Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

LazyAngel posted:

I LazyAngel, in a fit of probably-misplaced optimism oath 16 dwarf warriors (by MOM Miniatures, 28mm), and one 15mm school bus (by Hawk Wargames)

The dwarf shields have been primed metallic, everything else is yet to be primed.

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Came along quite quickly, especially given the fact you can cheat a bit when they're ranked up, which hides some of the mistakes. The yellow bus... well, obviously for the challenge this month I had to paint something, but hated every minute of it. Still, did make some change from an endless line of dwarves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000

Luebbi posted:

I, Luebbi, Oath for September - one Privateer Press Raek

Not much this month, planning a vacation.

[Oath Complete!

also claiming technical challenge!

Didn't get much painting done this month, and due to an upcoming eye operation I don't expect next month to be any better. Maybe I'll be back in the swing of things in November.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I, enri, hereby oath to paint... a single epic scale land raider (of the imperial fists chapter, out of necessity)

I've really struggled to find anything I wanted to paint this month, especially something in yellow, so this is the oath thread equivalent of 'phoning it in' I'm afraid :(

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

I, headlor, oath 1 Infinity Nomad Mobile Brigada for September.

Leaving it late in the month again!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath one Zond (40mm), four USAriadna Grunts, and one USAriadna Marauder, all by Corvus Belli.

I'm going for It's a Rescue with the Marauder. I was slammed last month and tried to do a last-minute oath, only to realize I didn't take a before picture, so it wasn't valid for being an oath. If this isn't valid for a rescue, lemme know and I'll cut him out.

Oath Complete!

Claiming the September Technical Challenge, Squad Goals, and It's a Rescue.

The Grunt 4-pack is a squad, and the Marauder is my rescue.

Man, gently caress yellow. And gently caress taking pictures outside this time of year, it's even brighter than it was during the summer.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
I, Ledgem, Oath 1 privateer press alligator

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

thespaceinvader posted:

Oath Complete

Claiming the Jurnal because... well, it's yellow. I decided taxi rather than school bus though.

It's also a conversion, in case that matters, for the magnet mod on the manoeuvring fins.

Might make an addition later on, I have the model waiting which I primed ready for August and didn't have time to complete.

(It's Korben's taxi from 5th Element. And I don't loving know what happened to the white balance on some of these, it was fine on most of them)
Additional Oath Complete

(This is mega rushed and I'm not that happy with it, but better done than not, right now)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

OATH ADDITION

One dragon hatchling black from Reaper (25mm)

NTRabbit posted:

Terrain painting continues, this time onto the Deadzone group

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for September

A helipad, train station, 6" container, 6" walkway, and 9" bridge by Underground Lasers (28mm)

(still to come in future oaths: Train group, Prison group, Wolsung group, 'original' group, 10/15mm group, Reaper+Acheson group, Worldsmith group)

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Oath Complete!

Nothing fancy this month!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bah I'm gonna fail my oath this month. I can probably get two ships done by the end of the week but life is getting into my painting time and I'm not enjoying forcing myself to paint stuff.. :(

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Don't say you're failing your oath until the month is done, slackers! :argh:

Speaking of which, Oath complete

I am claiming the challenge for this month, because just look at how yellow this loving guy is. I missed painting yellow lizards!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
I start to feel like I'm getting pretty good at painting until I see what you guys pump out. Looks great.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete

Yellow Jurnul Challenge:

Backstory
George always journeyed with his master, the man in the yellow hat. George had always been with him as long as he remembered. George's master wandered around enforcing the law, and George helped where he could. Often George would wander off and find where people had piled various things. Georges master was very happy when George found certain things and rewarded George with treats. George loves his master, the man in the yellow hat.

Dickpunk for the Steampunk robot

Pash fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Sep 28, 2016

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Ugh, forgot to post this.

I, wdarkk, Oath one Eden's Dinosaur for Dropzone Commander (Hawk Wargames, Resin, 10mm).

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, Oath to paint the following in September:

4 Galwegians from Corvus Belli's Infinity
Rafkin from Wyrd's Malifaux

Aaaaaaaand, OATH COMPLETE

And I gotta say, I'm SUPER happy with the final results. Here's the group shot:

Here's Rafkin

Always have a hard time painting the older metal Malifaux models, but overall I'm happy with him. Especially the Joker-inspired clothes, and pinstripe pants :p

And the Galwegians

Pretty much just copied the studio scheme as close as I could (I'm obviously no Angel haha), but super happy with these guys. Especially the teeny tiny tartan haha.

Claiming Jurnal for the patterns on the kilts.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

NTRabbit posted:

OATH ADDITION

One dragon hatchling black from Reaper (25mm)

SPEED PAINT

Will quote it all again when taking a proper photo for my final oath complete post

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oath Failed!

I've been sitting on this guy for a month, tried to paint some tonight and I am just not feeling it. I am in no way excited to paint this fig :(

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

TheFinalTuba posted:

:eyepop:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

TheFinalTuba posted:

And the Galwegians

Pretty much just copied the studio scheme as close as I could (I'm obviously no Angel haha), but super happy with these guys. Especially the teeny tiny tartan haha.

These guys own, just thought you should be aware of that.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

Here is the command squad and Medic
I can't use the second medic, so I've made them up as casualty/wound markers for FoW Vietnam! I'm also planning on using my two "Hal Mores" as FO's for the big guns off map.
Recycling!

1st and 2nd Platoons - now all I need to do is paint three times as many NVA soldiers!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
++OATH COMPLETE++

I like how my speeder looks like a Batmobile but it ended up being strictly a tabletop model, nothing special.

