Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Gio posted:

My perspective is just as subjective and unscientific as yours. Voters end up voting based on deep-seated emotional biases, not on some calculus of "sick burns" + facts - lies & misinformation. I've given my reasoning already.

Is your reasoning in another thread? I haven't seen anything in this thread about why you think this way. Can you point me to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

trump is still digging in the spin room, MSNBC reporter relaying that he "held back on Bill's indiscretions because Chelsea was in the room"

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Mange Mite posted:

Jill Stein is running too dude

:laffo:

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

I'm loving this cartoon now because reality has literally been the opposite.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

patonthebach posted:

In real talk, I wonder if this debate had any influence whatsoever on undecided voters. We know Trump didnt lose any of his regulars. Would Hillary's grandma quips have changed any minds of people in the middle?

I think there is a (valid) distaste for bigotry that gets conflated with it being nonexistant. He's the first candidate in a long time that is speaking to a huge segment of voters. He's not loving up when he's saying this stuff. he's speaking to a huge (and awful) segment of america. Very directly in a way people haven't for a long time.

JosephPolaski
Jan 21, 2009
Most Australian political pundits are giving the win to Hillary but were also in agreeance that Trump clearly won the first 20 minutes or so which is meant to be the most important period of the debate.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i and all my friends are voting straight ticket republican, d&d. i hope this revelation proves to you that sometimes people believe differently than the hivemind does

If you're voting straight ticket anything, it proves that you are a part of a hivemind. Hope this helps.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

The Iron Rose posted:

I think she'll be the best President this country has ever had, and could ever have.

Whoa there hoss. Clinton should be a overwhelmingly good president but that's more than a little overselling. Her issues with transparency alone could provide for some unpleasant moments and precedents.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Phoenixan posted:

I'm loving this cartoon now because reality has literally been the opposite.

However he did correctly predict their outfits

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Moderates are just truth is in the middle taken to the extreme.

That or "I don't know much about politics so I'm going to assume both sides are bad and go with that."

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mudpuppy posted:

So do you all really think Hillary would be good for this country or just better than Trump? Serious question, askin for a friend
As a white suburbanite I rather vote for Hillary because I can vote for the status quo while also not feeling bad for dooming minorities to internment camps

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Scrapez posted:

If you're voting straight ticket anything, it proves that you are a part of a hivemind. Hope this helps.

it doesnt. thanks anyway though

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

And of course Charles Krauthammer gives this debate to Trump.

I'm glad he's taking a stand against the lieberal media.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The thing about Trumps composure: even if he stayed calm for the whole time that doesnt give him more preparation or policy positions. Instead of rambling angry answers, we would have had calm rambling Sarah Palin esque answers.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Big fan of HRC's policies in regards to autistic children and transition programs. As a parent of an autistic kid, I like that someone is acknowledging the programs are not sufficient.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

I think she'll be the best President this country has ever had, and could ever have.

this is a solid troll. fucklords take note

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

JosephPolaski posted:

Most Australian political pundits are giving the win to Hillary but were also in agreeance that Trump clearly won the first 20 minutes or so which is meant to be the most important period of the debate.

That's why, despite how the majority of pundits seem to be reacting now, he'll probably be the winner by tomorrow.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Being undecided at this point makes you willfully ignorant and not moderate.

Nice way to back up your claim UnfortunateSexFart (you don't back up your claim).

Neither candidate scratches the correct itch for me, and yes I'm absolutely a moderate. But tell me more about me (please don't I won't read it).

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

it doesnt. thanks anyway though

Nah that is the point of straight ticket, supporting the party above all else. It's also not inherently wrong.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Hillary will be legitimately really good, not even in comparison to Trump or anything, just in general.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Knyteguy posted:

Nice way to back up your claim UnfortunateSexFart (you don't back up your claim).

Neither candidate scratches the correct itch for me, and yes I'm absolutely a moderate. But tell me more about me (please don't I won't read it).

White huh

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Mange Mite posted:

Jill Stein is running too dude

Your point being?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Knyteguy posted:

That's because both are actually right-wing candidates

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

If anything, Trump's psycho performance makes me want him to be president even more. I want to live in interesting times.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/TuurDemeester/status/780604273998569472

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

paperwind posted:

He actually did these things, so I'll assume that was sarcasm!

He did those things after the first 20 minutes

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

My two favorite takes from Twitter tonight

https://twitter.com/DCHomos/status/780600038120644608

https://twitter.com/UNTParties/status/780592935041572864

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

If anything, Trump's psycho performance makes me want him to be president even more. I want to live in interesting times.

Great to know that you're willing to gently caress over minorities for a laugh.

Trump needed to show that he could act like a competent adult to maybe get people to overlook what a horrible human being he is and sway them his side.

He really didn't do that, between talking over the moderator, yelling at the moderator, and bad mouthing the moderator when he tried to do his job and point out that he was past his two minutes, talking over Hillary, freaking out whenever a (true, fact checking it myself) point was made regarding his lovely conduct and history, and generally just being how I figured he'd be.

Gonna say that Hillary is the better candidate if I was to judge that debate. But that's because she actually conducted herself with a bit of decency and forethought instead of flying off the handle any time someone pointed out any potential character flaws.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 27, 2016

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

The only major point Trump is willing to address is the economy and foreign relations as they relate to monetary subjects. If he were campaigning for Secretary of the Treasury this would be great but he's campaigning for the POTUS. I think that when it comes to monetary concerns, he would probably make a better president than Hillary Clinton. I think that in almost all other major concerns, Hillary would be the better president.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i dont think voting for a candidate in the intermediate stages of parkinsons is wise

agreed, im not voting for trump either!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Archonex posted:

The white motto

lfield
May 10, 2008

Archonex posted:

I don't want it to happen, but I'd love a peek into the alternate reality where it does happen.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Knyteguy posted:

Just keep telling yourself that. Maybe someone will actually believe you.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Knyteguy posted:

its cool that you're fine with a Trump/Pence presidency. It takes hugeballs to say that.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Listening to Keeping it 1600

They said Brit Hume just said Hillary looked composed smug and not very attractive.

Anyone catch Brit Hume saying that?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
Trump really is the most American president ever and should win.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Scrapez posted:

The only major point Trump is willing to address is the economy and foreign relations as they relate to monetary subjects. If he were campaigning for Secretary of the Treasury this would be great but he's campaigning for the POTUS. I think that when it comes to monetary concerns, he would probably make a better president than Hillary Clinton. I think that in almost all other major concerns, Hillary would be the better president.

I honestly think that Trump doesn't really understand the concept of money. Or of numbers for that matter. He was all over the place during the debate with numbers and it was completely nonsensical.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mudpuppy posted:

I feel like this might not be sincere

Why not? I'm being sincerely unironic. I legitimately think that she will be the best president in American history, and I think that, in addition, that Hillary Clinton is the best possible candidate for President. If I could chose, out of every single person in this country, I would choose her.

E: sincerely unironic

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Scrapez posted:

Trump only knows about monetary subjects as far as loving other people over to enrich himself.

• Locked thread