Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Oh and as for name suggestions, I'd like to claim the dark one on the left, and I like to name it Cocoa. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks everyone, the stress was real, maybe I won't flunk my biology test now. :sweatdrop:

I've got some ideas to catify the house, some homemade stuff as well, by the time I'm done my house will be amazing for kitties.

Klaus88 posted:

Do you have wall-to-wall carpet? That can be a severe allergen vector.

Nope, no carpets anymore, they where ripped out and replaced with tiles years ago.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

There was no Butterscotch pic on the last page. :(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

my cat is norris posted:

"Hitler" went right into the dry food without issue. Blackistan and the others were more interested in seeking attention. Runty urinated on his own, then sat in it.

We'll make some weight gain mix when we can get more supplies tomorrow!

Will continue to watch for a possible mama cat and additional kittens. 4 is a good litter size, though, so I'm not expecting to find others.

Thanks for all the help and tips, thread.

Plz suggest better names, tia.

Catlamitous Doom.

Lord Percidious, Caller of Blood.

Maximilian, the Staring Abyss.

C'thugganoth Cat'ulu, the Maddening Scream.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/trivia-hq-furstation-pitt?lang=en_US

Now I'm off to work!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ooooh kittehcam!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

A sleepy mess right now, apparently! ALSO, sorry about the poor view. I set it up in kind of a rush this morning and will work on something better later.

Small updates --

Didn't have time to weigh in this morning. The vet will handle that in a couple of hours, though!

The black one pooped. I haven't seen anyone else poop. I've seen urine spots in the towels, at least.

Dry food is going mostly ignored, except by the two bigger kitties. The KMR continues to be devoured.

The runty one gets all shivery sometimes. He really worries me.

Hopefully Squid will have good news from the vet today. I hope they all come out clean for FelV and leukemia. :ohdear: I'll also be contacting a couple area shelters to get their input on fostering.

Hoping to move them out of the bathroom later today and into a big cardboard box in the office, but I'm willing to bet that's a bad idea until I know they're flea free.

Thank you for the name suggestions!

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Sep 27, 2016

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

X-posting from cute thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTranBdMaxE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7AKm-g6zvk

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Butter's doesn't mind sharing the thread when there are important rescue undertakings happening!

We did, however, have an eventful day yesterday.

We went to the vet. Butters was thrilled!

See! Look how happy he is!

Anyway, we went for his annual rabies shot, but they were out of them so we'll go back next week. They totally hid them from us so they could see him again.

While we were there however, they weighed him and he's down to 20.9! This is awesome news but the vet said it may be slightly too awesome and though they're thrilled with us for getting him to drop the weight, they're slightly concerned that it may be too fast. So we're gonna give him treats every now and then.

He's also been enjoying the football season immensely because that means that there are new friends coming over the house that he can pollute his fluff with. See, while I'm proud of the work we've done with Butters and I like to think we've earned his affection, he's honestly just a giant whore.

Here he is with my buddy, he's only met him once before:

Having said all of that though, he reserves the "you are my bed" treatment for the wife and myself.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chili posted:

Butter's doesn't mind sharing the thread when there are important rescue undertakings happening!

We did, however, have an eventful day yesterday.

We went to the vet. Butters was thrilled!

See! Look how happy he is!

We're going WHERE?!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

The webcam'll be boring now for sure. Shortest foster ever!

The vet's office volunteered to take on the kittens at no added cost to us. The kittens will be given great care and love before they're homed. This is great for me and Squid, as our home is somewhat cramped, and we have Norris and Geki who deserve our utmost attention. Still, I'll miss the teeny things. The black one was such a lovey.

Health check, for the curious -- runty one has respiratory issues (probable URI); only the tabby is female; no obvious ear mites; fleas can be treated through bathing and combing and glaring; infection(s) will be treated with ointment.

Byebye, babbycats!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Awww no kitten horde for you, but its good that you got em off to a good start where they'll be taken care of :3:

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

my cat is norris posted:

The vet's office volunteered to take on the kittens at no added cost to us. The kittens will be given great care and love before they're homed. This is great for me and Squid, as our home is somewhat cramped, and we have Norris and Geki who deserve our utmost attention. Still, I'll miss the teeny things. The black one was such a lovey.

