Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

FAUXTON posted:

More than any other thing Roadhog can do, his ability to reliably and consistently and frequently hook targets is beneficial to the team. Be it hooking Pharah out of the air, an ulting genji out of your flank, a riptire out of the air, or just instagibbing the tracer harassing your healer. Hook accuracy is a measure of how well you're able to keep your team safe with the tools at hand.

Yoinking a charging Reinhart that was about to ult half your team is also a real lifesaver.

I believe it pulls Bastion out of turret mode and is an incredibly easy target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

turtlecrunch posted:

Healer fun rating official: ana > zen >>>>> mercy > getting gold as roadhog/reaper/mei bc it's qp and you don't have a healer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> lucio
hth

bad opinions itt

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Kashuno posted:

bad opinions itt

yeah what the gently caress zen and ana are completely backwards in that otherwise completely true and accurate list

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

ColHannibal posted:

Blizzard knows best, forget about my 3 gold medals as hook pig, the world needs to know about my 67% hook accuracy!

Yeah no, you yell "BEST HOOKER ON EARTH" every time you get that card.

Thread, what are your thoughts about playing Tracer on defense to sortie out their healers?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

CaptainScraps posted:

Yeah no, you yell "BEST HOOKER ON EARTH" every time you get that card.

Thread, what are your thoughts about playing Tracer on defense to sortie out their healers?

I am still learning Tracer but I would say it generally works, but it depends on the map. On a Route 66 or Point Gibraltar you're not going to have much room to do it on the first point, but after that it seems to work quite well especially if they aren't countering you.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Mercy more fun than lucio? Not in this universe buddy. Take your healslut agenda back to kotaku pal.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I guess some people like their hide and seek skills being more central to their character's performance than being actively involved.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Mercy is way more fun than lucio

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Zen is the best because he kills things more

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Lucio is way more fun than mercy

:ohyeah:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ana > Lucio > Zen > Mercy

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Mercy is the healer for sniper pickers, because even Ana needs to be involved in fights unlike Mercy and snipers.

Lucio, Zenyatta and Ana are all really fun to play actually and are varied enough that they don't really feel interchangeable 1:1.

Mercy is for martyrs and people who literally can't aim.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Tokubetsu posted:

Mercy more fun than lucio? Not in this universe buddy. Take your healslut agenda back to kotaku pal.

Seriously that's madness.

There's no question that Ana and Zen are the most fun though.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

After spending so much time on Zen and the occasional Lucio, picking Mercy is unbearable. She can't do other things while she's healing gently caress this poo poo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the best healer is actually 76

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
mercy's job is apparently to get ult charged then hide until they use all their ults to team wipe you

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Supercar Gautier posted:

After spending so much time on Zen and the occasional Lucio, picking Mercy is unbearable. She can't do other things while she's healing gently caress this poo poo

Maybe get a mouse macro that rapidly alternates right /left mouse button for some situations.

And anybody that can do decently with zero suit Dva will have an even easier time with Mercy.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I like Lucio as a healer as he can take care of himself. It sucks being Mercy and having no one to back you up. Zen can take care of himself as well, but I don't think he is all that good at healing. I never used Ana much, I don't like sniping.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Shnag posted:

I never used Ana much, I don't like sniping.

I end up hip-shooting more than sniping on Ana outside of some situations, like Pharahs (friendly and enemy). She doesn't have Zen's DPS, but if you get attacked and can land a sleep dart, it will prolong your life for an extra second until someone dings them and they kill you.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I don't mind playing Mercy if I'm playing with friends, just because I feel like I can keep them up when being focused more than any other support. Plus it gives me the chance to give advice or guide new players as I am running around healing them.

Zen is definitely my go-to support these days, though. I feel like he rewards situational awareness and that is one of my stronger areas.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

zen is really loving fun but i still switch to Lucio if we don't get a primary healer. Ana + Zen just doesn't really get the job done

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Mercy is ten times more fun than Lucio, agreed. Her positioning is pretty unique and trying to survive as her when literally the entire enemy team wants you dead, makes her way more exciting to play for me. Her gun is also actually fun to use, unlike Lucio's neon lettuce spewer.

