Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/780783663625764864

Ouch. Also, supposedly there are worries in the Clinton camp that Donald will drop out of the next debates.

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

lozzle posted:

Worries, or hopes? :allears:

I suspect this is very much a 'Oh please don't throw me in the briar patch Mr. Trump' worry.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

So now that I'm no longer arzying about the presidential election, how about them Senate seats, eh?

Princeton says that Democratic control of the Senate right now is essentially a coin-toss at 52% probability.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/780781327050235905

That crooked Hillary! Failing at not doing her job!!!

I swear I had to double check if it was Denald tweeting.

Lmao that's the best he can do? Hillary literally made his dick shrink into a corncob on stage, what a coward.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/780781327050235905

That crooked Hillary! Failing at not doing her job!!!

I swear I had to double check if it was Denald tweeting.

For when he deletes it:

quote:

Hillary's been failing for 30 years in not getting the job done - it will never change.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

lozzle posted:

Considering Pence is a bottom 4 governor in the United States (Rick Snyder #1, Paul LePage #2, and Pence and McCrory duking it out for #3) I suspect it will be a slaughter all on its own.

It's hard to pick. Pence is up there for his role in the HIV epidemic, no doubt. But Sam Brownback or Scott Walker have worked hard and efficiently in their quest to be the worst governors in the country.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Inglonias posted:

Princeton says that Democratic control of the Senate right now is essentially a coin-toss at 52% probability.
Control, or tie?

Because a tie is just as good as long as Kaine gets to cast deciding votes.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Night10194 posted:

Remember: The NATO stuff actually really hurt him with them when he first went into it, and seeing he's still on about that might still have some weight.

Oddly enough, out of everything, this is what my wife homed in on after the debate was over. The defining moment in a long list of dunking on the Cheeto Bandito's head, to her, was Clinton saying to the world during foreign policy chat "Look, we're sorry about Donald Trump and everything. Just give us a bit, we'll get this sorted out"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
...she only held an actual office for 10 of those years, also.

The only thing I can't believe she didn't call him on was taking the oil. I really expected a "that would be a war crime, Donald".

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/780783663625764864

Ouch. Also, supposedly there are worries in the Clinton camp that Donald will drop out of the next debates.
How on earth is that a worry? If he drops out, all Clinton has to do is cross her arms and say she's going to be at the other debates whether Cowardly Don shows up or not. :c00lbert:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Currently the Indy Gubernatorial candidates are debating. WHo the gently caress let Rex Bell on stage!?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

theflyingorc posted:

The only thing I can't believe she didn't call him on was taking the oil. I really expected a "that would be a war crime, Donald".

I dunno, there's something to be said about sitting back and letting him hang himself when he starts talking about other countries.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

theflyingorc posted:

Control, or tie?

Because a tie is just as good as long as Kaine gets to cast deciding votes.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

How on earth is that a worry? If he drops out, all Clinton has to do is cross her arms and say she's going to be at the other debates whether Cowardly Don shows up or not. :c00lbert:

Because who will slate Hillary's thirst for blood then :ohdear:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

It is a "oh no, PLEASE Mr. Trump, don't give me literally hours of free uninterrupted air time. That would be so awful. Don't do it!"

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Chokes McGee posted:

Oddly enough, out of everything, this is what my wife homed in on after the debate was over. The defining moment in a long list of dunking on the Cheeto Bandito's head, to her, was Clinton saying to the world during foreign policy chat "Look, we're sorry about Donald Trump and everything. Just give us a bit, we'll get this sorted out"

It actually makes sense since it's unprecedented for a candidate to have to apologize to the rest of the world for the other candidate's irresponsible statements.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

theflyingorc posted:

There's probably a pretty significant chunk of the electorate that thinks that's a great idea, cheap oil for days! :downs:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

That's a fine :iceburn: right there, I've gotta say.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lightning Knight posted:

There's probably a pretty significant chunk of the electorate that thinks that's a great idea, cheap oil for days! :downs:

Look man it's not worth sending the war boys and the war rig unless you get their guzzelene.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

ImpAtom posted:

It is a "oh no, PLEASE Mr. Trump, don't give me literally hours of free uninterrupted air time. That would be so awful. Don't do it!"

I mean you know that if Donald didn't show up and ran a counter rally opposite the debates, the media would cover that instead.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Night10194 posted:

Look man it's not worth sending the war boys and the war rig unless you get their guzzelene.

Somebody photoshop Hillary as Furiosa driving off with the war rig, tia

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Night10194 posted:

Nah man, the red ones go faster, Hilldawg is gonna ride into battle and take all the oilz.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

CascadeBeta posted:

I mean you know that if Donald didn't show up and ran a counter rally opposite the debates, the media would cover that instead.

I think they would invite Gary Johnson and cover the debate out of spite.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
Breitbart debate poll is in - Hillary wins 48-43.

