Majin doesn't count. Somehow. Shut up.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I miss Zarbon.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
:stare:

Just when people thought maybe Goku had a chance against Beerus, that cat god shows what happens when he doesn't want to gently caress around.

Good ep, can't wait for the next.

Also can I just say that kid trunks/Future Trunks interactions have been just great.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shindragon posted:

Also can I just say that kid trunks/Future Trunks interactions have been just great.
That was my favorite part of the episode. Lil Trunks pretending to be Vegeta for Big Trunks all 'hey, me!' was great.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I dunno why people think Goku has a chance against Beerus. The show's been pretty obvious that Beerus is still way out of his league.

The closest we've gotten to that is SSB+Kaioken "may have given him some trouble" but Goku can't even use that again without basically breaking all his ki bones

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So TFS multiverse theory checks out. And the alternate timeline future Trunks is from runs parallel to mainline DB timeline. So it would make sense that alternate future Zamasu and Dark Goku would still exist.

Edit: Also yeah it's always been really evident that Beerus is insanely powerful and really doesn't try all that hard against Goku or Vegeta because he doesn't need to. And even then Whis is more powerful, and whatever beyond that. Making Goku the strongest thing in all of creation would be kinda really dumb.

Jiro fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Sep 26, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Finished reading Dragonball. The reveal that Tien never had a hope in hell in Tien/Goku 2 is probably the most disappointing part. But there's strong competition.

The 23rd tournament feels like an epilogue/setup for Z. There's no drama or suspense at all.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Huh, so is the preview implying that Black Goku ISN'T just some creation of Super Shenron then? This has been a pretty twisty arc!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

I dunno why people think Goku has a chance against Beerus. The show's been pretty obvious that Beerus is still way out of his league.

The closest we've gotten to that is SSB+Kaioken "may have given him some trouble" but Goku can't even use that again without basically breaking all his ki bones

I think Beerus "Unmaking" technique would not be too big of a problem for Goku. It looked like it was pretty slow, and Beerus had to touch Zamasu to make it work. This is no different than Gokus fight against Hit. Goku seemed pretty confident he could still win against Hit, even if Hit was allowed to use assassination moves. If Goku can never be hit by Hit than he can never be hit by Beerus.

It doesn't matter how powerful Beerus move is, if he is too slow to target him with it!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Sep 26, 2016

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Rutibex posted:

I think Beerus "Unmaking" technique would not be too big of a problem for Goku. It looked like it was pretty slow, and Beerus had to touch Zamasu to make it work. This is no different than Gokus fight against Hit. Goku seemed pretty confident he could still win against Hit, even if Hit was allowed to use assassination moves. If Goku can never be hit by Hit than he can never be hit by Beerus.

It doesn't matter how powerful Beerus move is, if he is too slow to target him with it!

Goku was pretty confident he was gonna kick black's rear end

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't get the insistence that Goku is close to Beerus' level when Toriyama said around the time of this arc starting that there are no plans for Goku to surpass him. It's not like it's an out of date statement contradicted by more recent developments. It doesn't make a lot of sense for him to lie about that at this time either.

It's fair to assume that it's going to hold true for a while, considering that after this arc we're probably heading to the Universal tournament. I'd imagine that any Beerus rechallenges would be at the earliest after that tourney.

More theory than anything else but I took Beerus' destroy technique to be less of a "move" like a Kamehameha would be and more of an inherent ability of his as God of Destruction. Like he can just choose to have something no longer exist.

We've never actually seen Beerus straight up try and struggle to kill anything so we've never seen him go 100%, and the only sign of his actual ability to be beaten is when Whis sparked him and that was only in the movies and we know that Whis is a level above basically everyone who isn't related to Zeno in some way or Vados. I'd be surprised if Goku hasn't beaten Beerus legitimately in a fair fight by the end of Super, but I don't think we're anywhere close to that.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Beerus would never use that disintegration technique on Goku. Goku would never use instant transmission to murder Supreme Kai.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hjalmar posted:

Beerus would never use that disintegration technique on Goku. Goku would never use instant transmission to murder Supreme Kai.

