Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Orv posted:

$32 deal

Where is this? $30 is about the most I'll drop for access to this game, but even then I'm on the fence. The ork sprint is so loving dumb and doesn't look good and proper orky. Like, there are dumb reasons to be upset about the lore, but holy gently caress get the animations for the most expressive faction right. Plus Deathwing might be good.

Sard fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Sep 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
Played as Orks, got crushed 4 rounds against Eldar. Made a space marine to try the PvE, and a tyranid fell through the map. The countdown timer to kill all enemies expired and we failed the round.

This game should really look back at some things that Planetside did right - 1v1v1, spawn immunity, vehicle balance. There's a lot of important similarities that Sony figured out pretty drat well with the first Planetside, and this game would be better if they imitated it better.

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

Matrim posted:

Made a space marine to try the PvE, and a tyranid fell through the map. The countdown timer to kill all enemies expired and we failed the round.

PvE??

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

Matrim posted:

This game should really look back at some things that Planetside did right - 1v1v1, spawn immunity, vehicle balance. There's a lot of important similarities that Sony figured out pretty drat well with the first Planetside, and this game would be better if they imitated it better.

1v1v1 sounds like a good idea for ensuring that one side never grows too dominant, but that assumption is based on the belief that people are good and logical and will rally against the biggest threat. What actually happens, and happened in both Planetsides, is that one of the losing factions attacks the other losing faction while the winner is also focused on them, to acquire power at minimal cost so that they stand a better chance of resisting the winner later on. Or both losers gently caress off and only fight each other while ignoring the winner.

Sard fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Sep 26, 2016

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Sard posted:

1v1v1 sounds like a good idea for ensuring that one side never grows too dominant, but that assumption is based on the belief that people are good and logical and will rally against the biggest threat. What actually happens, and happened in both Planetsides, is that one of the losing factions attacks the other losing faction while the winner is also focused on them, to acquire power at minimal cost so that they stand a better chance of resisting the winner later on. Or both losers gently caress off and only fight each other while ignoring the winner.

Planetside provided advantages and incentives to the losing side though - shorter spawn timers, more experience, etc. Eternal Crusade rewards the winning side with more currency to win harder with. At least 1v1v1 would allow a side that's getting crushed to get crushed by a different faction. The absurd balance problems on release with Eldar would be somewhat mitigated by allowing the losing side to die to Chaos instead.

I think this game still needs another year or two in the oven, I refunded it and I probably would've refunded it at the $35 price point, too.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Yes you have to go to world map and select it from there. It is buggy and the pibbies are terrible at it. The exp is also really bad.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Matrim posted:

Played as Orks, got crushed 4 rounds against Eldar. Made a space marine to try the PvE, and a tyranid fell through the map. The countdown timer to kill all enemies expired and we failed the round.

It took ages for Planetside to get the 1v1v1 to a place where it wasn't a 1v2 shitshow though. Three sided fights looked okay in Dark Age of Camelot, I think, while Planetside kind of drove home how impossible it is to balance.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Sep 26, 2016

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I dont know how or why they'd implement 1v1v1 in a lobby shooter.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Buschmaki posted:

I dont know how or why they'd implement 1v1v1 in a lobby shooter.

One hundred percent this. The game touts itself as some sort of persistent world but it's a lobby shooter. Until it has a real overland map, it needs to shut up about persistent universe stuff.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Blacktoll posted:

One hundred percent this. The game touts itself as some sort of persistent world but it's a lobby shooter. Until it has a real overland map, it needs to shut up about persistent universe stuff.

At least they're not calling the game a MMO anymore like that lobby shooter with a persistent campaign map Heroes and Generals. Steam doesn't give a gently caress even with the banner saying MMOFPS in big letters on the banner.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Hm, I don't want to seem like I'm shutting the game down purely though. I do think the classes are good and distinct. I think the advancement is fun and designing a character a certain direction is a lot of fun.

Also, some war gear does show up on your character. For instance, I had gotten an amulet for my sorcerer and it showed up which is cool.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Sard posted:

Where is this? $30 is about the most I'll drop for access to this game, but even then I'm on the fence. The ork sprint is so loving dumb and doesn't look good and proper orky. Like, there are dumb reasons to be upset about the lore, but holy gently caress get the animations for the most expressive faction right. Plus Deathwing might be good.

Check cdkeys

The ork sprint is perfect because I always crack the gently caress up watching it, as Gork intended

Whats the best way to use plasma guns as SM? Should I be overcharging for the big blast, or rapid firing? I cant seem to figure whats better when

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 26, 2016

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Whats the best way to use plasma guns as SM? Should I be overcharging for the big blast, or rapid firing? I cant seem to figure whats better when

I always use full auto fire unless I'm using the plasma cannon, which you should always charge for maximum tears.