Health check, for the curious -- runty one has respiratory issues (probable URI); only the tabby is female; no obvious ear mites; fleas can be treated through bathing and combing and glaring; infection(s) will be treated with ointment.

Byebye, babbycats!

still, good on you for rescuing those kittens!

good cat, good laptop

good thread

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

my cat is norris posted:

Byebye, babbycats!

This is wonderful and a prime example of how to do things right. Never say no to help like that!

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
We (me and my mom) visited a bunch of shelters recently and the best kitten names were a pair called Voltron and Thundercat. :perfect:

Sadly we weren't in the market for a pair of kittens. :saddowns:

otown liquiddreams
Sep 27, 2016

by zen death robot
modedit for penis!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 27, 2016

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Can we please get those taken down? Why anyone would threadshit here? Bums me out.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chili posted:

Can we please get those taken down? Why anyone would threadshit here? Bums me out.

Every single one of his posts is whatever that picture was across various threads.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
its dare. Without gbs to poo poo up he wanders like a lost soul, wafting aimlessly through the subforums, looking for his long lost tribes peeps.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'm sorry about whatever that is, but it's good news that Butters is still losing weight (even if it might be too much weight).

What kind of treats does he like?

("Yes")

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I'm sorry about whatever that is, but it's good news that Butters is still losing weight (even if it might be too much weight).

What kind of treats does he like?

("Yes")

If by "yes" you mean everything, then yes.

Though I will say his favorite thing seems to be coconut oil, which I'm very sure he shouldn't have. But my wife puts in on her legs sometimes and he attacks them like they're sausages. He also tries to wrestle the jar open and we caught him last night licking it and kicking it around like a soccer ball.

The amount of times I just look at him, shake my head, and go "Jesus Christ" is incalculable.

Chili fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Sep 27, 2016

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

SneakyFrog posted:

its dare. Without gbs to poo poo up he wanders like a lost soul, wafting aimlessly through the subforums, looking for his long lost tribes peeps.

And yet he doesn't get banned for it, just a slap on the wrist probation. This happens all the time unfortunately :(

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Azhais posted:

And yet he doesn't get banned for it, just a slap on the wrist probation. This happens all the time unfortunately :(

Nah he is permabanned, but makes new accounts all the time.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2565

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Azhais posted:

Let's move on and talk about cats and dogs. Otherwise, the terrorists win.

We do have some good news in our house. Starting October 15th, I'll be starting a new job at a practice that's only a 5 minute walk from home. That means, among many other great things, that our house of fosters will be in full swing shortly!

I'm probably going to be setting up a kitten cam as well so my wife and all of you can drop in from time to time to watch the craziness.

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

I am quite fond of this cat. Thank you for posting.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Chili posted:

Though I will say his favorite thing seems to be coconut oil, which I'm very sure he shouldn't have. But my wife puts in on her legs sometimes and he attacks them like their sausages.

I have a Vitamin E cuticle oil that I mostly use on my hands but will sometimes put on my toes as well in between polishes. I always forget I do, then I go lay in bed to read or play a phone game and not 5 minutes later someone it going *lick lick lick* to my toes.

AND IT TICKLES LIKE MAD

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Chili posted:

If by "yes" you mean everything, then yes.

Though I will say his favorite thing seems to be coconut oil, which I'm very sure he shouldn't have. But my wife puts in on her legs sometimes and he attacks them like they're sausages. He also tries to wrestle the jar open and we caught him last night licking it and kicking it around like a soccer ball.

The amount of times I just look at him, shake my head, and go "Jesus Christ" is incalculable.

My idiot kitten goes apeshit for coconut oil too. I looked it up; it's not poisonous but I feel like he shouldn't be eating it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Kitty is home, apparently he's a very terrible patient and only ate when I got there.

