Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If she is Obama 3rd term that will be good

Defeating trump is the greatest good tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Mudpuppy posted:

So do you all really think Hillary would be good for this country or just better than Trump? Serious question, askin for a friend

She's essentially Obama, only a little more hawkish and lacks the rhetoric.

She is easily the 2nd best of all the candidates who have been running for president.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Trump won because "we need to take guns from black people" and "women are too weak for leadership" are basic values many Americans have and we pretend they don't because they are awful opinions. He said the thing. People are voting for that stuff. He said it loud and proud.

In real talk, I wonder if this debate had any influence whatsoever on undecided voters. We know Trump didnt lose any of his regulars. Would Hillary's grandma quips have changed any minds of people in the middle?

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Seinfeld current day is one of my favorite accounts already but that's just masterful.

Also:

https://twitter.com/eLementsofstars/status/780601844280221696

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
And of course Charles Krauthammer gives this debate to Trump.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

This is the sad reality of all of this.

It's been a wild ride from the primaries to now.

But at the end of the day it's moot.

It's not moot

Presidents still to a lot besides pass legislation

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mudpuppy posted:

So do you all really think Hillary would be good for this country or just better than Trump? Serious question, askin for a friend

She would be legit good, she's spent the last 40 years fighting for the rights of the weak against the powerful and has some cool ideas about how to improve the country

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i and all my friends are voting straight ticket republican, d&d. i hope this revelation proves to you that sometimes people believe differently than the hivemind does

i got owned

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Knyteguy posted:

So instead of heavy bias one way or the other, I tried to approach this with an open mind, since I'm an undecided moderate at this point,

Being undecided at this point makes you willfully ignorant and not moderate.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Mudpuppy posted:

She's gonna be a good president.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

The Iron Rose posted:

I think she'll be the best President this country has ever had, and could ever have.

Stop making me reconsider voting third party. :colbert:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Can you talk a little more about how you think Trump won? Some people measured things like dodging questions and interruptions, which Trump did significantly more of. Do you think those were inaccurate measurements, or that Trump interrupting Hillary was a positive thing?

Is there something else you think he did better?

Let me summarize why he won: lol no woman is gonna be MY President. Trump has a penis and is therefore the more qualified candidate.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mudpuppy posted:

She'll be awesome.

Lukewarm Gazpacho
Aug 8, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Iron Rose posted:

I think she'll be the best President this country has ever had, and could ever have.

I feel like this might not be sincere

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Guy on CNN just said she pushed his buttons into being the Trump he didn't want to be.

Well, he was the Trump I wanted him to be. :smug:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

And of course Charles Krauthammer gives this debate to Trump.

Kept him riveted to his seat I imagine

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Mudpuppy posted:

When I heard Trump say he was going to lower taxes big time and lower regulations I knew he'd be another disaster like Reagan. Hillary is horrible but she'd be better.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Trump went too far with the interruptions and got clearly flustered way too early. He needed to retain the calm demeanor he had in the first 5-10 minutes for at least the first half of the debate.

Instead of going on incoherent half-assed attempts at pretending to be policy saavy, he should have just hammered Clinton every chance he got and just flaunted his anti-establishment credentials, let the truth be damned.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

euphronius posted:

It's not moot

Presidents still to a lot besides pass legislation

Let me rephrase that. Moot in comparison to the changes people are expecting to see.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
How was the first 20-30 minutes good for him? That was when the taxes stuff came up and exploded

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Repostin' from page 2.

LeoMarr posted:

The first debate.

Hillary refuses to even interview with the media so I think it's pretty sensible that she will be flustered in this debate and lose rapidly.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Mudpuppy posted:

Trump said that he would strike a deal to pay creditors less than 100% of the value of the US national debt. You know, the basis for the modern global economy? No one would trade with us or loan us money, because they have no reason to believe they would get paid back. It's loving insane and would tank the economy worse than the housing crisis. It's the single most batshit idea I've ever heard from Trump, and it flew completely under the radar.

E: So even if she's only an average President, at least she wouldn't tank the loving US dollar.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Can you talk a little more about how you think Trump won? Some people measured things like dodging questions and interruptions, which Trump did significantly more of. Do you think those were inaccurate measurements, or that Trump interrupting Hillary was a positive thing?

Is there something else you think he did better?
My perspective is just as subjective and unscientific as yours. Voters end up voting based on deep-seated emotional biases, not on some calculus of "sick burns" + facts - lies & misinformation. I've given my reasoning already.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i dont think voting for a candidate in the intermediate stages of parkinsons is wise

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Mange Mite posted:

Why would you do this and why would anyone trust you

School? A desire to travel? If I wanted to go through the process and spend the money I could get citizenship where I am right now, if I decide to stay here.

Why would you distrust someone who travels?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

euphronius posted:

Hillarys economic plan is not important

She will never pass legislation.

I thinm it's more accurate to say that she'll never pass progressive legislation.

I'm sure she will get the TPP through as well as banking "reform" and also maybe a few authorizations for military force (if she even bothers to get them which she probably won't)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

punk rebel ecks posted:

She's essentially Obama, only a little more hawkish and lacks the rhetoric.

She is easily the 2nd best of all the candidates who have been running for president.

Jill Stein is running too dude

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Mudpuppy posted:

President Hillary won't cause me to loving die, so there's that.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i dont think voting for a candidate in the intermediate stages of parkinsons is wise

Uhh, it's really the terminal brain cancer putting pressure on Trumps sinuses that's making him sniffle.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Being undecided at this point makes you willfully ignorant and not moderate.

This has been the case for "moderates" in American politics for like decades.

Mange Mite posted:

I've never been much of a fan of the Green Party or Jill Stein.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

vyelkin posted:

She would be legit good, she's spent the last 40 years fighting for the rights of the weak against the powerful and has some cool ideas about how to improve the country

Is this a joke

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

The Glumslinger posted:

How was the first 20-30 minutes good for him? That was when the taxes stuff came up and exploded

The news media needs to make it close, it wasn't close at any point in the night but at least he wasn't making GBS threads himself and suggesting he didn't pay taxes, didn't pay people who work for him and possibly violated civil rights laws

thegoonofaudio
Mar 21, 2008

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i and all my friends are voting straight ticket republican, d&d. i hope this revelation proves to you that sometimes people believe differently than the hivemind does

:cry:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Bip Roberts posted:

Uhh, it's really the terminal brain cancer putting pressure on Trumps sinuses that's making him sniffle.

i believe youll find that trumps medical report is perfect

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

XyrlocShammypants posted:

The news media needs to make it close, it wasn't close at any point in the night but at least he wasn't making GBS threads himself and suggesting he didn't pay taxes, didn't pay people who work for him and possibly violated civil rights laws

I mean, he didn't fuckup the handshake

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Vermain posted:

That, "It's called business," line is gonna get plastered across every broadsheet by tomorrow.

Hillary missed an absolute killshot on that one, she should have said something like "to you it's business, but to the people who lost their jobs and homes it was their lives".

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

Too bad about Reagan bro.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

punk rebel ecks posted:

This has been the case for "moderates" in American politics for like decades.

I've never been much of a fan of the Green Party or Jill Stein.

Moderates are just truth is in the middle taken to the extreme.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

XyrlocShammypants posted:

but at least he wasn't making GBS threads himself and suggesting he didn't pay taxes, didn't pay people who work for him and possibly violated civil rights laws

He actually did these things, so I'll assume that was sarcasm!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fussydutchman1
Mar 25, 2016

Mange Mite posted:

and shes a loving moron.

• Locked thread