Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

The killing of GBS is spilling into the racing threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
I've no idea whats going on at all, but its probably more interesting than New Hampshire will be

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

BMB5150 posted:

The killing of GBS is spilling into the racing threads.

dare, the poisoned skittle of posting

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
anthem 11/10, would salute again

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

At least try and protect the bottom when Kyle pops out of line, Martin.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Never thought this race would be as much a lottery as Talladega but good for Harvick on that restart to get the win.

Edit: Also is that burnout "appropriate" for a chase round winner?

fuseshock fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Sep 25, 2016

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

These random GBS posters with no home are crackin me up.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Norns posted:

These random GBS posters with no home are crackin me up fucken weirdos.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
it's just dare and yes he's mentally ill

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-is-considering-smaller-pit-crews-for-2017-830512/

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

VikingSkull posted:

it's just dare and yes he's mentally ill

In case anyone doesn't know Dare: This is not hyperbole nor a joke. He is literally mentally ill.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Harveygod posted:

In case anyone doesn't know Dare: This is not hyperbole nor a joke. He is literally mentally ill.

Sounds like he would of fit right into sascar in that case.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
not really

like, I get that we're ingrates but dare sent a 300+ page manifesto to Lowtax one time after being banned and he's reregged hundreds of times

he's on the level of Caro and kyoon

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VikingSkull posted:

not really

like, I get that we're ingrates but dare sent a 300+ page manifesto to Lowtax one time after being banned and he's reregged hundreds of times

he's on the level of Caro and kyoon

I'd go with Matt Damon

Caro stopped registering accounts for a few years and seemingly vanished off the face of the earth.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I miss a good Kyoon conspiracy thread.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

exploding mummy posted:

I'd go with Matt Damon

Caro stopped registering accounts for a few years and seemingly vanished off the face of the earth.

Well... Caro did vanish, but he had a hell of a trip getting to that point!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...e1a3_story.html

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Make the crew 3 guys and you'll be set.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Oh no. This doesn't match at all with Trump's message of bringing back jobs. Maybe Brian's endorsement was his alone after all.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Peanut President posted:

Make the crew 3 guys and you'll be set.
Make it 1 crew allowed to move at any time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNKyJBj9KQw

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Maybe just have hydraulic jacks built into the car.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Speaking of pit stuff. Any reason they don't or can't go to a single lug on the cars? Is it just tradition at this point?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Fan voting during the race for which driver get a an extra crew member over the wall!!!

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
I'd be interested in 1 person only over the wall. Crazy automatic robot jacks. Tires that drop out of the sky. Lugnuts with wireless torque reporters. Laser beam eyes. Dogs and cats living together. Etc.

And the end of the LIS.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

But then what would washed up college football players do for a living. You want to export more jobs to Chinese robots? Typical libtard

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
also they should bring Rockingham back

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
I'm more of a North Wilkesboro guy but the Rock would be cool too.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Start bulldozing Midwest cookie cutters and rebuild starting with The Rock and Old Atlanta

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Fan voting during the race for which driver get a an extra crew member over the wall!!!

Only if it ends up being a cluster gently caress like fan boost in Formula E

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Guys! After 5+ years of streaming the races from nefarious sites, I discovered the 21st century and Playstation Vue. The upside is that I can finally record the races and watch them on Tuesday! The downside, I can't hang with you nerds during the race. The other downside is that its impossible to avoid spoiling the winner, and that sucks.

But to the important poo poo- I gotta give NBC credit for their coverage. They have an attention to detail that really does smell of the attention to football. I noticed it most when they were breaking down Chase's pitstop behind Brad, first they broke down how he had to stop short due to Brad being way behind him on the track, then they showed how he kept his left front away from the marker so he could angle out, and then (the best part) Letarte and the director broke down how Chase worked the clutch and throttle to get out of the pits while spinning the tiers, but limiting the breaking of traction. There were many instances of this so far during the race, but I was very impressed by their attention to detail. You wouldn't see this from DW.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Also, let me say, we FINALLY had a caution after like 100 laps of green. I was at this race last year, and I can say that after a long green flag the only way you could possibly understand anythign that was happening was from renting those headphones that let you listen to the broadcast. Watching the race I felt bad for all of those fans that didn't have the headphones.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
Nbc stream can save a bad race too online with all the alternative views

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

If nbc didn't have rick allen id be cool with it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

theacox posted:

I'm more of a North Wilkesboro guy but the Rock would be cool too.

Practically speaking NWS needs a hell of a lot more work to get back to standard than the Rock iirc.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

dentist toy box posted:

If nbc didn't have rick allen id be cool with it.

I wonder if he'll wind up replaced Marty Reid-style at some point. I can't think of anyone on-air in the Sprint Cup media who's had more noticeable flubs than Rick Schwieger, which is weird because he was actually good doing Trucks.

He called Chase Elliott Elliott Sadler during the in-car rundown on the pace laps. With NAPA logos and even the "24 Chase Elliott" graphic on-screen.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

SpitztheGreat posted:

Also, let me say, we FINALLY had a caution after like 100 laps of green. I was at this race last year, and I can say that after a long green flag the only way you could possibly understand anythign that was happening was from renting those headphones that let you listen to the broadcast. Watching the race I felt bad for all of those fans that didn't have the headphones.

now try following along a hundred laps on a dirt track, with more cars on a smaller track

I only pay attention to the top 5 at Eastern States because I spend so much time looking down track watching for airborne cars/parts etc

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

VikingSkull posted:

now try following along a hundred laps on a dirt track, with more cars on a smaller track

I only pay attention to the top 5 at Eastern States because I spend so much time looking down track watching for airborne cars/parts etc

30+ cars on a half mile is an amazing exercise in multitasking.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
They start 46 now, when I was a kid they started 56

it's insane

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
The local 1/4 mile will start 100 for the enduros. on the first lap, the cars in front will reach the back of the pack.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

daslog posted:

The local 1/4 mile will start 100 for the enduros. on the first lap, the cars in front will reach the back of the pack.

HOLY gently caress. 100 enduros is really a problem. I'm not sure why they would even do that. I used to go to Lake Geneva Raceway and see 50-ish on the 1/3 mile and that was really the max that I would feel comfortable with.

If it gives you any sort of perception, enduros died a horrible death here the last 15 years (or further back, not sure)and are just getting a spark of a restart. I went to one about a month ago that started 8 cars. I was one of 15 (maybe?) people in the stands. 10 of those people were family of one driver. It was $5 to get in, so whatever. They had one last weekend that I couldn't make, but I hope they had a couple more cars .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

VikingSkull posted:

They start 46 now, when I was a kid they started 56

it's insane

Ours usually only has about 30 cars on average, so that's what they run.

If they're pressed for time, they qualify, then just reverse stack it and go. No b main, just every car in the a. It's crazy.

Also awesome? The 'young guns' sprint is currently being won by a 15yr old girl. She drives the loving wheels off that goddamn car.

• Locked thread