Ana is wonderful and so is Zen. I guess Lucio would win a "Who has the douchiest shades?" contest though, so hey even he has an upside.

Mercy > Ana = Zen > The rest of the cast > Sombra, if she's ever more than an ARG tease > Battle Mercy > Paladins: Champions of the Realm >>>>>>>>> Lucio

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Sophism posted:

trying to survive as her when literally the entire enemy team wants you dead, makes her way more exciting to play for me

Nothing feels quite as good as getting through something you had no business surviving.

A couple weeks ago we were defending Hanamura B and a Pharah caught me flat-footed in the middle of the point and decided to ult me. I spotted one of my teammates on the rafters, flew to him, and ended up flying through the missiles to safety. That was some Robotech poo poo right there.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Mercy is Maria, red Tracer is Pyramid Head, the entire rest of your team is James Sunderland. It's the hallway to the elevator segment. G A M E S T A R T

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

junan_paalla posted:

I want to try overwatch with 24/32 player dedicated servers. With 20/30 min map rotations. And maybe a ctf map or two tossed in. And custom maps, jump maps, walkway.

Yeah Walkway would be great. I became a pretty good soldier with that map.

In the spirit of Blizzard games I would love some custom/ums games within Overwatch, and I've been saying that since closed beta. Overwatch graphics tower defense? Hell yeah. SC2 varied it up with some cool custom maps too.

Only problem is I bet people would do a dota like with an isometric view, and that would tread on some feet.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Kupchak says his win expectation is "more than a couple" win improvement. I feel like that's fair. 20 wins for the Lakers is realistic if healthy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

mercy's job is apparently to get ult charged then hide until they use all their ults to team wipe you

I was watching that overwatch open tournament and at one point the camera was on a mercy that was sitting crouched behind a wall, waiting to see if her team died so she could res

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I like playing mercy in the thick of things. Jumping from person to person healing, darting around corners, killing cocky/lovely dps with headshots. The worst part of my game as mercy is my ult usage and that's probably because I don't hide enough to get my 5 man rez

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
if youre solo mercy then you have no choice but to clean up all of your team's damage but if youre running two healers as soon as you get your ult you stay clear of the front line and let your other healer take care of the healing while emergency cases need to retreat to you.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Mercy is weird. She is most fun when your teammates are really good or hilariously bad, but not so much fun when they are in the middle.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Mercy is weird. She is most fun when your teammates are really good or hilariously bad, but not so much fun when they are in the middle.

How is Mercy fun when your teammates are hilariously bad? That's like the most awful time to play Mercy

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Andrast posted:

How is Mercy fun when your teammates are hilariously bad? That's like the most awful time to play Mercy

he probably means that you get sick 5 rezzes all the time

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I feel bad anytime I rez people because someone on the enemy team always ults right after that

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Snazzy Frocks posted:

he probably means that you get sick 5 rezzes all the time

Like those bad players have the good grace to die in a pile. They are all trying to flank and dying all over the map.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Andrast posted:

If they're hilariously bad against another team that doesn't utterly outclass them, you can have a lot of fun just flying around saving everyone from being idiots.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ravenfood posted:

If they're hilariously bad against another team that doesn't utterly outclass them, you can have a lot of fun just flying around saving everyone from being idiots.

This is what I meant

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ravenfood posted:

It's great.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Streaming some 3100 ranked with a goon.

twitch.tv/rbxbot

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Donnerberg posted:

Chaos like that is exactly what I want from weekly brawls instead of "now you can just pick McCree, Reaper and 76".

When is Prop Hunt brawl Blizzard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
it took exactly two sessions of this brawl to encounter an all zarya team, which is unbeatable

why didnt they make this one hero each

also impossible to win on offense

Relin fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 28, 2016