Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Roman and Rusev matches are fun when they just go ham on each other, not so much when it's 15 minutes of Rusev 'working Roman's back'

He was one NERVE HOLD away from it turning into Hulk Hogan/Lex Luger vs Yokozuna/Foreign Heel #3821

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Hace posted:

Why do people hate the Roman and Rusev matches! I mean I hate watching my big boy lose every time sure, but they're like great matches

actually, the big boy wins every time

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Hace posted:

Why do people hate the Roman and Rusev matches! I mean I hate watching my big boy lose every time sure, but they're like great matches

Because they were both plodding, boring and lol at a double countout after a 30 minute match

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Roman and Rusev matches are fun when they just go ham on each other, not so much when it's 15 minutes of Rusev 'working Roman's back'

He was one NERVE HOLD away from it turning into Hulk Hogan/Lex Luger vs Yokozuna/Foreign Heel #3821

If it's Roman it's more like Lex Luger/Lex Luger

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Vaguido posted:

If it's Roman it's more like Lex Luger/Lex Luger

Sounds awesome.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I think you have a problem when the loudest pop in the PPV match between Rusev and Roman is Lana pulling the ref out during a count.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Last Saturday I went to my first WWE show in 15 years. It was better than sitting through a RAW, but I was also reminded that people my age who go to these shows are giant manchildren. We had some rear end in a top hat sitting right behind us desperately trying to start a "DIE ROMAN DIE" chant almost to the point he was hoarse during Reigns/Rusev .

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 27, 2016

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol at somehow thinking roman/rusev matches that are longer than 5 minutes are "good"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Frankston posted:

I watched about 10 minutes in total of the three hour Raw and that was enough for me.

My friend watched it all though and said he really loved the bit where Steph had a go at Foley.

shame your friend thoroughly

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Frankston posted:

My friend watched it all though and said he really loved the bit where Steph had a go at Foley.

Is your friend secretly Stephanie McMahon?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

bradzilla posted:

So what wacky name will they give Sheamus/Cesaro? Sheamaro? Cesamus? Something very European?

Some AVC commenter called it The Whiskey and Cheese Connection and I think it works, given that they are very much a Rock / Mankind sort of tag team

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

The last known instance of Steph getting any comeuppance at all.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

sam bradford lmao posted:

Last Saturday I went to my first WWE show in 15 years. It was better than sitting through a RAW, but I was also reminded that people my age who go to these shows are giant manchildren. We had some rear end in a top hat sitting right behind us desperately trying to start a "DIE ROMAN DIE" chant almost to the point he was hoarse during Reigns/Rusev .

That type of fan makes up a not insignificant portion of the users here, as well.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

bradzilla posted:

Because they were both plodding, boring and lol at a double countout after a 30 minute match

I forgot about the double countout cause I dropped raw right after. Lol.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

Ronda did a thing they never capitalized on or at least got to capitalize on

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Rusev was always b-

No I can't say it. I can't say this about Rusev.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

keevo posted:

Rusev was always b-

Bulgarian?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

the internet personified

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

keevo posted:

Rusev was always b-

Rusev was always good and is still good. It's all Roman. He is bad.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Some AVC commenter called it The Whiskey and Cheese Connection and I think it works, given that they are very much a Rock / Mankind sort of tag team

The Shamrock and Interlaken Connection

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tucked-In T-Shirt posted:

She did get speared out of her boots at WM you know.

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Chris James 2 posted:

Ronda did a thing they never capitalized on or at least got to capitalize on

Oh poo poo yeah thats right

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

IcePhoenix posted:

That was an accident!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

IcePhoenix posted:

Not hard enough

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I've watched Vince fly off a cage with blood pouring down his face. Stephanie getting speared once is nothing.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I watched the debate instead and next week I'll.... Oh god no I have tickets to a show next week

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That DICK! posted:

I watched the debate instead and next week I'll.... Oh god no I have tickets to a show next week

sell those and go to smackdown live

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Remember when Stone Cold made Vince McMahon pee his pants in the middle of the ring? Imagine Stephanie doing that.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

That DICK! posted:

I watched the debate too. I would've rather watched Stephanie shriek for three hours straight.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Hbk put Vince into a trash can and elbow dropped him off of a ladder through a table.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

DoctorGonzo posted:

sell those and go to smackdown live

They're comped, my buddy's buddy got us the tickets

One time he wasn't at the show so he had to call a friend to get us the tickets and it turned out to be Xavier woods :)

I watched the debate too. I would've rather watched Stephanie shriek for three hours straight.

*whispers into mic* wrong

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Haha. No thanks.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Rusev has a lot of bad matches but he still owns more than 90 % of the roster

im torn

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

The debate got at least 81 million viewers

Your move Raw

e: And unlike Raw people stuck around the whole time

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 27, 2016

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rusev is a solid worker and can do serious and comedy. Of course they book him like crap.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

Rusev is a solid worker and can do serious and comedy. Of course they book him like crap.

Both of his US title runs were great.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bradzilla posted:

Both of his US title runs were great.

Untill Romanwinslol

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

That DICK! posted:

I hope you enjoy it.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

Rusev has a lot of bad matches but he still owns more than 90 % of the roster

im torn

I'm all out of faith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

friendo55 posted:

Please elaborate?

Someone who is legit good at what he does, says things like "I eat pieces of poo poo for breakfast" and "And Grizzly Adams had a beard," has a best friend who probably like Sizzler and Red Lobster, and provides a perfect heel foil for the good guys.

Also, most likely to buy Sami Zayn's house for real estate speculation.

• Locked thread