Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

2-1 and in 3rd place because while my team is 8th in PF it's dead last in PA by a wide margin. Eyyyyyy. :ocelot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Lol, the "fantasy MVPs" on Yahoo are too funny right now. These are the players that are on the greatest proportion of the top 500 public leagues through three weeks. A good barometer of the picks that made the biggest difference.

Top 3 most owned players on the best public teams:
1) Minnesota Defense (57.2%)
2) Marvin Jones (51.6%)
3) Justin Tucker (39.8%)

Ahhhh yes, just like we all thought, a defense, a kicker, and Marvin Jones are the three most important fantasy assets in the NFL.

- Top WRs after MJJ are Evans, Jordy, AB84, and Fitz.
- Top RBs are DJ, DWill, and Blount.
- Greg Olsen is the 8th overall most owned player on the winningest fantasy teams
- Jamaal Charles, Tom Brady, Le'Veon Bell, and Josh Gordon are all more than 10% owned among the top 500 fantasy teams.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Forever_Peace posted:

2) Marvin Jones (51.6%)
3) Justin Tucker (39.8%)

my opponent had both MIN and Tucker and got a combined 50 loving points from them to beat me Week 3.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Forever_Peace posted:

Lol, the "fantasy MVPs" on Yahoo are too funny right now. These are the players that are on the greatest proportion of the top 500 public leagues through three weeks. A good barometer of the picks that made the biggest difference.

2) Marvin Jones (51.6%)
3) Justin Tucker (39.8%)

Ahhhh yes, just like we all thought, a defense, a kicker, and Marvin Jones are the three most important fantasy assets in the NFL.

- Top WRs after MJJ are Evans, Jordy, AB84, and Fitz.
- Top RBs are DJ, DWill, and Blount.
- Greg Olsen is the 8th overall most owned player on the winningest fantasy teams
- Jamaal Charles, Tom Brady, Le'Veon Bell, and Josh Gordon are all more than 10% owned among the top 500 fantasy teams.

I feel so goddamn smart for grabbing the MN defense in the last or second to last round of most of my drafts.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I was banging the drum for the Vikings D last year because they had what should've been a juicy matchup against the 49ers to start and Zimmer is a wizard so they had an outside shot at being a top-3 fantasy D that you could set and forget, usually when you're streaming, you're hoping to strike that gold anyway.

As usual, either you're just flat out wrong or a year early and miss out. I did manage to get them in one of my two leagues with D/ST so

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm trying to pry Allen Robinson away from a team in my league. (Non-ppr)

Is Hyde + Josh Gordon too insulting?

Is Hyde + Watkins giving too much?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

You're lucky if he accepts either. I wouldn't want to deal with Hyde or Watkins at all.

Gates or Pitta?

Then Pitta, Cameron Brate, or Rudolph?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Derek Carr ended up being my 3rd lowest scorer of this week, so i'm fully expecting my team to put up 67 points next week and the Vikings defense will have 20 of that.

Also was finally able to put use to my team name for once.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Varg posted:

I need Matt Ryan + Julio + Tamme to not score more than 36.1 points combined

cmonnn Saints defense time to get fuckin lucky

hahah thank you for doing nothing Julio

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Is Wallace + Ajayi a good offer for Eddie Lacy? Should I offer Wallace + Blount if I can't get the first offer done?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Dren posted:

Is Wallace + Ajayi a good offer for Eddie Lacy? Should I offer Wallace + Blount if I can't get the first offer done?

The first is a bad offer. The second is at least borderline bad given Blount's reliance on gamescript, but if the other owner thinks Blount will keep rolling with a healthy Gronk and not suspended Brady, maybe they take that. I'd personally still call that a bad offer.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Week 1
Week 2

Week Three Waiver Wire Targets
Y'all know the drill by now. Must be 50% owned or less on Yahoo in order to be listed, so don't be dumb if an 85% guy is still out there in your league. Rankings are intended for full ppr leagues. Players are discussed in order of how much I like them, followed by "spot start" rankings and "long term" rankings.

WR
Other than Tyrell (my top add last week) moving above the 50% threshold, I honestly think the next three guys are exactly where we had them last week, with all the same arguments. Savor the stability - not often that we need to update our outlook so minutely.

