Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Spoeank posted:

What the drat hell are the QB settings?

Also the best way to approach it is by unanimous vote. No unanimity, no rule change.

You could also vote to retroactively change the settings with people understanding it could change outcomes. Also, it needs to be unanimous.

I'm not the commissioner, but that is what I suggested to be fair. I also said if someone votes to not change, they need to have a legitimate reason and not just be contrary for the sake of it.

SeannieDarko posted:

I bet that league has negative scoring for sacks and maybe incompletions. I hate that poo poo.

It has both, but it also has positive points for completions to offset. The issue is that tds for qb were only 4, but turnovers and sacks were -3, so it devalued the position tremendously.

High scoring can be fun if everything is even. This is our first year doing it, so growing pains will happen.

For the cheating for charity league, we have waivers process at 11am. That gives everyone the chance to make last minute changes. Maybe try that to appease people who want to be able to have last minute transactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
-3 for a sack is even worse than the scoring in Mr. McGibbletts' league. Jesus.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
can someone please lie to me and tell me Tamme could put up 17.38 while Ingram somehow gets 0.

I knew I shouldnt have dropped Graham for Tamme.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Vereen is out for the year. You dudes might wanna hop on the Paul Perkins train

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Poonerman posted:

Or the Darkwa train. Or the Rainey train. Or the Jennings when he comes back train. NYG is again a backfield to avoid for me...

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Sataere posted:

For the cheating for charity league, we have waivers process at 11am. That gives everyone the chance to make last minute changes. Maybe try that to appease people who want to be able to have last minute transactions.

We had something like this in week 1, but then realized that waivers need to be early enough to make it in for the Sunday AM games. I wish there was a "1 hour before gametime" setting so that it could be in the afternoon for most days but early on Sunday.

In any case, it turns out waivers can be changed mid-season. Using chrome, right click the inactive radio button and choose inspect element. Delete the 'disabled="disabled" line then it will allow you to select the button and submit changes. My league now has waivers on Wednesday morning and a free agency period for the rest of the week.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Poonerman posted:

So glad I did not hit accept on my Perkins/Wentz for his Dorsett/Vereen in my dynasty league. I am just not sure how to proceed. Perkins value should theoretically improve a lot short term and Wentz is the bell of the ball at the moment. Wentz for Dorsett straight up feels ok, but adding in Perkins seems like too much.

For reference, this guy has ODB, AB84, Maclin, Gordon, Dorsett, Funchess and Strong at WR. He has Bell, DWill, Ingram, Michael, M. Jones, Vereen, and Rawls at RB.

How do I proceed from here?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Teeter posted:

We had something like this in week 1, but then realized that waivers need to be early enough to make it in for the Sunday AM games. I wish there was a "1 hour before gametime" setting so that it could be in the afternoon for most days but early on Sunday.

In any case, it turns out waivers can be changed mid-season. Using chrome, right click the inactive radio button and choose inspect element. Delete the 'disabled="disabled" line then it will allow you to select the button and submit changes. My league now has waivers on Wednesday morning and a free agency period for the rest of the week.

That's 11AM EST, which is 2 hours before the Sunday games start. If the whole point of C4C wasn't to encourage cheating I would make it FAAB on Wednesdays and then first come first served the rest of the week.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

Or the Darkwa train. Or the Rainey train. Or the Jennings when he comes back train. NYG is again a backfield to avoid for me...

It's pretty clearly Jennings if he plays. Giants specifically said they don't want to do this year what they did last year with the RB position.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

commish posted:

It's pretty clearly Jennings if he plays. Giants specifically said they don't want to do this year what they did last year with the RB position.

Which is no guarantee

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Sataere posted:

Which is no guarantee

Dude is over 30. Nothing ever safe with "old" RBs. One of my fantasy rules, haha. No RB over 30.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

commish posted:

Dude is over 30. Nothing ever safe with "old" RBs. One of my fantasy rules, haha. No RB over 30.

That means you have no shares of Forte, so that is a bad rule. A better rule would be no old, bad running backs over 30

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'd grab Darkwa over Rainey. Jennings seems like he's going to get injured again and Darkwa is running like he's a new man. Rainey is probably the new third down back back Jennings could still steal touches there. Darkwa too.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I need 19 points from Matt Ryan in two different leagues to win tonight. 19 points in both. (in these leagues, he got about 28 and 35 points in the first two weeks due to bonuses)

This is everyone's warning that Matt Ryan will be getting 18 points tonight.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Sataere posted:

That means you have no shares of Forte, so that is a bad rule. A better rule would be no old, bad running backs over 30

Nope, no shares of Forte. You can always find exceptions to everything, but that doesn't mean it's a bad rule. Forte is still averaging under 4 YPC, so his current value is based on his insane volume. We'll see if he keeps it up for a season.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Forte is on pace for like a billion touches and is going to die on the field... soon.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

https://twitter.com/LordReebs/status/780478818876133376

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Spoeank posted:

Forte is on pace for like a billion touches and is going to die on the field... soon.

ah, the frank gore conundrum

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

commish posted:

Nope, no shares of Forte. You can always find exceptions to everything, but that doesn't mean it's a bad rule. Forte is still averaging under 4 YPC, so his current value is based on his insane volume. We'll see if he keeps it up for a season.

My point is that hard and fast rules are dumb. Forte was seriously undervalued this season because he turned 30, but age isn't as important a factor than usage. There are backs who are younger that scared me more than Forte.

