Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

rediscover posted:

I was on the phone with a friend the other day who's beaten the game and when I told him I was playing it the first question he asked was which girl i was gonna gently caress

Well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
idk i haven't decided yet. prolly the red head, natch

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
*geralt voice* hmm.. seems like the carpet does match the drapes

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

thats the wrong choice, imo

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

rediscover posted:

reconsider this

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

rediscover posted:

*geralt voice* hmm.. seems like the carpet does match the drapes

Lmao

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Seriously though, go with Yen

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

can u gently caress all of them or just one? asking for a friend

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the bblonde one wants to go on a date with me but shes boring

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I tried to play Geralt as a lone wolf but ended up stumbling dick-first into the girl from Hearts of Stone anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is it the same redhead from 2? That's the only thing I remember from that game, is that after you beat the big climatic act 1 boss Geralt and her fall down a hole into a beautifully hidden underground grotto and start loving for no reason

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
That's Triss yeah

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Hearts of Stone is Shani actually. The aspiring medic.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

BBJoey posted:

reconsider this

Reconsider my bung hole bitch.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rediscover posted:

ggood choice imo

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Gwen is pretty good for a game within game

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah. the standalone gwent game is about to go into beta or something but idk if im that interested in playing gwent outside of the witcher 3

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i chose the redhead. if you try to pick both the game will own you

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Hearts of Stone is Shani actually. The aspiring medic.
I loved Shani in TW1 despite the crazy buggy grandma lady who randomly spawned to throw you out of her house.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

question i dont really trust the thing in the tree asking me to bring it its bones but i also dont trust the witches. i agreed to help the thing but is there any right decision here?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

question i dont really trust the thing in the tree asking me to bring it its bones but i also dont trust the witches. i agreed to help the thing but is there any right decision here?

not really, but like two more quests hinge on that decision. follow your heart

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

In Training posted:

Is it the same redhead from 2? That's the only thing I remember from that game, is that after you beat the big climatic act 1 boss Geralt and her fall down a hole into a beautifully hidden underground grotto and start loving for no reason

why would you do if after you beat a big climactic boss you and your gf fell down a hole into a beautifully hidden underground grotto

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

its a lose-lose, you gotta pick whats more important 2 you

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
You can bang triss and yen in the same game and not get a bad ending I'm pretty sure.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Also you bang yennifer on a stuffed unicorn so idk why you wouldn't choose her

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Pookum posted:

You can bang triss and yen in the same game and not get a bad ending I'm pretty sure.

if you do you have to go with triss

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Oh wow didn't realize that. I heard it second hand I guess he chose triss and I assumed it meant you had a choice.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
witcher 3 GOTY due to sex scenes? Millions of horny teenagers agree

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bobnumerotres posted:

The loving ownage in that quest is awesome

as soon as the guy cuts his ear off I had a bad feeling. The reveal on the witches is masterful

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Blood and wine is much better than hearts of stone

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

I created evil barnacle jim

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Blood and wine is much better than hearts of stone
they each showcase one of TW3's two greatest strengths, hearts of stone the brilliant writing and quest design and blood and wine the fantastic world and exploration. I liked Blood and Wine more too but that's drat clever

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I preferred hearts of stone because of how tight the story is but blood and wine is real good

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

BBJoey posted:

I preferred hearts of stone because of how tight the story is but blood and wine is real good

Yeah, Blood & Wine's story is all over the map. It's not bad at all, but it's not literary like Hearts of Stone—in the sense that HoS made you feel like you were creating a folk tale for later generations because its plot was so lean and carefully structured. Blood and Wine reverts to the main game's kind of story, which doesn't feel as urgent (A) because you're not trying to escape the inexorably tightening grip of a bargain with the Devil and (B) there's just so much poo poo to do you feel like you can put off the vampire investigation to renovate your manor and play gwent and arbitrate undead marital spats. Only the first couple hours of B&W match the pace and structure of HoS.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

there's something to be said for both having a very carefully paced story with barely any distractions like HoS and having a sprawling open world where there's a main quest but also a hundred other things, and I'm glad that witcher 3 did both with its expansions

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

If you do the new game + all the enemies get scaled up, right?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

BBJoey posted:

there's something to be said for both having a very carefully paced story with barely any distractions like HoS and having a sprawling open world where there's a main quest but also a hundred other things, and I'm glad that witcher 3 did both with its expansions
it's drat smart thinking because it stops them feeling like just "more of the same". which would still be great but i love their distinct identities. CDProjekt have grown so muhc, and i'm proud of them

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Dec 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

That guys a bad rear end. Can you imagine punching. a loving deer to death in real life. Brass balls

• Locked thread