Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/778775931158528000

there are going to be a lot of matches !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Guessing one of those is going to be vs. Callihan, which is why he's not in the tournament.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Everyone who visits this thread needs to watch this.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Yeah that film is excellent. It's required viewing.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/TheFrayMovement/status/779130631066300416

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

tried to make it through the match but that commentary sounds like a hammer to my sinuses.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

is that the show in spartanburg? because if so gently caress yes i gotta go. and i can go and make fun of fray if he's there.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

is that the show in spartanburg? because if so gently caress yes i gotta go. and i can go and make fun of fray if he's there.

I believe so

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
lmao at it taking him less than a day to reactivate

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Grozz Nuy posted:

lmao at it taking him less than a day to reactivate

Was four hours.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The math adds up. Four hours IS less than a day.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Yup. Tonight is Trevor vs Cody in Raleigh. I'm front row.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

rovert posted:

That's the thing. When it they do happen in that area it is someone who comes into money who thinks they can run a show and end up realising they can't. In this case the promoter is apparently is well over his head. Expect a lot of the wrestlers to pull out of the show over this weekend or so.

I told him that just because you're having niche success in 3-2-1 doesn't mean you can pull this poo poo off. Hipsters in Washington wanna see Battle cat not anything else really

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you'd think the photoshop guy would fix Hoot's eye, jeez.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

coconono posted:

you'd think the photoshop guy would fix Hoot's eye, jeez.

That would be false advertising.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JohnnyGargano/status/779608063653347328

:sadwave:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I was there last night. It was great. Johnny's farewell speech lasted at least 45 minutes. I don't think it would translate to tape well though and a lot of it wouldn't make sense if you haven't been going to the AIW/shows in Cleveland for years.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

mariooncrack posted:

I was there last night. It was great. Johnny's farewell speech lasted at least 45 minutes. I don't think it would translate to tape well though and a lot of it wouldn't make sense if you haven't been going to the AIW/shows in Cleveland for years.

The match was pretty interesting just taking it in on social media. Was kinda a mismash of ideas kicked around for it the last few months. I think originally it was going to be Gargano This Is Your Life gauntlet but with so many key players are signed and inaccessible that idea was rendered impossible. Also WWE allowing Johnny to work an intergender match was kind of a favour and came with restrictions in terms of the level of physicality.

honeymustard
Dec 19, 2008

Shut up cunt.
Progress tomorrow. Front row, hype!

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Trevor vs Cody was easily match of the night, but that wasn't a very high bar. Didn't break into my top ten Trevor Lee matches of the year.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

Trevor vs Cody was easily match of the night, but that wasn't a very high bar. Didn't break into my top ten Trevor Lee matches of the year.

His AAW match with Chris Hero is very good. I also enjoyed Chris Hero's post match promo where he threatened a fan who wouldn't shut his stupid loving piehole that if he didn't pipe down, "he'd go 1979 on his rear end".

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

PROGRESS with two and a half thousand people in Brixton is absolutely loving insane

honeymustard
Dec 19, 2008

Shut up cunt.

Skarsnik posted:

PROGRESS with two and a half thousand people in Brixton is absolutely loving insane

Yeah, that was a bit good.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Gonna be in the bay area for a bit and it looks like APW has Broken Matt Hardy vs someone named JR Kratos coming up soon. Does anyone know who JR Kratos is, and does he suck as much as he looks like he sucks

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I've seen other wrestlers put him over on Twitter a few times but I've never seen him work so I can't really say. The Norcal indie scene hasn't produced much in recent years other than Thatcher and Cobb (and Brian Cage if you count him I guess).

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Gonna be in the bay area for a bit and it looks like APW has Broken Matt Hardy vs someone named JR Kratos coming up soon. Does anyone know who JR Kratos is, and does he suck as much as he looks like he sucks

He wrestles out here in so cal sometimes but I still couldn't tell you. My best guess is that he is fine. Not terrible, but against an old vet like hardy can pull out something pretty good.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

I'm going to that show. Kratos is decent, I've seen him put on a couple good matches. He and some other local wrestlers were recently in this Strfkr music video: https://youtu.be/wDtBXvodb8M

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
This Sunday Beyond Wrestling returns to Summerville, MA for Midas Touch (oof).

Ricochet vs. Tessa Blanchard
War Machine vs. Da Hit Squad
Michael Elgin vs. John Silver
Jonathan Gresham vs. Joey Janela
Matthew Riddle vs. Jaka
Joey Ryan & Massage NV vs. Pinkie Sanchez & EYFBO
Chris Dickinson vs. "Hot Sauce" Tracy Williams
Deonna Purrazzo vs. Sonya Strong

There's a pre-show too at 4PM

American Destroyers (Dijak and Mikey Webb) vs. Monster Mafia
Keith Lee vs. Brian Milonas
Jordynne Grace vs. Alexxis

Scheduled To Compete At Beyond Wrestling #NewEnglandMania:

Brian Fury
Chuck "Cold Steel" O'Neil
Dave Cole
Travis Gordon

Fun looking show. Might end up going last minute since I have a very busy weekend ahead of me but tickets are limited. From what I understand, Ricochet and Tesla requested to have that match.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
What happened to those cute little Bravado Brothers :smith:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

because there is a God, and he is good Kongo Kong is replacing Eddie Kingston in AAW's Jim Lynum Memorial Tournament

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

That Beyond show looks insane, but I thought Tessa was in NXT?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

not signed no

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

oatgan posted:

because there is a God, and he is good Kongo Kong is replacing Eddie Kingston in AAW's Jim Lynum Memorial Tournament

This pleases me more than it should.

Is it because his face is the perfect wideness to replace Kingston's

Deathlove fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Sep 27, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

drew gulak is on raw rn

https://twitter.com/aawpro/status/780560261824425984
https://twitter.com/aawpro/status/780566908785479686
https://twitter.com/aawpro/status/780572816898875396

the oatgan invitational
https://twitter.com/aawpro/status/780580002714705920

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I'm so happy right now

oatgan fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 27, 2016

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

but also sad its not the finals

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
love too see badly applied photoshop filters on my big wrestle boy matches.

(in all sincerity, all of those matches featuring wrestle boys look dope)

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Who is currently the best fat Indy wrestler?

I don't mean Chris hero fat, I mean earthquake fat.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Keith Lee maybe? He's not that fat I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

Who is currently the best fat Indy wrestler?

I don't mean Chris hero fat, I mean earthquake fat.

It's still Chris Hero.