Yes, that Breitbart.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

I am still in shock from last night. As I was watching Trump just come apart I just kept saying "Oh my god" to myself over and over. I've never seen anything like that. I read Bernsteins biography of Clinton years ago and am generally a fan, but I had no idea how capable she was of handling herself until last night. It was like watching a masterclass and a snuff film at the same time.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Trump loving with the other debates would genuinely piss the media off. Millions of people watched this debate. It was a massive television and internet event. If he tries to deny them that kind of big spectacle they will not take it kindly.

Another takeaway from last night: If Hillary's going into a high pressure situation she knows she's going for, she is unshakeable and likely to nail it hard.

DICKS FOR DINNER
Sep 6, 2008

Stand Proud
Trump won't skip the rest of the debates. He'll hem and haw about it but then he'll show up and expect to be rewarded for it. If he doesn't show up, it'll reveal him as the spineless coward and massive manbaby he is and one thing he absolutely cannot stand is the idea that other people won't think of him as the biggest, strongest man with the biggest, best ideas.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

theflyingorc posted:

Yes, that Breitbart.

aka Gravis Marketing

Which means this result is actually legit. :getin:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I feel like somewhere in the world, at some point in that debate, we all missed the faint sound of Putin making GBS threads himself when he realized how hosed he is when he has to put up with President Clinton II. :getin:

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 27, 2016

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I could see Trump skipping out on the debates if he won saying "there's nothing left to be said from loser Hillary" and just coasting on that while she tries to ineffectually shame him into a rematch. However he did so bad there he has to do better for the next two so he can't just leave it like that and look like a huge loser. There's no way the media wouldn't eviscerate him for skipping on one of their biggest events every four years.

I admit I'm a LIIITTLE nervous for the next debate since the bar for Hillary is higher now she's a winner but I'm still confident that Trump is a toddler in a fat suit so rather than learn a lesson from last night will just be his rear end in a top hat self again.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's win-win, though. Either he shows up and gets drubbed again, or he refuses and he's a whiney baby mango man.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

On Terra Firma posted:

I am still in shock from last night. As I was watching Trump just come apart I just kept saying "Oh my god" to myself over and over. I've never seen anything like that. I read Bernsteins biography of Clinton years ago and am generally a fan, but I had no idea how capable she was of handling herself until last night. It was like watching a masterclass and a snuff film at the same time.

Hillary has been preparing for this moment her entire adult life. I'm sure she never imagined it would be against Donald Trump, but she's had dreams of clowning on the Republican in a Presidential debate for decades.

benzoapyrene
Apr 18, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

by the way any article talking about "radioactive substances" that doesn't say HOW radioactive is stupid

I mean, it did say that the waste was slightly radioactive. I'd assume that it was phosphorus-32 which decays rapidly, but who knows. I'd be more concerned about the heavy metals, since mine tailings usually consist of a mix of chromium, arsenic, lead, and mercury (none of which you want dumped into your water table).

Also, radiation has no No Observable Adverse Effect Level (NOAEL) so there's no lower threshold for its toxicity/carcinogenicity. That's why low-level radioactive waste is treated as stringently as high-level waste.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

On Terra Firma posted:

If you'd have seen her debates against Obama or her Benghazi testimony (it's understandable that you haven't) this wouldn't have been so surprising.

Hillary Clinton is a complete badass.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/TVietor08/status/780788024216915968

Oh, Biden :allears:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

theflyingorc posted:

Yes, that Breitbart.

I quoted this so I could find it later, and also as a thank you for going to Breitbart so I don't have to.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Endorph posted:

honestly, I sometimes feel bad for those types. There's parts of the conservative ideology I can at least sort of sympathize with, even if I don't agree with them.

Of course, gently caress the ones that simultaneously decry trump's racism while grumbling and supporting him anyway.

A lot of conservative (and Libertarian) ideology would work specifically if it WEREN'T for the people that are in it for sexism/racism.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Darko posted:

A lot of conservative (and Libertarian) ideology would work specifically if it WEREN'T for the people that are in it for sexism/racism.

It would still have to overcome basic human selfishness and the Prisoners' dilemma most of the time. People are too stupid and greedy to do the right thing unless made to by collective authority and social stigma.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

lozzle posted:

If you'd have seen her debates against Obama or her Benghazi testimony (it's understandable that you haven't) this wouldn't have been so surprising.

Hillary Clinton is a complete badass.

I watched them. They just don't hold a candle to the gulf between the candidates last night. It was shocking how much of a step up to the big leagues it was compared to the primary debates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Radish posted:

I could see Trump skipping out on the debates if he won saying "there's nothing left to be said from loser Hillary" and just coasting on that while she tries to ineffectually shame him into a rematch. However he did so bad there he has to do better for the next two so he can't just leave it like that and look like a huge loser. There's no way the media wouldn't eviscerate him for skipping on one of their biggest events every four years.

I admit I'm a LIIITTLE nervous for the next debate since the bar for Hillary is higher now she's a winner but I'm still confident that Trump is a toddler in a fat suit so rather than learn a lesson from last night will just be his rear end in a top hat self again.

To be honest Hillary won by making Trump lose so I think she still has room to grow and improve. It's not like she gave a stirring performance that can't be topped.

• Locked thread