Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
View Results

• Locked thread
Xenophanes
Nov 8, 2015

Cnut the Great posted:

He's melted down much more catastrophically during several primary debates. He wasn't anywhere close to where he was during that debate where he got in a fight with Jeb about his brother's culpability for 9/11. I literally felt sick to my stomach during that debate watching Donald become so red-faced and unhinged, contemplating the possibility that someone with that kind of temper could become president. That, at least, didn't happen this time. He was just kind of rambly and visibly irritated.

Yeah, I think he performed almost to expectations. I think the problem was, if anything, that he was too responsive and was therefore made to look truly weak in several instances. I think if he'd just rambled forcefully about nothing the whole time and maybe exploited Hillary's contempt in some way, he could've had a legit tie. I think all the people who say it's like watching a patient pre-school teacher deal with a petulant student or a debate between the kid who cracked the readings on the bus vs a teacher's pet underestimate how many people empathize overwhelmingly with the former. Trump has unleashed people's sense of aggrievement at being talked down to their whole lives, about being controlled by "experts" and their self-proclaimed "facts." Add in the newly significant demographic of muscular nihilists who constitute the alt-right, and you have a lot of people who don't take anything negative away from a debate like that. Hillary did well though, she managed to respond to the salient bits of his incoherence and successfully keep the parts they actually interacted about mostly on her home turf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

oh god i can't wait for the nielsen ratings

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Moderator face palm should totally count on the bingo card. I'm almost positive Holt hit his cough button too late before he started scoffing at Trump's statement about supporting the winner.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/780605821520646144

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

i love how he says she's been saying stuff for years, nothing has happened

she hasn't been the loving dictator for 20 years lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

My white working class family that's been democratic loyalists since Al Smith agrees unanimously that Hillary Clinton won.

I've also killed a bottle of wine.

What's up Cspam

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

hahahahhaahahahahah

Xenophanes
Nov 8, 2015
self-quote

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

triple sulk posted:

"They're in, sir."
"And?"
"It's just a card that says, 'Yes.'"
"...huh."

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Maureen Dowd on PBS must watch catty as all hell, mentioned Trump being on substances "maybe"

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rynn posted:

West Side representin'

hell yea :hfive:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Brian Williams trying to get his credibility back by grilling Fat Reek

The Main Stream Media is desperately trying to stop Trump for getting elected legitimately. They are sane people who realize while Trump won't nuke the world, he's a gigantic loving idiot and is going to engage almost purposeful misrule.

Taking obvious digs at Christey is far too little, far to late.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

triple sulk posted:

The NBC News youtube channel has like 850k viewers when I started watching. I'm surprised the internet didn't meltdown.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

sir. sir we're out of chicken nuggets. sir I don't think

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/RobertMackey/status/780600337296199680

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Xenophanes posted:

Yeah, I think he performed almost to expectations. I think the problem was, if anything, that he was too responsive and was therefore made to look truly weak in several instances. I think if he'd just rambled forcefully about nothing the whole time and maybe exploited Hillary's contempt in some way, he could've had a legit tie. I think all the people who say it's like watching a patient pre-school teacher deal with a petulant student or a debate between the kid who cracked the readings on the bus vs a teacher's pet underestimate how many people empathize overwhelmingly with the former. Trump has unleashed people's sense of aggrievement at being talked down to their whole lives, about being controlled by "experts" and their self-proclaimed "facts." Add in the newly significant demographic of muscular nihilists who constitute the alt-right, and you have a lot of people who don't take anything negative away from a debate like that. Hillary did well though, she managed to respond to the salient bits of his incoherence and successfully keep the parts they actually interacted about mostly on her home turf.

you should probably stop drinking paint thinner

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
out in the streets they call it muuuurrrdeeeerrrr

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I am exhausted

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Atrocious Joe posted:

My white working class family that's been democratic loyalists since Al Smith agrees unanimously that Hillary Clinton won.

I've also killed a bottle of wine.

What's up Cspam

:whatup:

half a bottle of whiskey thanks to trump and 3 beers in, i still have 3 to go

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Trump told MSNBC he's def gonna do the next debate

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

tinstaach posted:

what a loving coward

Here's the video
https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/780603775845367808

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
jeff sessions is the maddest person alive at mike pence

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

logikv9 posted:

he's a fact check: christie is a fat gently caress

we found the guy doing the cyber

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
"lol" Going back to 1881 for a birther parallel

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

urgh that was kinda sexist she's just incsive as hell and doesn't give a poo poo unless the topic at hand is a weed brownie

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I love how he thinks that bringing up Bill's indiscretions will score him points next time.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/ppppolls/status/780606373495209985

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

yes jeff lord talk about 19th century birtherism for white dudes, it's totally the same

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
i feel like dancing right now jvst

holy fvck

jvst

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Is the strategy to try and not make tomorrow's headlines "Trump got his rear end beat badly" and instead make them "Trump is an rear end in a top hat"?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

:smugdon: Man did you see how much restraint I showed?
Campaign Manager: :suicide:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

jeff sessions is the maddest person alive at mike pence

what happen

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
jeffrey lord has pivoted back to "democrats are the real racists" and van jones is about to stab him in the neck

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

gonna continue with my mid-debate mindset

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

This dumb rear end lady. It made her more sure?

LOL loving WHAT

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

CSPAN caller voting for Trump because "he has a brain that is capable of thinking".

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

i feel like dancing right now just

holy gently caress

just

goddamn same

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Lastgirl posted:

i feel like dancing right now jvst

holy fvck

jvst

yeah

yvah

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I was getting a little high on victory here; these c-spam trump callers are helping keep me grounded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/DylanByers/status/780604147452305409

• Locked thread