Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

The Super Shenlong that comes out of the super dragon balls ate entire galaxies as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Rutibex posted:

Goku Black is Zamasu. Remember that there are three timelines, not just two. The original where the androids kill everyone and Cell kills Trunks, the one where Trunks kills Cell, and the past where DB Super is taking place now.

Goku Black is the Zamasu from the timeline where Trunks is dead. He had no one to oppose him, so he killed everyone in that alternate existence. He then used the ring of time to jump into the timeline where Trunks is alive and help out the Zamasu there. Finish the job by eliminating all mortals in all timelines.

:eyepop:

this is probably the best theory I've seen so far, and it makes total sense, somehow

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
where do all these zamasu keep getting their obsession with goku from if he's dead in 2/3

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Law Cheetah posted:

where do all these zamasu keep getting their obsession with goku from if he's dead in 2/3

Whenever Goku's not around all the other characters are asking "where's Goku?"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

sassassin posted:

Whenever Goku's not around all the other characters are asking "where's Goku?"

Goku does have access to a time machine and a skateboard.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gowasu is Goku Black. He gets the Super Dragonballs to wish back Zamasu and turns himself into Goku.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Rutibex posted:

Goku Black is the Zamasu from the timeline where Trunks is dead. He had no one to oppose him, so he killed everyone in that alternate existence. He then used the ring of time to jump into the timeline where Trunks is alive and help out the Zamasu there. Finish the job by eliminating all mortals in all timelines.

Man that Cell killed Trunks timeline must be the absolute worse. Like, shittier than Future Trunks' timeline as bad as that one is currently. I always wondered about that timeline so it's pretty cool it maybe brought up in Super.

To add to that theory, during their tea party Immortal Zamasu brought up that Goku being alive and coming back is actually beneficial to Black and since Goku is only alive in our present timeline it kind of makes sense. Still doesn't answer the question as to why nobody in those timelines tried to stop Black since most of the Z Warriors would have kept their bodies in the afterlife but since Black knew who Vegeta and Beerus were the first time he turned up and met Goku for the first time also I'm guessing Black may have put in that work and killed anyone that maybe a problem to him in the afterlife too.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Man that Cell killed Trunks timeline must be the absolute worse. Like, shittier than Future Trunks' timeline as bad as that one is currently. I always wondered about that timeline so it's pretty cool it maybe brought up in Super.

To add to that theory, during their tea party Immortal Zamasu brought up that Goku being alive and coming back is actually beneficial to Black and since Goku is only alive in our present timeline it kind of makes sense. Still doesn't answer the question as to why nobody in those timelines tried to stop Black since most of the Z Warriors would have kept their bodies in the afterlife but since Black knew who Vegeta and Beerus were the first time he turned up and met Goku for the first time also I'm guessing Black may have put in that work and killed anyone that maybe a problem to him in the afterlife too.

That timeline might actually be okay, I think? I mean, the androids are dead, and Cell hosed off to the past/alternate universe to go get killed, so there really wouldn't have been any threats left to stop people from rebuilding. Hell, even Buu probably didn't get revived since there weren't any superhumans left to attract Babidi to Earth or tasty super saiyans to feed on.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Waiting for U10's God of Destruction Wyno to show up and go "Yo, why is U7's GoD popping in here and derezzing one of the Kaioshin?"

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Spiritus Nox posted:

That timeline might actually be okay, I think? I mean, the androids are dead, and Cell hosed off to the past/alternate universe to go get killed, so there really wouldn't have been any threats left to stop people from rebuilding. Hell, even Buu probably didn't get revived since there weren't any superhumans left to attract Babidi to Earth or tasty super saiyans to feed on.

Hmm...That's actually a good point. Plus no Frieza revival since the last of his army couldn't even find Namek. I actually would love that since that implies that the Saiyan arms race to become stronger is actually a detriment to Earthlings as opposed to saving them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hmm...That's actually a good point. Plus no Frieza revival since the last of his army couldn't even find Namek. I actually would love that since that implies that the Saiyan arms race to become stronger is actually a detriment to Earthlings as opposed to saving them.

