Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Pakled posted:

How did a guy who made Vandy a 9-4 team twice fail to hit that same mark at Penn State

He's a good recruiter who caught the sec east at a really good time but isn't actually a very good coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Les was great for the program but it was time to move on. Hopefully they can make hire that's not a disaster, but I don't have high hopes. With the money they are willing to spend it should certainly be possible, but the AD is a god damned retard.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Saban to LSU, Briles OC, Muschamp DC you heard it here first done deal

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
gently caress off LSU -- stay away from Herman.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
hell the problem isn't even the fact that LSU's offense was bread and butter I-formation poo poo. the problem is they were doing it badly. its kind of hard to get a running game going when everyone knows your QBs cant reliably hit a specific side of the field, let alone a receiver in stride.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Herman's buyout is only 2.5 million. :getin:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
USC should hire Les

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

~*~ THE RUMOR MILL ~*~ says that LSU has reached out to Herman and Art Bryles via their agents

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Ross Angeles posted:

USC should hire Les

A crazy man's David Shaw, if you will.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Sent from my iPad posted:

If Saban had two 3-loss seasons in a row I can guarantee he'd be having to look over his shoulder, too.
LSU fans have forgotten the pre-Saban years and seem to believe the program is a bit more prominent than it actually is. Which is how folks convince themselves that Jimbo's going to leave FSU mid-season to come coach the Tigers against Bama.

I think it's a pretty big job. They've had about 16 years of consistent success, and two national titles in that time under two different coaches. Big stadium, good recruiting. I remember the Dinardo years, but couldn't the same argument re: program prominence have been made against Florida when Spurrier left?

skaboomizzy posted:

Petrino and Four Mystery Women Involved In Inexplicable Jet-Ski Crash On Bourbon Street

Which is why it needs to happen.

Spintzel posted:

With Les gone, this mean every SEC team has changed coach since Saban went to Bama

Richt should still be at Georgia. Oh well.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Why the gently caress has Art Briles not even smelled the start of a show cause

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Rape is not an NCAA infraction.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
How likely is Bo Pelini to get hired by an FBS team this year

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

LLCoolJD posted:

I think it's a pretty big job. They've had about 16 years of consistent success, and two national titles in that time under two different coaches. Big stadium, good recruiting. I remember the Dinardo years, but couldn't the same argument re: program prominence have been made against Florida when Spurrier left?

Yeah and they immediately hired Ron Zook. And hired Muschamp after Urban. Replacing a good coach is really hard!

Pakled posted:

Pretty likely if he wants I'd think. I know his name has been floated for Purdue

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Pakled posted:

https://twitter.com/FauxPelini/status/780157173267623941

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

He's a good recruiter who caught the sec east at a really good time but isn't actually a very good coach

He makes very puzzling decisions at the worst times. Like yesterday. It's 4th and not too long, deep in Michigan territory with tons of time, trailing by 28 points and you waste a time out to kick a field goal? In what way did that make any sense?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/chrisfallica/status/779815724651085824

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I cannot tell you how relieved I was when PSU hired Franklin because it meant that Texas couldn't hire him. Once that happened there was nobody left on the board who would've deeply disappointed me.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
So I guess Dave Aranda is staying since they just gave him a 4 million dollar contract?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
I'll take Les Miles right now, just no cam cameron

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Roger Craig posted:

So I guess Dave Aranda is staying since they just gave him a 4 million dollar contract?

For the year. Beyond that, I doubt it.

Roasted Donut posted:

Sorry, package deal.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
LSU gonna hire lane kiffin and boy am I going to be laffin

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Roasted Donut posted:

Some coaches just can't cut bait with assistants and I think Les is one of those. It's why Bill Snyder originally retired/was gently pushed away, and will probably start happening again if he lasts long enough.

So if you do somehow hire him with the stipulation of no Cameron things might be good for a few years, but god help you when the good assistants start getting hired away as head coaches.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I've gone deep down DaCoachO rabbit hole; these vids of him at practice are strangely hypnotic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahR5yPj0-UM

Guys, I think I've found my ASMR trigger

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

its not even the right kind of lion! He can't even animorph correctly!

BOB beat top 15 teams when he had a garbage team that lost to Ohio. Come back to us BOB because clearly you are not meant for the NFL.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Sash! posted:

Come back to us BOB because clearly you are not meant for the NFL.

Neither are the Texans.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chubb to coach LSU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
If I were Nick I'd be trying to get away from Georgias OL too.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJExile posted:

Chubb to coach LSU

Coach Chubb would be the SEC-iest coaching name ever.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

And LSU has no interest in Petrino, so we've got that going for us, which is nice.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Gotta take the moral high road and go after Art Briles instead

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

MourningView posted:

:chanpop:

e Then get Dave Bliss for basketball

Dr_Strangelove fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 27, 2016

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

MourningView posted:

Les wasn't super great about rape either, tbh. Or football players getting into bar fights.

Hopefully it's not Briles though.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
The bar for Vandy is really low, and the skills for rebuilding a program are a lot different than winning at a high level. This is what whoever dumb enough to hire Schiano next year will learn.

MyStereoHasMono
Feb 23, 2006

Ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space

LLCoolJD posted:

I think it's a pretty big job. They've had about 16 years of consistent success, and two national titles in that time under two different coaches. Big stadium, good recruiting.

Well yeah, its a "pretty big" job. And pretty good program. But LSU fans are also pretty delusional if they think they could get Tom Herman. He could have gone basically anywhere available last offseason.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

NippleFloss posted:

Les wasn't super great about rape either, tbh. Or football players getting into bar fights.

oh well ok then

MyStereoHasMono posted:

Well yeah, its a "pretty big" job. And pretty good program. But LSU fans are also pretty delusional if they think they could get Tom Herman. He could have gone basically anywhere available last offseason.

Other than maybe USC, who seemingly refuses to even consider going outside the program for hires, what job open last year was better than LSU?

MourningView fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Sep 27, 2016

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

MourningView posted:

oh well ok then

Like I said, I don't want Briles either. I just think LSU fans and media give Miles a bit of a pass because he's really likable and seems like a genuinely good guy, but things like letting the players vote on keeping Jeremy Hill on the team after he jumped a guy in a bar parking lot was kind of gross, especially given that Hill already had a sexual battery charge coming into LSU.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MyStereoHasMono posted:

Errr, LSU, A&M, and UT are basically the 3 programs that can land Herman that are anywhere near having an open job right now.

Well, USC probably could get a look if they went after him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
Oregon :colbert: but I also like having quarterbacks.

• Locked thread