Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Scratch Monkey posted:

Ah the classic "I meant it as a compliment. NOW WHO'S THE BIGOT?" move

"Women should be allowed to love their bodies, and strip whenever they want! I wish you were stripping for me right now :shepface: "

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

tyblazitar posted:

I'm not trying to defend people posting on incel boards, but the idea that everyone else is laughing at you behind your back and looking down on you is textbook social anxiety, and I find it hard to point and laugh at social outcasts with mental issues so severe that just going outside is an agonizing experience. Also, you should maybe consider that "I, as someone in a completely different situation from these people, have never experienced the kind of attitudes they talk about, so it must not be real" is a pretty lovely way to look at it, even if the group in question seems to be trying its hardest to not earn any sympathy.

Also, for people who have made some or all of the milestones it's easy to talk about how it's not as big of a deal because they've already accomplished it. But for a person who hasn't they're not going to always see it this way.

While being unmarried isn't as big of a taboo any more, people will still use a person's sexuality as a social value indicator. In another thread, someone posted something to the effect of "There's no reason a guy should still be a virgin in 2016 when Tinder and Alcohol are a thing". poo poo post or not, statements like this can reinforce to an already vulnerable person that they are somehow defective, and the anxiety and neurosis about it kind of folds itself over a thousand times into a fully forged incel.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Does anyone have any Canadian gun nut isom?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Puppy Time posted:

It's supposed to be that way. It's explicitly the action of shaking one's head in pity at the dumbass actions of a person who can't be reasoned with and is bringing shame or injury on itself.

Basically the nonverbal equivalent of Southerners' "Well, bless your heart!"

I would say 'bless your heart' is more versatile, and can be used in both a contemptuous and noncontemptuous way. It rather depends on subtle context clues and tone.

However, your point stands, and I'm just nitpicking because I've been around it all my life.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Arcsquad12 posted:

Go for it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Arcsquad12 posted:

Much of it is just Canadian idiots reposting American macro idiocy.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Panfilo posted:

Also, for people who have made some or all of the milestones it's easy to talk about how it's not as big of a deal because they've already accomplished it. But for a person who hasn't they're not going to always see it this way.

While being unmarried isn't as big of a taboo any more, people will still use a person's sexuality as a social value indicator. In another thread, someone posted something to the effect of "There's no reason a guy should still be a virgin in 2016 when Tinder and Alcohol are a thing". poo poo post or not, statements like this can reinforce to an already vulnerable person that they are somehow defective, and the anxiety and neurosis about it kind of folds itself over a thousand times into a fully forged incel.

I dunno, I didn't lose my virginity until I was 23 since I had some dumb idea about saving myself for someone special. Other than disappointing a few dates, I never really felt any pressure to get laid.

Its not that no sex will break a person. It's that these people are broken.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

CommonShore posted:

Much of it is just Canadian idiots reposting American macro idiocy.

"The right to bear arms shall not be infringed, eh?"

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Double post, eh?

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Puppy Time posted:

It's supposed to be that way. It's explicitly the action of shaking one's head in pity at the dumbass actions of a person who can't be reasoned with and is bringing shame or injury on itself.

Basically the nonverbal equivalent of Southerners' "Well, bless your heart!"

Now who's the idiot? Me, that would be me.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

on a public post discussing trump's wife's dress at the debate, so not going to bother censoring

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

You can either

(a) receive oral sex instantly and on demand for the rest of your life, but only from ole Don
(b) never receive oral sex again

Which do you choose?!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pastry of the Year posted:

You can either

(a) receive oral sex instantly and on demand for the rest of your life, but only from ole Don

Which do you choose?!

*mashes B until the button or my finger breaks*

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

This is maybe the 10th time I've heard poor people compared to animals in the last few years! Hooray!

Also hooray for the jpg of a xerox or whatever the gently caress!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I like how it's a stupid gag that someone has gone out of their way to make it look like it's from a legitimate newspaper.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

You can either

Which do you choose?!

[pensively stares out the window, imagining my new life without oral sex]

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

cash crab posted:

[pensively stares out the window, imagining my new life without oral sex]

[looks exactly like old life]

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

I like how it's a stupid gag that someone has gone out of their way to make it look like it's from a legitimate newspaper.

Oh no that seems right on trend to have been published as a letter to the editor in a smallish local paper. Looks like whoever clipped it just left off the name of the letter-writer.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Eh! Frank posted:

[looks exactly like old life]

Yeah, but now it's 100% guaranteed Donald-free!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

You can either

Which do you choose?!

To be fair one person picking A and invoking it at the right time could make 2016 a much better year.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

You can either

Which do you choose?!

