Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If DBZ worked like D&D Babidi would have been the strongest character by far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Beerus is a whiny stuck up bitch and Goku's gonna beat him up.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Nobody is going to beat up Toriyama's sick cat.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

sassassin posted:

Finished reading Dragonball. The reveal that Tien never had a hope in hell in Tien/Goku 2 is probably the most disappointing part. But there's strong competition.

The 23rd tournament feels like an epilogue/setup for Z. There's no drama or suspense at all.

I am currently about three quarters of the way through this part (I'm on the episode where Kami/Hero fights Piccolo) and two dubbing mistakes jumped out at me: first, Goku refers to Tao as "General Tao" off-handedly; second, after Goku beats Tien, the announcer talks about how he's going to go on to fight (Piccolo) Junior in the final round, when Junior hasn't even fought Hero yet.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

A year after I binged those first 4 sets, I've got my DB Season 5 dvds coming in!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The dragonball anime was bad

Dragonball Z was way gudder

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

are you actually crazy dude

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

Nobody is going to beat up Toriyama's sick cat.

Turns out the most powerful force in the universe is...the anime pussy.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Wheat Loaf posted:

I am currently about three quarters of the way through this part (I'm on the episode where Kami/Hero fights Piccolo) and two dubbing mistakes jumped out at me: first, Goku refers to Tao as "General Tao" off-handedly; second, after Goku beats Tien, the announcer talks about how he's going to go on to fight (Piccolo) Junior in the final round, when Junior hasn't even fought Hero yet.

That was back when they tried to tie in their first bad DBZ dub that had Tao as a Red Ribbon General.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

pointless speculation: since zamasu is immortal do you think beerus subjected him to a fate worse than death by destroying his corporeal form

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Present Zamasu wasn't immortal

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I just assume he's going to re-form somewhere else like Buu or Cell.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Can't wait for Usamuz to join the team and get as much use as Uub

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

uub

who's that

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Can't wait for Usamuz to join the team and get as much use as Uub

Maybe he'll be a GodTuber too, rather than a shitter.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Wait so present Zamasu is dead dead? Doesn't he just go the afterlife or hell? Beerus erased him from existence? Am I thinking about Dragonball too much?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Wait so present Zamasu is dead dead? Doesn't he just go the afterlife or hell? Beerus erased him from existence? Am I thinking about Dragonball too much?

It kind of looked like Beerus did more than just kill him. I expect present Zamasu is gons gone.

Future Zamasu might still be alive because he's immortal and/or bulma's time machine hosed time up harder than Beerus expected. "Wait, when a god kills a god, they're dead at every point in time! How badly did you humans gently caress up time!?"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beerus is extremely strong, but he's not omniscient. It's probable he's just wrong and he has no jursidiction over alternate versions of the Universe(s) and can't influence them remotely.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It doesn't seem like Beerus and Whis actually fully understand how human-involved time travel works. They seem to think that it actually changes the timeline, when in fact alternate timelines are created.

In contrast, manga Whis shows perfect understanding of multiverse theory. But then again, this is probably just different writers doing their thing and not an actual big thing.

Also I'm pretty sure Zamasu is beyond dead right now. If Beerus had just killed him, then it wouldn't have mattered at all, they're already in the afterlife. Zamasu would've just obtained a halo then continued as he was, just like the Old Kai when he brought Goku back to life using his own. There was nothing left of Zamasu, so Beerus clearly did more than just killing him, he destroyed even his soul. Beerus is loving hardcore.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

It doesn't seem like Beerus and Whis actually fully understand how human-involved time travel works. They seem to think that it actually changes the timeline, when in fact alternate timelines are created.

Trunks specifically tells them "but my androids didnt die when we killed-" and beerus is just like "never mind that"

something stupid is going on

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Beerus has killed more innocent people than Zamasu so this whole arc is taking another turn for the horrific.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Getting mad at Beerus is like getting mad at an earthquake. Or a cat.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
zamasu is a bad guy because hes stepping outside of a kaioshin's role in the natural order, not because killing people is wrong

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

sassassin posted:

Beerus has killed more innocent people than Zamasu so this whole arc is taking another turn for the horrific.

Beerus has killed innocent people, but Zamasu plan is "kill everyone" so lesser of two evils I guess.