His "insane" usage so far has been 22 carries, 30 carries and 15 carries and has bwen greatly overstated. He is also averaging 3.9 yards a carry, so barely under 4.

His usage is also on par with any other starting running back. In fact, his YPC average is 4th compared to the top ten running backs by volume. Only one back in the top ten averaged more than 4 ypc. Because workhorse backs tend to have lower ypc averages.

And the idea that his production is based on his volume is a very flawed argument. Every year, the top producers are the top producers because of volume.

By ignoring backs over 30, you eliminate 3 of the top 10 backs in usage thus far this season. And because they are 30, you already have a baseline of expectations.

Of the four running backs on IR this season, only two are over 30. Of the running backs missing multiple games with expectations to be contributors, only 2 of 9 are over 30.

Simply put, nobody is safe

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Darkwa is probably the guy to own next week, but if he gets the touches, I like Paul Perkins a lot.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
He is risen

A S J E T S

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Dammit.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sataere posted:

I'm not the commissioner, but that is what I suggested to be fair. I also said if someone votes to not change, they need to have a legitimate reason and not just be contrary for the sake of it.

Disagree. If someone has built a strategy around the current scoring, forcing them to disclose that strategy in defense of the current rules isn't fair. Especially if it involves attempting to trade for certain players in the future.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Leperflesh posted:

Disagree. If someone has built a strategy around the current scoring, forcing them to disclose that strategy in defense of the current rules isn't fair. Especially if it involves attempting to trade for certain players in the future.

Any strategy built in would have happened at the draft. I actually did build a strategy on our leagues scoring and I can say with confidence that I am the only one. Asking someone to provide a legitimate reason for why they refuse to fix something that is so clearly broken is not unreasonable. Changing it would probably hurt my plan, but I also get why it has to be done.

I am not saying they need to provide a 20 page dissertation on how it would hurt them going forward, but just saying no to the change in a no money, casual friends league shouldn't be allowed either when it is negatively impacting the overall league. This league is supposed to be fun and a bit silly.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
If it's so casual and silly then why not leave it as it is and laugh at hilarious scores like a -9 from the reigning MVP?

I agree with Leperflesh.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

If it's so casual and silly then why not leave it as it is and laugh at hilarious scores like a -9 from the reigning MVP?

I agree with Leperflesh.

Yeah, any "no" vote for whatever reason is totally fine imo, even if the reason is that awful QB scoring is funny.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Point taken. I doubt it ends up being a big deal. It is casual, but that doesn't mean people don't get competitive. It won't matter anyway, I am destroying all those fools.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Spoeank posted:

He is risen

A S J E T S

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I need Matt Ryan + Julio + Tamme to not score more than 36.1 points combined

cmonnn Saints defense time to get fuckin lucky

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This week I agonized over start/sit and for once that paid off. Namely not sitting Marvin Jones and TY Hilton. I feel relieved. Feeling relieved is the height of fantasy football. This is as good as it gets. Going "whew".

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

kiimo posted:

This week I agonized over start/sit and for once that paid off. Namely not sitting Marvin Jones and TY Hilton. I feel relieved. Feeling relieved is the height of fantasy football. This is as good as it gets. Going "whew".

Marvin Jones was in my lineup the minute I saw the Packers injury report.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

kiimo posted:

My 5 non-C4C leagues are already wrapped up as Ws and I'm taking Drew Brees /Devonta Freeman victory laps in 3 of them. I had two of Abdullah, Moncrief, Doug Martin or Delanie Walker in all of them so there was a lot of consternation this week. The sense of relief I realized I won't be sweating MNF was great. I know what you mean with "whew"

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Gonna go 5 of 7, with all the games being decisive wins or losses. What I have learned this year is I don't know poo poo about IDP and that I am a garbage dynasty owner when the other owners know what they're doing.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I lost this week in my main money league, falling to 1-2 with Marvin Jones blowing up on my bench. I don't think I could have justified starting him over Hopkins, AJG or Evans at the time, but it's going to be really fun trying to pick the right set of guys from here on out. First world problems I guess.

On a more hilarious note, I lost in one league by .46 this week, with Ryan Mathews contributing -.5 to my overall total. Karlos Williams would have won me the week if I started him instead.

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008
I've been offered Frank Gore for Sammy Watkins. I need the help at RB due to AP going down but I still feel like there is value in Sammy once he heals. Thoughts?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I benched Hilton for Travis Benjamin like a rube, but I'm still up 20 with my Julio vs. his Brees and Fleener. I won my other 3 leagues decisively with a shot at high score in all.

Now, I'm going to probably end up being the #2 score in the IDP league and lose to the #1 score because that league is dumb and I hate it

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Eternal Hobo posted:

I've been offered Frank Gore for Sammy Watkins. I need the help at RB due to AP going down but I still feel like there is value in Sammy once he heals. Thoughts?

I got offered Sammy for my Frank Gore before his good game this week and it was a pretty easy decline for me even then.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
I should win assuming Devonta Freeman can get more than 1 point and not fumble in my non goon approved league.

How it will likely go: Devonta carries for 3 yards, fumbles and is hurt and out for the rest of the game.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Eternal Hobo posted:

Mash accept. Gore is immediate points and reliable future points. Sammy is a huge question mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I need Drew Brees to score 22 points or less to remain undefeated. And this is with Kelvin Benjamin throwing up a goose egg in my WR2 slot. I am not at all confident

• Locked thread