Victor Cruz (NYG) - Crafty WR3. Still playing nearly every snap. Averaging 5 targets a game but Eli has limited the derp throwing to Cruz so they've been pretty efficient together. Touchdown upside. Will often face single coverage and bad nickel corners. Tough run coming up though, so you would be forgiven for letting him stay a few more weeks on the WW.

Jamison Crowder (WAS) - Is currently leading WAS in catches with 16 and targets with 25, but still has the shortest reception depth in the group and is 3rd in snaps among the WRs (dropping from 2nd last week). But here is the updated red zone target leader list for all WRs: Jordy Nelson (9), Emmanuel Sanders (9), Jamison Crowder (8). Dude is still 5'8. I still don't get it either, but whatever I'll take it. I watched this game and liked what I saw on tape. Go get him.

Quincy Enunwa (NYJ) - A relatively "quiet" game from Enunwa consisted of eleven targets. But my big disclaimer last week was that his catch rate was unsustainable and we should expect it to regress to "4 or 5" per week, and sure enough, he posted 4/37/0. Still mostly been close-in stuff so far (his average reception depth at the point of the catch is 6.7 compared to 9 for BMarsh and 18 for Decker), but the dude is 6'2 / 220 and can run a 4.45 40, so they're going to take some deep shots with him eventually (Fitz fuckin' loves deep shots). Also still worth mentioning that Decker and BMarsh are also banged up, so if Enunwa happens to be in better shape (which is not really information we are privvy to), he could see more volume. I would be wary of starting Enunwa unless we start to gather that either BMarsh or Decker is more limited than they're letting on.

Terrelle Pryor (CLE) - Boom/bust guy in the model of vintage DJax. Got 10 targets week 2 but finished with only 3 catches for 32 yards. One week later, goes 14/8/144/0 through the air. If you start him, he's going to win you some weeks and lose you some weeks all by hisself. Bizzaro upside: took snaps at quarterback and running back and thus added a few points on the ground and through passing yards (plus a rushing touchdown). Downside: The QB situation is still a disaster and Gordon will be returning soon.

Kevin White (CHI) - Got fourteen targets last week. That brings him up to 27 for the year. Alshon is banged up and the backfield is a disaster so there's every reason to expect the volume to continue, plus the next three weeks are all soft and squishy defenses and he's playing like ~90% of snaps now. I'll be honest though, I watched this game and he looked mostly garbage on the field. Fun fact: despite having a relative short reception depth (<7.5) and decent volume, he is currently 120th in the league in total cumulative YAC yards, tied with Geoff Swaim, Brent Celek, and Lance Dunbar, all of whom have 4 receptions or less. But hey, if a highly regarded #7 overall pick is getting 14 goddamned targets a game against cakewalk matchups, I'll take a piece thank you.

Cole Beasley (DAL) - PPR high floor low ceiling bye-week fill-in guy.

Adam Humphries (TB) - ALRIGHT FINE I'LL LIST YOU. Was one of our guys to watch last week, and we watched him roll right on over to 12/9/100/0. I still don't really know what the gently caress. Not much touchdown upside, targets could evaporate at any time, is only playing 70% of snaps. Average reception depth is, if you can believe it, less than three yards, but he has taken that for more YAC yards than anybody in the NFL save Sproles or Marvin Jones.

Others: Michael Thomas (NO - looked great filling in for Snead in the shootout last night, hard to fault you for wanting to see if Snead is worse off than we think), Kenny Stills (MIA - still playing nearly every snap [is actually 4th in the NFL in snap % among WRs], is still drawing valuable targets, and still looks good in the open field), Tyreek Hill (KC - put a pin on this guy and watch for his name over the next few weeks).

Spot Start Rankings: Crowder, Cruz, Pryor, Enunwa, White, Beasley, Stills, Humphries
Long-Term Rankings: Cruz, Crowder, Enunwa, White, Pryor, Humphries, Thomas

RB
RB pickings are hot garbage this week so I'll keep this brief.

Dwayne Washington - Another month as the #2 guy in Detroit. Legimitely the hottest pickup this week.

Cameron Artis-Payne - Ranked this high because you can start him against ATL this week before dropping him back to the wire after JStew returns.

Jordan Howard - Might have a week of heavier workload against DET this week before Carey makes this a timeshare because John Fox hates rookies. Langford out about a month or so.

Matt Asiata - Same as last week. Reliable plodder and probably goal-line guy that is very good in pass protection and can catch the ball. McKinnon was definitely the guy to have though so I hope you got him instead.

