Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This is the first game I've played since Marc Eckō's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure that I wouldn't mind getting a strategy guide for.

yea

elf help book fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Sep 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

big job and monster charts would be so good

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Could you please reedit my quote to remove the mention of a B*thesda game. I'd rather not have any of that in this thread. Thanks

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ive still got the prima guide for 8 somewhere, tht thing is so much fun to flip through

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Could you please reedit my quote to remove the mention of a B*thesda game. I'd rather not have any of that in this thread. Thanks

k

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Thank you.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a guide for this? I usually get the DQ and SMT ones just for the art

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

There doesn't seem to be.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

Is there a guide for this? I usually get the DQ and SMT ones just for the art

No, but there was one for the PSX version

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ah, oh well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DOne with my little grind sesh, got a Luminary in my party and all the available hearts I need to eventually reach Platinum King. Also the main character is almost to the point where he can get the Hero class. Party is getting strong ftw

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Woohoo! Im on fire! Im on fire! - child with fire on his head

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
the woman whos like "the key to cuisine is control of the flame" etc. and then u talk to her BF and hes like this food tastes loving horrible its burnt

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

the woman whos like "the key to cuisine is control of the flame" etc. and then u talk to her BF and hes like this food tastes loving horrible its burnt

lol i missed the bf

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

idea- a collector's edition lootcrate that comes with a little fire hat

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

check back after the events unfold

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I really like the little villager arcs, like the guy with the 'sick' mom, Pike's shenanigans, etc. I have twenty hours logged and I just got to the animal island because I've been taking my time talking to everyone (and seeing if my party says anything in reaction)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theres a later village where i walked in and went oh no! theyve all turned into animals again! but it was just a dog hanging out near the entrance the village had other problems

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

elf help book posted:

theres a later village where i walked in and went oh no! theyve all turned into animals again! but it was just a dog hanging out near the entrance the village had other problems

Lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Yeah...street passing is limited as is, but then you also need to pass someone who bought a niche JRPG and also the street pass system doesn't unlock until 35+ hours in so its basically non functional. At least square is giving out new tablets through the download bar that have unique monsters and stuff

honestly if i bring my 3DS to gamestop or the independent game store here i'll always get lit up with streetpasses for Monster Hunter and Bravely Default and even more niche than DQ stuff like Etrian Odyssey (with people who have insane 100% clear save files and stuff). employees always have that poo poo rolling

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I.N.R.I posted:

I just saw that part lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i cant believe ig et to immediately go from playng this to playing smt4a, this is so good

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Judge Tesla posted:

As if anyone outside of Japan gets much use of streetpass.

it works online

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Just finished the volcano island.

I think at my current pace I'll finish this game just in time for the DQVIII remake

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

if i have access to tablet dungeons does that mean i unlocked the streetpass stuff? asking now so i can bring my 3DS with me tomorrow if need b.e.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I believe you need access to the monster handler which is much later in the game.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

I had to screenshot that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually I think once you've got the Download Bar you can receive tablets. I'm not too sure

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like how in el cielo SPOIlER, kind of i guess the main baddy behind the time loop doesn't mention the dark lord and just wants to troll a bunch of mexicans

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

owned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maribel is pwnage and LATER game spoiler i was sad when she left the party which i think is permanent

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

I had to screenshot that.

:-]

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

in the UK every1 likes first party nintendo stuff so thats nice. but if you do find an otaku its like senran kagura and poo poo. i never found a single other person who played smt iv. so i doubt i will have any luck with dragon quest 7
I passed one other SMT4 guy in glasgow which was cool

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

lol

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

Maribel is pwnage and LATER game spoiler i was sad when she left the party which i think is permanent

i refuse to believe that spoiler

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Holy gently caress I'm at the part where they take away your spells and abilities and it really loving sucks rear end. Thank god i had bought two Edged Boomerangs or else combat would be miserable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Holy gently caress I'm at the part where they take away your spells and abilities and it really loving sucks rear end. Thank god i had bought two Edged Boomerangs or else combat would be miserable.

Yea that part kind of blows. The payoff is awesome though

• Locked thread