Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
MSNBC Just had a panel of swing voters in Ohio ie. The stupidest people with no opinions or convictions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Scrapez posted:

The only major point Trump is willing to address is the economy and foreign relations as they relate to monetary subjects. If he were campaigning for Secretary of the Treasury this would be great but he's campaigning for the POTUS. I think that when it comes to monetary concerns, he would probably make a better president than Hillary Clinton. I think that in almost all other major concerns, Hillary would be the better president.

You know, he keeps talking about financial issues, but his actual history of bankruptcies, non-payment of contractors, and the tax evasion he just admitted to during the debate probably wouldn't make him the best candidate on monetary concerns.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Scrapez posted:

The only major point Trump is willing to address is the economy and foreign relations as they relate to monetary subjects. If he were campaigning for Secretary of the Treasury this would be great but he's campaigning for the POTUS. I think that when it comes to monetary concerns, he would probably make a better president than Hillary Clinton. I think that in almost all other major concerns, Hillary would be the better president.

It's the economy, stupid

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
18/20 Florida undecideds on CNN said Hillary won

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Rexicon1 posted:

MSNBC Just had a panel of swing voters in Ohio ie. The stupidest people with no opinions or convictions.

And what did they say

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
18 of 20 morons who are undecided in Florida said Clinton won

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

CNN:

Of focus group of 20 people 18 people said Clinton won.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
Wow, 3600+ posts. I wish I could have had fun playing debate bingo at the bar with real life goons and follow this thread at the same time.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Mange Mite posted:

It's the economy, stupid

"That's business"

Followed by one of the most devastating ice burns i've heard out of a candidate as the huge number of people the recession destroyed financially as a result of "that business" were mentioned.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Sep 27, 2016

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Rexicon1 posted:

and? could they put their pants on correctly?

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!
Today I chose to play children's video games with my old college roommate instead of watch the debate. I do not regret that decision.

However, now I do not have any desire to watch a replay of the debate. Is there a good summary of the debate already posted/linked to in this thread? The OP has not been updated.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

If anything, Trump's psycho performance makes me want him to be president even more. I want to live in interesting times.

President Trump slumps off the plane in Moscow, his jowls still glistening with the sheen of Putin's admirable vigor.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
lol holy poo poo this Bernie supporter is a shithead. Was disappointed Trump didn't reach out to the loving millennials jesus H

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Scrapez posted:

yes I also believe the candidate who would try to negotiate the debt down would be the best purely fiscal candidate, and am also a huge retard too

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i and all my friends are voting straight ticket republican, d&d. i hope this revelation proves to you that sometimes people believe differently than the hivemind does

You're a brainwashed fool, and i hope that this election helps you withdraw from the RWM echo chamber long enough to form your own ideas.

Hth

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
megyn kelly just called trump's good friend sean hannity not a journalist :laffo:

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I already have a boner for the Anderson Cooper debate. That man single handedly legitimizes CNN as a news outlet.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Mange Mite posted:

And what did they say

Literally nothing, no clear support for either candidate, just like air leaving their mouths with hints of tribalism.

A fat lady called Trump a jack rear end though.

e: It just confirms what we are all saying that debates don't matter. No one cares really.

Rexicon1 fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Sep 27, 2016

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Ritualistic human sacrifice is apparently still a thing because I just saw a man get his heart carved out on live television.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Lead out in cuffs posted:

You know, he keeps talking about financial issues, but his actual history of bankruptcies, non-payment of contractors, and the tax evasion he just admitted to during the debate probably wouldn't make him the best candidate on monetary concerns.

Well, to that end, I think he's a terrible person but I think he's a good business man that exploits the rules in his favor. The fact that he knows the loopholes for corporations puts him in a position to close them. Whether he would really do that or not is the question and even if he did, he's going to lower corporate tax burden to the point that it offsets the money they have to pay to keep jobs in the U.S.

Corporations will just end up pocketing the tax benefits and making due with less employees so in the end, they'll get richer and no jobs will be created.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Republican strategists desperate to say he won 30 minutes, but not very genuine or convincingly

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
donald trump is super obviously on some type of speed and I don't understand why more people aren't pointing it out.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

God of Evil Cows posted:

Today I chose to play children's video games with my old college roommate instead of watch the debate. I do not regret that decision.

However, now I do not have any desire to watch a replay of the debate. Is there a good summary of the debate already posted/linked to in this thread? The OP has not been updated.

https://twitter.com/DAbitty/status/780587738655404032

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/780597846814982144

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

TheBigAristotle posted:

lol holy poo poo this Bernie supporter is a shithead. Was disappointed Trump didn't reach out to the loving millennials jesus H

yeah holy poo poo she is probably actually mentally handicapped

also lmao one of the guys just admitted he's not even a little bit undecided

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I'm the clearly decided voter pretending to be undecided to get into the CNN room

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Republican strategists desperate to say he won 30 minutes, but not very genuine or convincingly

"Well most people only watched the first 20 or 30 minutes, and Trump did well there."
- Republicans

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Scrapez posted:

Well, to that end, I think he's a terrible person but I think he's a good business man

What? No.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Haha this idiot on CNN

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
These people in panels aren't undecided voters. They are uninformed and ignorant voters. Big difference

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/GhetoSpongebob/status/780604351920254976

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
God drat Hugh Hewitt is a massive loving shill. Might hang himself if/when Trump loses.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

XyrlocShammypants posted:

this the stuart smalley sounding guy that looks like he was some young reagan staffer who can't come to terms with aging?

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Is your reasoning in another thread? I haven't seen anything in this thread about why you think this way. Can you point me to it?

Here, I'll repeat it and even elaborate.

Trump is using the same tactics that allowed him to steamroll the empty suits in the Republican primary, which is to make himself out to be the righteous bully depantsing empty suited politicians spitting out regurgitated, unauthentic robot-speak. Yes, he's a loving incoherent idiot. It doesn't matter. He's gutteral, aggressive. She's...Hillary--another Jeb, another Rubio, another Romney.

He destroyed her the first half hour, which is all that really matters since that was probably about the time people decided they'd rather watch Monday Night Football.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm the clearly decided voter pretending to be undecided to get into the CNN room

Real talk I would do this provided the anchor was an attractive female.

I am what's wrong with mankind.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Things Ive heard so far post debate:

"Clinton was getting softball questions conpared to Trump."

"This was Trumps first 1v1 debate compared to Clintons 15th. In that regards I thibk he did well."

:lol:

How can anyone think Trump actually won that?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Jastiger posted:

These people in panels aren't undecided voters. They are uninformed and ignorant voters. Big difference

No, same loving thing.

Lukewarm Gazpacho
Aug 8, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Iron Rose posted:

Why not? I'm being sincerely unironic. I legitimately think that she will be the best president in American history, and I think that, in addition, that Hillary Clinton is the best possible candidate for President. If I could chose, out of every single person in this country, I would choose her.

E: sincerely unironic

There is no topping Millard Fillmore

furiouskoala
Aug 4, 2007
Trump won handily. When Clinton tried to call out Trump she seemed like the nerd trying to talk smart to a bully.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
"I'm not owned! I'm not owned!"

https://twitter.com/GoogleTrends/status/780601327860580353

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speng31b
May 8, 2010

furiouskoala posted:

Trump won handily. When Clinton tried to call out Trump she seemed like the nerd trying to talk smart to a bully.

Said literally noone.

• Locked thread