Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
View Results

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

anotherone posted:

like auto-brewery syndrome except amphetamines

that's not a thing and how do i infect myself with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

MariusLecter posted:

1oz Mezcal
4oz grapefruit nectar
1oz lemon juice

Trumps bitter defeat

alternatively: a tiny paloma fit for tiny hands

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

CaptainYesterday posted:

I have come to the realization that Donald Trump's campaign is a lot like Texas A&M football these past few years. Both start as a joke, then surprise everyone with early wins, and hey, they might win it all! Then it turns to autumn, and the momentum comes to a screeching halt.

Somebody turn this into the Trump campaign roller coaster

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Sudo Echo posted:

https://twitter.com/recordsANDradio/status/780606272487956480?s=09

trump denies saying thing he said minutes before viewed by millions.

lmao

He is literally a character from Arrested Development. Why are 45% of Americans going to vote for him?

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

papersack posted:

Are the first debates the most watched?

did someone say yes already? cause yes

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Reason posted:

like, G.W. came off as a redneck idiot everyman type dude. And like, maybe D Tru is trying to that but its not working out? I can't believe he's nearly as much of an idiot as he appears though, I just can't. How can someone get to that position and not be able to control their loving mouth?

Donald is the most extreme example of a common form of business man who originally gets to their position purely through nepotism and never learns a single skill except blindly mirroring and intensifying what people around them are saying and acting super confident about it despite having no loving idea what is going on or where they are.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

I still have 3 more beers to finish

and i have at least that many kate bush gifs to watch now

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Sean Hannity's meltdown has been beautiful.

He just had that Ghoulsby guy on to basically laugh at him and say 'you lost you lost nya nya' and call him a 'rich professor who eats steak and doesn't care about the poor'

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Tatum Girlparts posted:

He just had that Ghoulsby guy on to basically laugh at him and say 'you lost you lost nya nya' and call him a 'rich professor who eats steak and doesn't care about the poor'

god what the gently caress am i gonna watch on election night

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Reason posted:

like, G.W. came off as a redneck idiot everyman type dude. And like, maybe D Tru is trying to that but its not working out? I can't believe he's nearly as much of an idiot as he appears though, I just can't. How can someone get to that position and not be able to control their loving mouth?

it's actually an advantage in some forms of business to be a double mouthed sociopath. trump got his first big deal by convincing lenders he had secured tax breaks, and then went and secured the tax breaks by pointing out all the lenders he had lined up. he lied until the deal worked, and it doesn't matter who said what behind closed doors

i used to work for a software company where the ceo would regularly promise potential customers that our software met their requirements, and then when the meeting was over we'd desperately scramble to hack in their requirements until we could get their money and tell them to gently caress off. like seriously just lying and half assing works pretty well in the short term, which is kind of all that matters

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Burned.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Tatum Girlparts posted:

That was great. I am looking for the CBS poll he kept going on about.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Can the second debate be any more of a shitshow, is the real question we have now

I predict: yes, yes it can

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Wasn't there a moment where he said "I have a great temperament" and the audience burst into laughter

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Can you really call "Best two out of three" when you fail miserably in round one jacked up on cocaine?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

i wouldn't exactly check the trump toxx thread if I were you~

oh word they're animals trying real hard to pretend they aren't th the latest to fall for contemptable neoliberal fascism? Oh word....

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Booyah- posted:

Wasn't there a moment where he said "I have a great temperament" and the audience burst into laughter

Yes

Audience members asked why they laughed: *more laughter* he has a terrible temperament

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fix posted:

That was great. I am looking for the CBS poll he kept going on about.

I. Am. A. Robot. I. Am. Hillary Clinton. ~ A grown man who thinks his opinion matters

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

last time around i perfectly timed the msnbc-fox switchover to get the megny kelly rovecucking of a generation but i can't imagine i can be blindly lucky twice in a row

i need a plan

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

zen death robot posted:

Trump is gonna overdo it at the next debate and gently caress it up even more

The bit when he's like "well I could've said something nasty but I didn't" makes me think he was about 2 minutes away from saying "oval office" on national TV

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

paranoid randroid posted:

oh word they're animals trying real hard to pretend they aren't th the latest to fall for contemptable neoliberal fascism? Oh word....

lmbo

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

So breitbart and r/the donald are pretty loving funny / depressing right now

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

FOX, MSNBC, and reddit/4chan/8chan depending on how strong your stomach is.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Lol Twitter feed getting peeps twitting how both trump and Hillary lost woe is America Vote stein or Johnson or some poo poo lol

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I feel like if Trump had just responded to every question by talking deeply and knowingly about Right Said Fred's decision to release three EPs before ever releasing an actual LP, long after their fame ran out, that he would have come off better.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"God please don't let me be owned!!" screamed some dumb son of a bitch bastard with a tower under his name

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Reason posted:

Are you still planning on voting third party?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

How about the Star Wars holiday special?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Rob Lowe surprisingly demonstrated on Colbert's Late Show why undecided voters are idiots

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

I'll admit this was the first presidential debate to ever give me a coke craving

euphemism
Nov 16, 2015

be kind, don't rewind

cohsae posted:

So breitbart and r/the donald are pretty loving funny / depressing right now

link me some choice tears

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

jarofpiss posted:

I'll admit this was the first presidential debate to ever give me a coke craving

https://twitter.com/GovHowardDean/status/780588448470163456

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

jarofpiss posted:

Sniff

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

Are you still planning on voting third party?

yeah, probably. I'm not a big fan of Hillary Clinton or either the Democratic or Republican party in general. I can without any doubts say that Hillary destroyed Donald Trump, but I feel like almost anyone with any sort of public speaking debate background and a reasonable prep team could have blown Donald up at this point. The scary thing about Hillary(in this debate, to me) is how sure she sounds when she talks about military action in the Middle East. I really, really wish she was debating a real candidate because ugh I just want to hear some actual arguments.

I liked watching Bernie/Hillary debates because it felt like a real political argument was happening, but Hillary/Trump is just like a madman raving at a camera while a sane person explains why he's wrong.

Doorknob Slobber has issued a correction as of 06:25 on Sep 27, 2016

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

euphemism posted:

link me some choice tears

*throws arms wide to encompass all of creation* Take your pick! They're all super mad!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

trump: the rent is too drat high

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

haha howard dean owns.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

"I stiffed that guy who made pianos for me because of shoddy workmanship." -djt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

w

Lastgirl posted:

Rob Lowe surprisingly demonstrated on Colbert's Late Show why undecided voters are idiots

what happened

• Locked thread