Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ghostlight posted:

Kirby's men all look like sentient squares.

Sentient squares that will leap off the page and kick yer rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
poo poo. I feel dumb. I was thinking of the art in She-Hulk.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

GET READY FOR THIS poo poo

http://kirbyhands.tumblr.com/

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ghostlight posted:

Kirby's men all look like sentient squares.

That's what I keep saying! And his anatomy is terrible; Look at this! How is this happening!?

Doesn't mean he's bad by any measure.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
Yesterday I took my 5 year son to meet Stan Lee. I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about him but it was great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ferrule posted:

Yesterday I took my 5 year son to meet Stan Lee. I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about him but it was great.

FYI Stan is walking around claiming to be your kid's dad now.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Rhyno posted:

FYI Stan is walking around riding around on a rascal scooter claiming to be your kid's dad now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo, super villain origin over here

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/man-suffers-serious-burns-after-plunge-into-hot-tar-1.3088934

quote:

TORONTO -- A 37-year-old man is in life-threatening condition after being encased in hot tar that solidified during an industrial accident in Toronto on Monday morning.

Rescuers worked for more than a hour to free the man after the incident, which occurred around 7:30 a.m., according to Toronto Fire platoon chief Dave Denysek.

He says the man was in a truck when liquid tar spilled from a reservoir in the back of the vehicle, trapping the man.

"When (the tar) came out of the reservoir it went all around and when tar is exposed to the air, it hardened very quickly," Denysek told reporters at the scene.

He said firefighters had to slice away part of the truck before slowly cutting hardened tar in small pieces away from the man's body.

"The victim suffered serious burns to his head and arms," said Toronto Paramedic Services Dep. Commander Evert Steenge.

He said the man was rushed to the burn unit of a local trauma centre.

Police said the man was breathing and conscious throughout the ordeal.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

No, he was probably just horrible burned. There's a serious risk he'll die from infection because his skin was burned off by tar. Even if he survives all that he's gonna be all hosed up and scarred for the rest of his life.

That's just a sad real life story, not a fun comic book story

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

No, he was probably just horrible burned. There's a serious risk he'll die from infection because his skin was burned off by tar. Even if he survives all that he's gonna be all hosed up and scarred for the rest of his life.

That's just a sad real life story, not a fun comic book story
Still not as bad as one of my wife's highschool classmates who had an entire dumptruck of hot-asphalt-or-tar-or-something accidentally empty its contents all over his car as he was parked behind it at a red light.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

redbackground posted:

Still not as bad as one of my wife's highschool classmates who had an entire dumptruck of hot-asphalt-or-tar-or-something accidentally empty its contents all over his car as he was parked behind it at a red light.

It actually sounds way worse.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

It actually sounds way worse.

Well, the guy burned to death trapped in his car sooooooooooo evensies?

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Sep 26, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

See, you missed that entirely important detail.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I had to have my cat put to sleep this evening.

I know she was only a cat, but she was a loyal friend and companion for 15 years and it was still one of the hardest decisions I think I've ever had to make.

:(

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

I know she was only a cat, but she was a loyal friend and companion for 15 years and it was still one of the hardest decisions I think I've ever had to make.

Sorry :(

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

redbackground posted:

Well, the guy burned to death trapped in his car sooooooooooo evensies?

If the encased in tar guy dies from his injuries after days of agony at the hospital, that's probably worse than dying relatively quickly in the tar spill

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jesus christ thread, give me a minute to deal with the one horrible thing

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
None of you guys have any proof that his consciousness hasn't become connected to the tar.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Rhyno posted:

None of you guys have any proof that his consciousness hasn't become connected to the tar.

I was thinking more like super-hard tar skin. Impervious to physical harm, etc.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
here is a comic that isn't terribly depressing

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Rhyno posted:

I was thinking less tar powers, more "The Burning".

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wheat Loaf posted:

Aw, sorry to hear. :( I'm sure it was the right decision, and I'm sure you gave her a good 15 years.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Endless Mike posted:

Aw, sorry to hear. :( I'm sure it was the right decision, and I'm sure you gave her a good 15 years.

Thanks for saying, and I sure do hope so; she she definitely wasn't well - she'd been ill earlier in the year but recovered, but then it was a very fast decline over the past week. Still, she was never treated unkindly and she never wanted for anything. 15 isn't bad for a cat.

You know what they say, "And though you are not sentient, and do not comprehend, I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

I was thinking less tar powers, more "The Burning".

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Wheat Loaf posted:

Having done this recently, it sucks hard even when you know it's the best possible choice. My condolences.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wheat Loaf posted:

There's no such thing as "only a cat". Her friendship was equally meaningful as a human's, if not more. I'm sorry for your loss.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hey Wheat Loaf, I didn't see your post at first, but I'm gonna add on to the condolences. Hope you're doing okay.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Thank you all for saying so.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Cats are cool and great, I'm sorry yours had to go kick rear end in the afterlife.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Thanks for saying, and I sure do hope so; she she definitely wasn't well - she'd been ill earlier in the year but recovered, but then it was a very fast decline over the past week. Still, she was never treated unkindly and she never wanted for anything. 15 isn't bad for a cat.

You know what they say, "And though you are not sentient, and do not comprehend, I nonetheless consider you a true and valued friend."

I feel for you and and your cat, try and take solace in knowing that you provided a good home and love for her.

That being said, TNG was a loving horrible tv show, and this is a very good example of why.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Skwirl posted:

That being said, TNG was a loving horrible tv show, and this is a very good example of why.

YOU'RE a loving horrible tv show! :argh:

I want to say TNG is my favorite but I know that instantly becomes devalued when I add "tied with Enterprise".

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

TNG is actually a really good show, and here is a good example why https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcJwpR67aPI

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmte4b1YY20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ghostlight posted:

TNG is actually a really good show, and here is a good example why https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcJwpR67aPI

On the on hand you have this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_8nY_LQL3w

on the other you got this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY3nY8SAnXs

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Also them constantly shutting down the only Black person on the show constantly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edflm7Hh3hs

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Klingons used to have an interesting culture to contrast the federation with before TNG made them all zealous idiots who want to get into fights to the death over everything and eat alive food.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Klingons used to have an interesting culture to contrast the federation with before TNG made them all zealous idiots who want to get into fights to the death over everything and eat alive food.

They were better when they were basically the USSR with slightly racist Asian eye makeup back in the 60s.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Also them constantly shutting down the only Black person on the show constantly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edflm7Hh3hs
Uhhhh

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Geordi isn't black within the context of the show, because the Federation has evolved past race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Geordi isn't black within the context of the show, because the Federation has evolved past race.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Locked thread