That's kind of explicitly been the case. Goku wanted to stay off Earth for that reason and mysteriously the day he comes back they end up unleashing the ultimate evil.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

People seem to forget that Zamasu is very explicitly NOT from Goku's Universe or anything. He's from Universe 10. No one in Trunks' timeline's afterlife is going to have access to Universe 10's, one way or the other. Their Supreme Kai is dead, their Beerus is dead, their Whis has no reason to give a poo poo about Earth, no one above Kami-level has bothered to intervene for one planet in the past*, and Zamasu's own overseer is dead.

Assuming that multiverse theory includes the separate universes in the timelines, then Future Zamasu's Universe 10 is where he fled from so no one has oversight over him. Future 7's has no one in the positions of Beerus and Supreme Kai, so he's free to do what he wants there.

If we assume that multiverse theory only splinters the timeline of ONE universe, then Future Zamasu is the same as the one Beerus just killed, but because his past includes something like "Wished to be impossible to kill/vaporize/etc" from Super Shenron, even erasing his past won't override that. He's an anomaly, and can't be erased by Beerus because he cheated.

Of course, there's always the question of what timeline is the offshoot, isn't there? Afterall, Trunks has only travel away from his timeline and back. His messing with time travel didn't change the history of his own universe; it changed the one we see for the majority of the manga and anime. Trunks' universe could actually be the "Prime" DBZ timeline and all he's managed to do is create and gently caress up an offshoot, and everyone in that is an offshoot.

I don't think the series will go that route, though, because that's getting into levels of overly complicated that defy shounen punchmans.

*King Kai only started intervening after Goku showed up and became his pupil, presumably he didn't give a poo poo about Earth before then beyond being one of the many planets he oversaw.

Supreme Kai only cared about Earth in the context of Buu, and had done so little research on the planet and its fighters that he thought he was hot poo poo at first. Again, he didn't give much of a poo poo about Earth in particular until taking a personal stake.

Beerus only gave a poo poo about Earth at first because a fish told him to fight the Super Saiyan God, and the only Saiyans left were on Earth when he woke up. Now he has the food and his "rivals" and everything, but that, again, was a selfish event that created a connection. No one above Kami has ever just shown up like "Earth, AND EARTH ALONE AND IN GENERAL, is in danger".

Kurui Reiten fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Sep 27, 2016

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Kurui Reiten posted:

If we assume that multiverse theory only splinters the timeline of ONE universe,

why would we assume that

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I really like that scene in Looper where Bruce Willis just gets mad and insists they not talk about time travel.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Law Cheetah posted:

why would we assume that

I went with both assumptions in different paragraphs to explain my points. We haven't had a definitive answer one way or the other. That will likely come next episode.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Kurui Reiten posted:

I went with both assumptions in different paragraphs to explain my points. We haven't had a definitive answer one way or the other. That will likely come next episode.

For the manga at least, alternate timelines include every universe. Black went about and murdered every Supreme Kai in the all the other universes of Future Trunk's timeline to get rid of all the gods of destruction.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Rudoku posted:

That was back when they tried to tie in their first bad DBZ dub that had Tao as a Red Ribbon General.

I still think of him as General Tao, that's his name as far as I'm concerned.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Momomo posted:

I still think of him as General Tao, that's his name as far as I'm concerned.

Why would he hang out with those losers if they weren't paying for his anniversary party?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
multiversal view counts are insane

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I think personally that the zamasu that beerus kerpopped turns into black, didnja notice the color of them particles? Kinda rose lookin.... He gonna possess a goku!

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

This is perfect. :allears:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Here's my theory berrus erased zamasu in all timelines but future zamasu has super immortality so he gets to come back even if he didn't get to wish for immortality in the first place.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
My theory is Beerus doesn't understand time travel or multiverse theory. And neither does Toei.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
My idea is that the manga will do it with a more clear explanation

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

sassassin posted:

My theory is Beerus doesn't understand time travel or multiverse theory. And neither does Toei.

Well his main exposure to time manipulation is Whis's Temporal Do-over, which appears to not create new timelines and completely undoes the previous 3 minutes.