Also Beerus is more like a cosmic force, he's kinda like galactus in the marvel universe.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, killing people is also wrong. Thing is, Beerus's "role" is to destroy poo poo, him being an impulsive, selfish cat just works for the job. Zamasu is supposed to oversee life and creation, him deciding to destroy ALL SAPIENT LIFE ON THE UNIVERSE is out of line and actually oversteps even the boundaries of a God of Destruction. Beerus doesn't want to FINAL SOLUTION everything, he just blows up planets because that's what he does.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A friendly reminder that Vegeta has murdered literally billions of people. Possibly trillions. We don't know how successful his planet-clearing game was.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rudoku posted:

That was back when they tried to tie in their first bad DBZ dub that had Tao as a Red Ribbon General.

Maybe, but the weird thing is that it's a completely one-off thing, because every other time someone refers to him, it's always as Mercenary Tao.

"General Tao" comes from Mystical Adventure, same as with Chiaotzu being an emperor. They use both in the Ocean Group (?) dub of DBZ but I think Funimation changed it back to either Mercenary Tao or Tao Pai Pai later on.

The DVDs I have are the Funimation dub, but I remember when I saw Dragon Ball on Toonami they used the Blue Water dub; the only big differences I remember off the top of my head are Goku's power pole being referred to as the yoibo, Mercenary Tao being Tao Pai Pai, the Evil Containment Wave being the mafuba, and General Blue having a stereotypical "camp" voice rather than a British accent.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I can't believe zamasu is loving dead

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dias posted:

I mean, killing people is also wrong. Thing is, Beerus's "role" is to destroy poo poo, him being an impulsive, selfish cat just works for the job. Zamasu is supposed to oversee life and creation, him deciding to destroy ALL SAPIENT LIFE ON THE UNIVERSE is out of line and actually oversteps even the boundaries of a God of Destruction. Beerus doesn't want to FINAL SOLUTION everything, he just blows up planets because that's what he does.

Whoever decided that destroying planets is okay is wrong, too. The "just following orders" excuse doesn't fly.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

A friendly reminder that Vegeta has murdered literally billions of people. Possibly trillions. We don't know how successful his planet-clearing game was.

He's an evil prick, too.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Black Goku tries to fight Beerus

"It's just a prank bro
Just a prank
Come on bro its just a p-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAG"

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

sassassin posted:

Whoever decided that destroying planets is okay is wrong, too. The "just following orders" excuse doesn't fly.

take it up with the king of all I guess.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It isn't like dying matters particularly much in the DB world. You just head to the afterlife and chill until maybe you're resurrected or something.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I started watching the garlick jr saga and it's brilliant.

Gohan throws his mother off a roof and Roshi finally goes from "harmless" molester to full-on rapist.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Monaghan posted:

take it up with the king of all I guess.

Goku's gonna beat him up.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Zamasu just getting straight up deleted is really quite scary. now I'm really wondering what Goku Black is; maybe he really is the God of Destruction of Universe 10

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Andrast posted:

If DBZ worked like D&D Babidi would have been the strongest character by far

Ki is basically Psionics, and Psionics has always been more broken than magic in D&D.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Carlosologist posted:

Zamasu just getting straight up deleted is really quite scary. now I'm really wondering what Goku Black is; maybe he really is the God of Destruction of Universe 10

Y'know, considering the setup with Beerus and Supreme Kai being connected, that's not a horrible guess.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
there's a panel in the recent chapter of the dbz super manga where black basically says that he used the time ring to hop through the timelines and settled on Trunks's because there was no Beerus in that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Buu has destroyed entire galaxies. I wonder who has killed more innocent people, Buu or Beerus? I guess that would come down to how old they are.

Carlosologist posted:

Goku Black is Zamasu. Remember that there are three timelines, not just two. The original where the androids kill everyone and Cell kills Trunks, the one where Trunks kills Cell, and the past where DB Super is taking place now.

Goku Black is the Zamasu from the timeline where Trunks is dead. He had no one to oppose him, so he killed everyone in that alternate existence. He then used the ring of time to jump into the timeline where Trunks is alive and help out the Zamasu there. Finish the job by eliminating all mortals in all timelines.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Sep 26, 2016

• Locked thread