The warmachine thing, though, is one of my favorite models I've ever painted. It was my first time using powders and oils and holy poo poo, I'm so happy with the effects.

Claiming dickpunk I guess for the robit. No thanks on the yellow, ugh.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!

William Wallace's Kilt is my Journal, going for the plaid.

Neoterran Bolts, from the Cyberpunk world of Infinity are my Dickpunk entry

Model I obviously cared the least about, but she's done!

Really happy with how the more Leonine-version of the Morat came out.

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?
Oath Complete for September!

And I have some janky pictures as proof!

Claiming Jurnal on the yellow kilts on the trolls.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, being of sound mind, do Oath that I will paint these 5 River Horse 28mm Terminator Crawlers.

Edit: I apologise for the delay between taking the photo & uploading (plus the poor quality) - my phone was being uncooperative.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 28, 2016

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Signal posted:

Really happy with how the more Leonine-version of the Morat came out.
loving awesome. The only thing stopping me from following your sking/mane scheme is that it wouldn't fit the big pile of old-style Morats I have and love.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Oath Complete!

The Kilts are my Journal

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I, KPC_Mammon, oath that I'll paint this 2nd edition Warhammer 40k Space Marine (28mm) from Games Workshop.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

KPC_Mammon posted:

I, KPC_Mammon, oath that I'll paint this 2nd edition Warhammer 40k Space Marine (28mm) from Games Workshop.

Oath Complete!

Technical Challenge: Yellow
Speed Painting!

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

Oath complete!

Claiming the technical challenge for the goblin's yellow robes.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ok, while my minis dry, I'm going to post my WIP images!

This is sort of stage one. It may have been unclear in the initial Oath post, but they were all primed with Humbrol Primer. This is me midway through basecoating them with Boltgun metal - unfortunately I could only do half at a time.

Here's stage two, layered with Runefang Steel.

And stage 3 - (aka Yvonmukluk botches the job with the facial details), with bleached bone for the teeth, Humbrol 19 for the eyes, and coated in Nuln Oil for overall shading. Currently drying off with the paints lined up for reference. Memo to self - get a detail brush.

I think in hindsight perhaps I should have chosen Ironbreaker as my layer of choice. Other than that, looks pretty good for not having painted a mini in years imo.

Edit: You know what, I think they've dried now.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, being of sound mind, do Oath that I will paint these 5 River Horse 28mm Terminator Crawlers.

Edit: I apologise for the delay between taking the photo & uploading (plus the poor quality) - my phone was being uncooperative.
Oath Complete!

I think I claimed a hat-trick of bonuses:
#squadgoals
WIP
Speed Painting

Hopefully I can improve my crappy minis photography as well as my painting in the course of my oathing.
Almost wish I'd waited until the weekend to get the October theme challenge (Terminators count as monsters, right?). Oh well, plenty more (and more functional) where they came from...

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 29, 2016

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Only two more nights of painting to finish, poo poo is getting intense!

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETED

Not enough yellow on them for the technical challenge but :effort:

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these four Guild Ball models: Ballista, Salvo, Velocity and good ol' Bally. All are from Steamforged Games and are 30mm.

head58 fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Sep 30, 2016

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Uroboros posted:

Only two more nights of painting to finish, poo poo is getting intense!

I had my stuff painted weeks ago. I took pictures of it days ago. I'm in reach of both my camera and laptop many, many times.

I'll upload it tomorrow.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Oath Complete!

Yeah, that's right, Punks love Dick...Dick Butt, that is! :downsrim:

quote:

Kevin had searched the quantum noise for hours, and had yet to find any image, icon, or slogan that could adequately express his contempt for the Axiom's iron-fisted attempts to control Aetherium. He was getting desperate - the protest was tomorrow. He couldn't very well show up with an empty sign - all the other Picketers in his Subroutine would laugh. And then, like a bolt from the blue, trolling an old archive from the internets-before, he found it; it was so ridiculous, so absurd, that he knew in an instant it was perfect. He'd show those Axiom assholes something ancient, something irreverent, something...awful. This would be his message to the Axiom - try all you want, but Aetherium would always be free, especially for dick-jokes.

I am obviously claiming:
Technical Challenge for the yellow motorcycle (plus also, gently caress whoever came up with this month's challenge)
Theme Challenge for the motorcycle - it even has black stripes like a school bus!
Backstory for the Aetherium Picketer

I also claim "Master Shitposter" for responding to a dick joke with another dick joke.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath complete!

Demons, the yellow guy is for the month's challenge.

Dannon Blythe, Bull, and Colbie Sterling

Widowmakers

Heroes for Descent

Analyst and executive, classing it up

Finally, the Haqqislam starter box.

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath complete!

Challenge
He's the yellowest bananagator ever!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Red Shoe posted:

Oath complete!

Finally, the Haqqislam starter box.

I the guy on the left wearing rear end-less chaps?

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Grey Hunter posted:

All chaps are rear end-less. If they had an rear end, they'd be called "pants." :P

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!

Grey Hunter posted:

Nah, his khakis are just showing through. Armor can't get in the way of him showing off his buns of steel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Ilor posted:

All chaps are rear end-less. If they had an rear end, they'd be called "pants." :P

Red Shoe posted:

Nah, his khakis are just showing through. Armor can't get in the way of him showing off his buns of steel.

Oh, so it is him pants then.

Shame he can't afford trousers to cover them.....

;)

(I know its just how the colour scheme/mini works, but I found it amusing, and would make up for a lot of the sexypose Infinity stuff.)

• Locked thread