Fozzy Whittaker - See CAP, only he will have less rushing attempts and more receiving targets.

Kenneth Dixon - Ravens backfield is currently a timeshare between West and Forsett but both of them are severely mediocre so maybe the injured 4th-round rookie can push for snaps, I dunno this is all a hot mess.

Bilal Powell - Handcuff to Forte is looking pretty valuable.

Chris Thompson - Should be owned in 12+ team ppr leagues as a bye-week ppr guy.

Devontae Booker - Still believe in the Kubiak run game.

A note on the Giants: none of these guys can do what Vereen does. Expect Darkwa to take the Jennings work and Rainey to (poorly) take the passing down work against MIN (ugh). Then Jennings comes back and maybe Paul Perkins can sniff the field on something other than special teams and this turns into a 4-headed disaster as they smash their face against GB, BAL, Rams, and PHI. This is not the backfield you are looking for.

Spot Start Rankings: CAP, Dwayne, Fozzy, Asiata, Howard, Thompson
Long-term Rankings: Dwayne, Howard, Dixon, Asiata, Bilal, Booker, CAP, Gillislee, Ervin

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 27, 2016

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Justin Tucker: money in the bank

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
If I wanted Julio Jones, but had to give up 1 of Landry, Jordy, or Marvin Jones, which would it be?

It's full PPR. Or should i just stick with my current trio?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

VietCampo posted:

If I wanted Julio Jones, but had to give up 1 of Landry, Jordy, or Marvin Jones, which would it be?

It's full PPR. Or should i just stick with my current trio?

If you wait 3 weeks, his value will be even lower.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

If you wait 3 weeks, his value will be even lower.

Hmmm, after looking through his schedule one more time, i'm not sure about targeting him with one of my current WR's atm.

Thanks for the input

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

More yahoo trades rolling in:
- Tevin Coleman and Devonta Freeman for McCoy and Amari Cooper
- Coleman and Matt Ryan for Ben Roethlisberger and David Johnson
- Coleman and Antonio Brown for Le'Veon Bell and Odell Beckham Jr.
- Coleman straight up for Brandon Marshall
- Coleman straight up for DeAndre Hopkins
- Coleman straight up for Demaryius Thomas
- Coleman straight up for Cooks
- Coleman and Tyrell Williams for Matt Forte
- Coleman and Pitta for Jordan Reed

WW is not important today, sending out a dozen trade offers to move Tevin Coleman right the gently caress now could win your season. GO GO GO!

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Should I fire Bortles or Wilson for some WW QB help? (Matty Ryan, Fitz, and Tannehill are on there and looking tempting for now)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Someone dropped Emmanuel Sanders before the games this week. Worth using my #1 waiver priority on him? (non-ppr)

QB/RB/RB/FLEX/WR/WR/TE

My team:
QB- Eli
RB- Charles, Anderson, Hyde, Mathews, McKinnon
WR- Hopkins, Watkins, Shepard, John Brown, Josh Gordon
TE- Gronk, Pitta

I'm currently 2-1. Top 6 teams make the playoffs.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

RCarr posted:

Someone dropped Emmanuel Sanders before the games this week. Worth using my #1 waiver priority on him? (non-ppr)

QB/RB/RB/FLEX/WR/WR/TE

My team:
QB- Eli
TE- Gronk, Pitta

Yes, drop Pitta.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I just traded Sterling Shepard and Isaiah Crowell for Stafford and Greg Olsen. My WRs are T.Y. Hilton, Demaryius Thomas, Mike Wallace, and DeAndre Hopkins and my RBs are Hyde, Gordon, and Howard.

I think I'm ok with the trade because I have enough WRs to cover Shepard and Crowell's 15ish touches a game for one fluky run a game doesn't seem that appealing. Also I get to get off the Andy Dalton train and Stafford is the second highest scoring QB in my league.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Speaking of Stafford

I'm thinking of offering my Derek Carr and Jerick Mckinnon for Matt Stafford + Deangelo Williams. I am the Bell owner so having Deangelo is a plus just in case. I also have Gurley, CMike, and Dwayne Washington at RB.