Ok, maybe Goku isn't stronger than Beerus at the moment (because of his battle autism). But Bulma sure as heck is! If she has force fields that can contain Goku vs Trunks fighting in her yard I have no doubt she could cook up a blaster strong enough to merc Supreme Kai :twisted:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rutibex posted:

Ok, maybe Goku isn't stronger than Beerus at the moment (because of his battle autism). But Bulma sure as heck is! If she has force fields that can contain Goku vs Trunks fighting in her yard I have no doubt she could cook up a blaster strong enough to merc Supreme Kai :twisted:

goku got chumped by a random laser when he was fighting frieza so I guess bulma could kill literally anyone if she catches them off guard

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't get the insistence that Goku is close to Beerus' level when Toriyama said around the time of this arc starting that there are no plans for Goku to surpass him. It's not like it's an out of date statement contradicted by more recent developments.

Most people don't read behind the scenes gossip.

The cartoon pretty clearly shows Goku scheming to beat Beerus, and Beerus looking genuinely concerned by how Goku is developing.

Plus Goku surpasses everyone. No exceptions so far.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Goku has yet to defeat the mysterious champion Jackie Chun. :colbert:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
There's only a handful of times that Goku and Vegeta have even tried to outright kill anyone at the start of a fight though. Goku thrives on the thrill of the fight, and Vegeta wants to see the fear and defeat in his opponent's eyes first - like Vegeta vs Imperfect Cell, or Goku vs the Ginyu Force. They toy with their opponents because Saiyans are loving morons. I have no doubt that Goku could Instant Transmission behind Black and snap his neck if he really wanted to.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Then Black would teleport behind him and Goku would teleport behind him ad infinitum

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Sep 26, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rodyle posted:

The Black would teleport behind him and Goku would teleport behind him ad infinitum

both problems solved!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rodyle posted:

The Black would teleport behind him and Goku would teleport behind him ad infinitum

God I love Buso Renkin so goddamn much.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

that is literally what I was thinking of yeah

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

More theory than anything else but I took Beerus' destroy technique to be less of a "move" like a Kamehameha would be and more of an inherent ability of his as God of Destruction. Like he can just choose to have something no longer exist.

Yeah well, every single other ability that isn't ki blasting was thought to be something inherent to being an alien or a wizard or a god. And then Goku learned it anyways, by simply being exposed to it and having the appropriate amount of ki, just like the Kamehameha. Examples: flying, telepathy, teleportation, regeneration, god ki, whatever he did to stop Beerus' giant ki attack at the end of BoG (energy absorption/dispersion?).

So while Goku probably won't be able to 'Hakai' things out of existence just yet, I bet Gogeta could ;)

Spidder fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 26, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gogeta doesn't exist so no, probably not.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Gogeta exists in the most important place, the hearts and minds of all the children

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Any sufficiently advanced martial arts is indistinguishable from magic

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

projecthalaxy posted:

Gogeta exists in the most important place, the hearts and minds of all the children

gogeta also exists in the hearts and mind of every dbz fanfic author.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Blockhouse posted:

I will admit my comment was more of a snark/take that towards Rubitex who has been going around saying Beerus ain't powerful. :v:

I hope Beerus stays more powerful than anyone no matter what.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 26, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Shindragon posted:

I will admit my comment was more of a snark/take that towards Rubitex who has been going around saying Beerus ain't powerful. :v:

I hope Beerus stays more powerful than anyone no matter what.

I mean he's already weaker than Whis, Vados, the High Priest, Zeno, and presumably at least a handful of others.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want to watch "CAN BEERUS BEAT WHIS????" on GodTube, presented by Gowasu.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I still can't believe that godtuber stuff wasn't just y'all loving around

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

was the GodTube joke in Japanese too or was it something like NicoNicoKami over there?

same difference i suppose but i'm curious

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I wonder if Beerus' Annihilation technique is useless against those higher than him on the pantheon.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

a cartoon duck posted:

was the GodTube joke in Japanese too or was it something like NicoNicoKami over there?

same difference i suppose but i'm curious

He said Kamitube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

VanSandman posted:

I wonder if Beerus' Annihilation technique is useless against those higher than him on the pantheon.

That's how it works for Dungeons and Dragons gods, so I am going to assume it's true of Dragonball gods.

• Locked thread