He was eating dry food which I haven't seen him do in ages, that's already a massive improvement.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Good kitty eat food.

porkswordonboard
Aug 27, 2007
You should get that looked at

Coconut oil is fine as long as it's JUST coconut oil. In that case, it's actually thought to be quite good for cats AND dogs! Lots of omegas, good for skin and coat. Some people use it in place of fish oil. It also helps lubricate hairballs. However, it is VERY fatty, so you don't want them to have too much.

Also, horay Alteisen! So happy to hear he's doing well!

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

For everyone's reference, you can bathe the tiniest of tinies with warm water and Dawn for flea removal. Just the original blue Dawn, though. As long as they're kept warm afterwards, they'll handle the humiliation.

We apologize for not having pictures of our current litter, but we've been kinda sick and exhausted lately. They've been named after types of oranges: Mosambi, Jaffa, Mandarin, and Valencia.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My kitty was given Orbax to counter the stuff in his mouth, I assume to not let any bacterias set in due the lacerations.

Anyone heard of it? Read up on the side effects, they seem a bit lovely.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Chili posted:

I'm probably going to be setting up a kitten cam as well so my wife and all of you can drop in from time to time to watch the craziness.

...we could have had Buttercam all this time? :saddowns:

(You could charge for the live feed and then afford to foster all the cats!)

Seriously though, setting up 24/7 cams like that, how do you keep the kittens from destroying the equipment?

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Alteisen posted:

My kitty was given Orbax to counter the stuff in his mouth, I assume to not let any bacterias set in due the lacerations.

Anyone heard of it? Read up on the side effects, they seem a bit lovely.

I haven't used it or heard of it before, but keep in mind that the post-approval side effect reports tend to be the stuff that's major and thus likely to be reported. Usually, cats just develop diarrhea from antibiotics. Fluroquinolones need to be taken on a full stomach (ask me about springing a nosebleed while taking Avelox on an empty stomach!), and keep an eye on him for leg weakness or pain, as they can rarely screw with tendons. If he starts acting particularly off, call the vet back.

Fluoroquinolones are mega-strong stuff, used for p bad infections. So, it sounds like his mouth was really hosed up. I'm so glad he's already doing better and will be an indoor cat from now on. Get him a nice cat tree, put a plush throw in the top bed, and he'll be good to go, I think.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

queserasera posted:

...we could have had Buttercam all this time? :saddowns:

(You could charge for the live feed and then afford to foster all the cats!)

Seriously though, setting up 24/7 cams like that, how do you keep the kittens from destroying the equipment?

He roams the house and doesn't go into the foster room all that much any more.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

queserasera posted:

Seriously though, setting up 24/7 cams like that, how do you keep Butterscotch from eating the equipment?

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
The Foster Fallacy: Kittens will most assuredly find a way to ruin everything, fosters will keep spending money because there's no way they can ruin THIS thing.

The Butterdox: Butterscotch wants to be on camera, Butterscotch wants to eat cameras.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The solution is obvious; A medical camera to take viewers on a trip inside Butterscotch! :pseudo:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cat_herder posted:

I haven't used it or heard of it before, but keep in mind that the post-approval side effect reports tend to be the stuff that's major and thus likely to be reported. Usually, cats just develop diarrhea from antibiotics. Fluroquinolones need to be taken on a full stomach (ask me about springing a nosebleed while taking Avelox on an empty stomach!), and keep an eye on him for leg weakness or pain, as they can rarely screw with tendons. If he starts acting particularly off, call the vet back.

Fluoroquinolones are mega-strong stuff, used for p bad infections. So, it sounds like his mouth was really hosed up. I'm so glad he's already doing better and will be an indoor cat from now on. Get him a nice cat tree, put a plush throw in the top bed, and he'll be good to go, I think.

You have the cutest avatar, don't know if I ever told you.

And thank you for the advice, we've only give him one but so far no side effects, he's dying to get out of the house but yea, never gonna happen again, come friday when I don't have classes I'll splurge on cat stuff and catify the house a bit for him, he actually spent the entire night curled up with me in bed so if this is how he's gonna be going forward I am all for it. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The solution is obvious; A medical camera to take viewers on a trip inside Butterscotch! :pseudo:

I dunno, man. I have a suspicion the inside is not as fluffy as the outside.