Thoughts? Rolling out Marvin Jones also so that combo is highly desirable for me.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

:siren:Incoming Trade Offer!:siren:

I was just offered Amari Cooper and Spencer Ware for my CJ Anderson (non-ppr)

RCarr posted:

QB/RB/RB/FLEX/WR/WR/TE

My team:
QB- Eli
TE- Gronk, Pitta

It would be nice to have Ware, since I own Charles. Cooper would probably jump right into my starting lineup. But Anderson is arguably my best player right now. Thoughts?

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

RCarr posted:

It would be nice to have Ware, since I own Charles. Cooper would probably jump right into my starting lineup. But Anderson is arguably my best player right now. Thoughts?

Ware's got about a week more on him. After that his value diminishes greatly. So Cooper vs. Anderson, with a minor upside if Charles is injured again? Not my favorite deal, but it's up to you.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

RCarr posted:

PPR or non PPR? PPR definitely leans towards hit accept

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
How much do we think that Pryor is worth from a FAAB perspective? 25?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Which team wins in 1 PPR:

Team A Gives:
Julio Jones and Mark Ingram

Team B Gives:
Matt Stafford, Melvin Gordon, T.Y. Hilton

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Doltos posted:

Which team wins in 1 PPR:

Team A Gives:
Julio Jones and Mark Ingram

Team B Gives:
Matt Stafford, Melvin Gordon, T.Y. Hilton

IMO team B

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Forever_Peace posted:

- Tevin Coleman and Devonta Freeman for McCoy and Amari Cooper
- Coleman and Matt Ryan for Ben Roethlisberger and David Johnson

lol wut

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

RBs are up.

I hate all of them so it's a bit :effort:.

edit: Best RB waiver move this week would be to let waivers clear, then put Dion Lewis into an empty IR spot. Pats might be pretty good this year.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 27, 2016

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Who wins in a vacuum? (Non-ppr)

Carlos Hyde and Ryan Mathews

for

Allen Robinson

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
ARob by a mile

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I got an e-mail from yahoo to advertise sleeper bot and the guy at the top of their sleeper report is Antonio Brown.

Uh...thanks for that hot tip guys. :geno:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I got an e-mail from yahoo to advertise sleeper bot and the guy at the top of their sleeper report is Antonio Brown.

Uh...thanks for that hot tip guys. :geno:

gently caress I knew I missed somebody on my WW rankings.

Guys if Antonio Brown is available, consider adding him to your fantasy football team. Like, at least 40 FAAB, easy. Live a little.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Noooooooo don't advertise sleeperbot

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So here's a real question for the thread (instead of making fun of the bot). I have the Red Rocket as my QB, is it worth replacing him with Wentz, Siemian, or Dak? All three are FA right now.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Sep 27, 2016

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

So my RB Corp is hurting bad. I'm flush with solid WRs, but this is also an 8 man league. Trying to figure out what kind of offers to throw out there to improve.

2QB, 3WR, 2 RB, WR/RB flex, TE rosters and standard scoring

QB: Rogers, Stafford, Rivers
WR: Nelson, Jeffrey, Jones, Diggs, Maclin, Fuller
RB: Gore, Langford, Rawls, Ware, Washington
TE: Witten

Someone offered me Stafford for Crowell last week, but I thought that was way overpaying. He's 0-3 now and also the Charles owner, so was thinking about trying to work something out with him. His roster is

QB: Winston, Flacco
WR: Jones, Marshall, Cobb, Wallace, Williams
RB: Charles, Lacy, Sims, Crowell, Murray, Matthews, Jennnings
TE: Pitta

Maybe something like Jeffrey and Ware for Lacy or Doggs and Ware and Crowell? I know he's interested in Stafford but I think he's going to be a top 5 QB this year and really don't want to give him up . I'm throwing Ware in there only since I think he'd have appeal too only the Charles owner after this week

Mons Public
Jun 22, 2006

Sometimes I look for Rupees.
My bench is:

Duke Johnson
Dwayne Washington
Giovanni Bernard
Jordan Howard

Who should I drop to get Terrell Pryor?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

RobBorer posted:

My bench is:

Duke Johnson
Dwayne Washington
Giovanni Bernard
Jordan Howard

Who should I drop to get Terrell Pryor?

None of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr_bunnyfish
Feb 6, 2012
I have Michael Floyd, who has just been sitting on my bench so far. I also have very little faith in him and less that I'll have to start him, since my starters are usually Cooks, Cobb, BMarsh, and Emmanuel Sanders. Should I drop Floyd for Crowder?

• Locked thread