On that note, I like to think Beerus has actually killed Goku and Vegeta a bunch of times, frequently by accident like sneezing a ki-blast at them or breaking their backs in his sleep, but Whis has always been able to fix it.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I wonder if they're actually using the "unseen timeline 4" people have figured out had to exist in the Cell saga to explain the Zamasu that made the wish. That one still has Goku and everyone alive in it, which means it probably had a Beerus, which would explain why he went looking for a timeline without one. I doubt it, but it would be interesting if they thought it out that much. Would also explain Goku Black since he still could have fought him and somehow took over his body/infused his ki into him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Darko posted:

I wonder if they're actually using the "unseen timeline 4" people have figured out had to exist in the Cell saga to explain the Zamasu that made the wish. That one still has Goku and everyone alive in it, which means it probably had a Beerus, which would explain why he went looking for a timeline without one. I doubt it, but it would be interesting if they thought it out that much. Would also explain Goku Black since he still could have fought him and somehow took over his body/infused his ki into him.

That'd be the timeline where they killed the Androids but Cell never showed up, right? (The one Trunks who got killed by Cell got the Android Deactivation Switch from.)

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Something like that. Im pretty good at causality but suck at multiverse theory. I just know we see 3 of the four; the show, Future Trunks that we see now, and Cell kills Trunks and steals the machine, but we never see the non Cell one where Goku is cured and the androids die.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I still don't understand how there's a fourth timeline. We have the normal one, Future Trunks', and the one where Cell kills Trunks. Where is this fourth one from?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Momomo posted:

I still don't understand how there's a fourth timeline. We have the normal one, Future Trunks', and the one where Cell kills Trunks. Where is this fourth one from?

Because there's a 2nd Trunks that got murdered by Cell that helped out a timeline that didn't have Cell go back in time.

So theres:

Timeline 1: Series Timeline
Timeline 2: Trunks Timeline
Timeline 3: Cells Timeline
Timeline 4: The Timeline that Timeline 3 trunks helped. (No Future Cell, No Hyperbolic Time Chamber)

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
i think the point of timeline departure for the main series is actually years before our trunks arrives, when Cell arrives in his larval form after killing trunks. this somehow causes the creation of Androids 19 and 20 and for the date of Goku's heart disease to be delayed.

in the unseen timeline everything happens like trunks said it would and they are successful in defeating the androids

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, there was a timeline where Trunks got plans for the androids and shut them off in the future. You have to figure, that in that timeline, he also should have cured Goku, etc.when he went to the past. That Goku still may have met Beerus and Zamasu along the way, which would account for Zamasu's knowledge of him. Beerus would still be alive there, and he probably succeeded in killing his master and making the wish, then jumped away into a timeline (Future Trunks') without Beerus with one of the rings in order to "hide" from him so he wouldn't be punished for it somehow.

I mean, this is probably not what happens in the show, but it's one explanation for everything, given what we know. It also allows for Black to be created via one of the timeline Gokus (dead one with Zamasu doing something, or him corrupting the one from his timeline).

Darko fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 27, 2016

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Also, given that there are 5 rings shown, the 4th timeline could be accounted for by the writers, which would be surprising, but this is a surprising arc as it is.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Darko posted:

Also, given that there are 5 rings shown, the 4th timeline could be accounted for by the writers, which would be surprising, but this is a surprising arc as it is.

The dialogue said that only one of the rings was created a few years ago. The others aren't Trunks-related.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

sassassin posted:

The dialogue said that only one of the rings was created a few years ago. The others aren't Trunks-related.

Trunks' were created around 15 years ago or something. That distinction has a small chance of tying in.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If you don't feel like waiting for the English version of Fusions, TeamFourStar will be streaming the Japanese version tomorrow night on their Youtube channel.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

projecthalaxy posted:

If you don't feel like waiting for the English version of Fusions, TeamFourStar will be streaming the Japanese version tomorrow night on their Youtube channel.

Their Xenoverse playthrough was pretty weird and fun so it's probably worth checking out what they do with this

Too bad they can't fake up some of the streetpass fusions though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
It's pretty wishful thinking but I would be so down if another Universes God Of Destruction was Cell who got offered the job and took the chance.

• Locked thread