Depends on how much one loves America and is prepared to do what is right for the country.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I dunno, I didn't lose my virginity until I was 23 since I had some dumb idea about saving myself for someone special. Other than disappointing a few dates, I never really felt any pressure to get laid.

Its not that no sex will break a person. It's that these people are broken.

Try 30.

zakkro
May 29, 2015

Man, white people have it just as bad smdh

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
This Facebook guy is crazy good on the weather. He's very accurate and doesn't sensationalize anything. People will get mad when he's "wrong", for example we were in danger of getting hit by a hurricane and he was keeping good track of it. Turned out people were just hoping it'd hit us even when he clearly said the most accurate models had it going out to sea, but they took his "be prepared" warnings as "it's gonna hit us!" But he shares a lot of dumb poo poo like this:

What's this have to do with the weather? No one's calling him out on it, just a lot of posturing from other people with similar memes.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Shared a Joey Salads video, aka the guy who just straight up hires actors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2ganadAS-4&t=117s

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Ularg posted:

Shared a Joey Salads video, aka the guy who just straight up hires actors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2ganadAS-4&t=117s

He also peed in a cup for a filthy frank cake video.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I couldn't create a more fitting pseudonym for a Professional Attention Twerp than "Joey Salads" if I was given access to a behavioral studies lab

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Yes, I suppose if you hang out in a black neighborhood long enough eventually a black person will walk in your direction. (I'm sad that I immediately knew what the meme was really saying, because it means that I understand/buy into the cultural narrative that all black men are dangerous.)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The share was a video of a "Totally crazy reaction" of black men seeing the "All lives matter" sign then taking their shirts off and chasing Joey Salads. Cuts to outside a Walgreens with a Black Lives Matter sign high fiving white people.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I saw this one; it's the one with Sam Jackson in it. He has to carry the sign or Simom Gruber is gonna like blow up a school or something.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Youtube "pranksters" and their assorted ilk have a history of faking violent responses from black people, and as such can eat poo poo.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Edit: False alarm, that was her handle and she recently changed it.

MizPiz has a new favorite as of 03:56 on Sep 28, 2016

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I think I found one of the worst pages on Facebook. It's called "Like if you love Native Americans"

https://www.facebook.com/nativeamerican01/?fref=ts

It's about 1/3 "Look at this hot Native person, how many likes?!?!?!?" and the rest is the worst click-bait tripe in existence.

I saw some comments by people on random links saying that they liked the page to learn about Native American issues and to offer solidarity. Why would you not look at even two posts on the page before hitting that like button?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

Picnic Princess posted:

I saw some comments by people on random links saying that they liked the page to learn about Native American issues and to offer solidarity. Why would you not look at even two posts on the page before hitting that like button?

They probably did. People think stuff like that is positive and useful. Because they're morons.

Coucho Marx
Mar 2, 2009

kick back and relax
I loving Love Science Native Americans

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

TinTower posted:

https://twitter.com/mlong5000/status/780523909816913920

I mean, it's not as if PTSD is a common occurrence amongst rape survivors, you know?
The word "trigger" just triggers people. Call it a "content warning" and suddenly it's a perfectly reasonable thing that's been happening for decades and no one cares.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Tiggum posted:

The word "trigger" just triggers people. Call it a "content warning" and suddenly it's a perfectly reasonable thing that's been happening for decades and no one cares.

Somebody said it before, the people who complain the most about trigger warnings are the most sensitive snowflakes of all, unable to handle even the slightest challenge to their opinions.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

I really hope someone didn't type "theoretical" as "Theo Retical".

Data Graham posted:

I know this hardly needs spelling out, but I love how the wording conflates "three specific skittles in the entire bowl are deadly, but most are fine" with "all skittles are so poisonous that eating any three will kill you".

Just eat 2 at a time then, duh.

Fathis Munk posted:

:stonk: agreed.

Also yeah the tvt threads were cool and the whole Jay o thing pretty interesting.

Any chance you happen to have a link on hand about the jayo thing?

Cuntellectual has a new favorite as of 15:31 on Sep 28, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Electric Lady posted:

"Women should be allowed to love their bodies, and strip whenever they want! I wish you were stripping for me right now :shepface: "

Vocally Feminist Man Proudly Supports Female Sexuality, Especially In His Immediate Area

Anyway, I wish Imgur had a consistent stance. Because I can't loving tell what's up with them.

Is rebelling against the status quo good?

http://imgur.com/gallery/E3cN9Ef

Or do people need to sit down and stop complaining all the time?

http://imgur.com/gallery/R46Y1

Also, ban every safe space forever, I guess.

http://imgur.com/gallery/k6kiXVe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

RareAcumen posted:

Also, ban every safe space forever, I guess.

http://imgur.com/gallery/k6kiXVe

I wouldn't call a political protest a "safe space", for one.