Lately I've been playing as Ork and driving in a war truck around getting roadkills while my team spawns on me.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Check cdkeys

The ork sprint is perfect because I always crack the gently caress up watching it, as Gork intended

It's $35 on cdkeys right now, the price goes up after release and slowly back down. I got Stellaris from them for $25 and to this day it hasn't dropped below $40 after release.
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/warhammer-40000-eternal-crusade-pc-steam-cd-key

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
When buying supply drops should I be saving up for the 30k ones? I did it twice and got weapon mods, for poo poo I dont use.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

It's a crapshoot but won't give you repeats.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

No. But the cheapest loot crates first.

The way it works is the loot crates all have their own special pool of items it picks from. It won't ever give you the same item twice and eventually it will say that you already own all the items of a certain loot box. There is also some overlap between the loot box pools, which means you REALLY want to start with the cheapest first. Also, don't delete any items.

I was able to complete the 1k and 5k boxes for eldar. There's about 20ish things to get in the 1k boxes and one of them is a green reaper launcher. So if you plan on playing dark reaper you can save your point by not buying a reaper launcher so soon.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I think I like the smart bolt pistol more than the plasma pistol which sounds outrageous but with the lagginess the s.pistol really helps me soften a target before I finish them off with the janky melee.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Honestly, I don't even like the smart pistols. It's weird and I can aim just fine without it tyvm. Also the do less damage? Can you imagine some people poo poo their pants over these?

Then again I play as elder and those pistols are very much not accurate.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
The pve really needs to have the blood and guts turned up quite a bit

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
the 30k req boxes get you poo poo like unique weapons with unique stats, I saw a space marine using a named Stalker Bolter and got a mastercrafted bolter from a 12k box.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Im just sad theres no iron jaw appearance for orks

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

neonbregna posted:

The pve really needs to have the blood and guts turned up quite a bit

Yes

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Im wondering if theyll add heavy classes sometime in the future.
Termimators for space marines and chaos. Meganobs for orks. Uhhh what would eldar get? Autarchs? Wraithguard?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

neonbregna posted:

The entire game really needs to have the blood and guts turned up quite a bit

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Hihohe posted:

Im just sad theres no iron jaw appearance for orks

There is, it's in the lower left of the advancement tree.

Costs a shitload of points though. I think 400 for normal jaw and 600 for "only veteran units should be using it" version. I think they need to make the normal version less expensive even if they have to change the stats a bit since nobody will want to be seen without a Gob.

Hihohe posted:

Termimators for space marines and chaos. Meganobs for orks. Uhhh what would eldar get? Autarchs? Wraithguard?

Terminators and their other faction equivalents are actually the first "every three months mini-expansion", they're coming in december.

Also unrelated, but turns out Ork mastercrafted/dead shiny (more expensive versions of weapons that are a bit better) weapons are loving gold.

They're not as shiny as the gold Space Marine fist, but they're significantly shinier than default ork weapons.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

I've also seen a rendered jetbike that they've made, so it looks like bikes/jetbikes are on the list of things to add.

If they add shining spears I would literally do nothing else ever.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

So... how do I even create a war party? I can create one but I can't seem to invite anyone? What the hell? This is the first time I'm trying to do something not solo.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009

Hihohe posted:

Wraithguard would be the obvious choice, since they are big and stompy. Their loving guns though :stonk: plasma cannons are bad enough, but these fuckers....

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

MadJackMcJack posted:

Wraithguard would be the obvious choice, since they are big and stompy. Their loving guns though :stonk: plasma cannons are bad enough, but these fuckers....

Was it Turok that had a black hole bomb? I just wanna see some space marines get sucked into pinholes

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Three eldar fights in a row and I'm good. I'll come back when this game fixes its servers or something.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
In melee, use the Melee Lock or dont even bother.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
What the gently caress is melee lock? Is that the same as aim lock? This game doesnt explain poo poo

Also if you want to know what its like to play on the Cleveland Browns or Mets, play Space Marines

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Right click on the guy, get the red circle. Certain ranged weapons also have auto-aim (e.g. ork toxin pistol, "smart" weapons).

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Don't shoot your gun with the lock on. I've noticed if you just hold fire the kick back will back you shoot way over their heads with the auto lock.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Did we mention this game is janky as fuuuuuuu

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Jesus Christ, I hadn't really tried playing as Eldar post-launch until just now. Feels like easy mode.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PantsOptional posted:

Jesus Christ, I hadn't really tried playing as Eldar post-launch until just now. Feels like easy mode.

Try telling that to Eldar players post match where they've blown out the other side.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Rolled Eldar to see how they are compared to LSM, loving hell are they easy, bonus points tell the team that Eldar Need a nerf after the match, especially when you top the scoreboard and watch them lose their minds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirBuddha
Aug 20, 2006

lovely Wizard posted:

There is, it's in the lower left of the advancement tree.

Costs a shitload of points though. I think 400 for normal jaw and 600 for "only veteran units should be using it" version. I think they need to make the normal version less expensive even if they have to change the stats a bit since nobody will want to be seen without a Gob.

The Cheap one is 100ap and the expensive one is 250ap; they are both rank 5 though. unless your talking about LP then i have no idea, im not that far :(

• Locked thread