Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Its not the end of the world, with the way the game vomits credits at you means I'll be back to where I was before too long. I was only selling it to make sure I had enough CR to snipe the HE Jag which I've managed to now get in any case but it would suck otherwise if someone else made the same mistake I did.

I know what you mean about poo poo boxes though, my favourite experience so far in this game has been taking a convoy of Isettas from Surfers Paradise all the way out to the other side of the map for a barn find and toot tooting our horns the whole way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Jesus Christ, the total conversion stuff has an AWD drivetrain for the Ford GT. It's insane.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
In 25 levels or thereabouts, I've gotten like 3 cars (all pretty lovely, not HE or even the "You could win!" car). I wish you just got a selection or set car for each level, my luck on roll/random systems has always been awful.

And I have my Fanatec ready to go... Let's get on this PC support thing since you decided you can't use 360 peripherals on XBone for whatever reason.

subx fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Sep 27, 2016

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Eh, you need Xbox Live Gold on the PC, too, to play online?

--edit: I set my G27 to 540° in the global device settings in the Logitech Profiler. Feels nice now in regards to steering. FFB is still rear end, tho.
--edit: Also the fuuuuuuuuuuuck is wrong with online?

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Sep 27, 2016

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Zip! posted:

For the midnight battles do the opponents scale vs what you bring? I don't actually enjoy driving the hyper cars all that much, but don't want to get blown out if I bring an A class.

The two I've gone against where s901 (or 801? Just one point past A class) but they where slow as poo poo, If you're doing well in an A class car you shouldn't have any troubles.

Keket fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 27, 2016

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Would you lot be interested in weekly organized races Ala GRC/GTCC? Maybe a weekend series some time? The ability to make your own tracks/races made me think it might be fun.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

In case anyone really wants to poop sock some credits, unlock byron bay level 5, and do a 5 lap goliath circuit in a he car.

I did that once yesterday, it took an hour. 600k credits, 500k xp, around 700k credits from wheel spins. Also got two he cars.

Tonight I'm going to unlock the "double credits next win" and the "extra xp from next three wins" perks and run that again. Results should be comical

Edit: strongly recommend you turn simulation damage off...

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Combat Pretzel posted:

Eh, you need Xbox Live Gold on the PC, too, to play online?

--edit: I set my G27 to 540° in the global device settings in the Logitech Profiler. Feels nice now in regards to steering. FFB is still rear end, tho.
--edit: Also the fuuuuuuuuuuuck is wrong with online?

Does this actually work? I have mine defaulted to 900 and it still only uses ~180. Wheel support is my biggest hang up so far, if they get the g27 working with good ffb I'll be satisfied.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I have great taste.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Panch posted:

Does this actually work? I have mine defaulted to 900 and it still only uses ~180. Wheel support is my biggest hang up so far, if they get the g27 working with good ffb I'll be satisfied.
I'm mainly dicking around with the Ford GT. Before I had wheel movement 160° lock to lock, now it's 360°. Still not the full 540°, not sure why that is.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Blasting down the 4 lane highway in something that does 180 ish gives you around 150k xp if you stick to the middle stripe. Crazy amount of near miss's rack up and its easy.

Also going to the airport is easy money. any street race triggered from there and you can just point at the finish line and blast straight at it. The ai will mostly stick to the route.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
also when i said it feels more real its because there isnt always a fairly dense little city a minute in any direction like there was in 2. Theres a big city on the coast, the small beach community and then the rest is rural. It just makes more sense and doesn't feel like they are packing in as many landmarks as they can. So ignoring that 3 is supposed to be an entire region it feels like a real city and its outskirts the way its laid out. Id be all for a bigger map, but fast travel would have to be unlocked, im already rushing to get free fast travel as it is.

Also if you hit start and go to the cars tab you can go to the nearest autoshow free from anywhere.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
The FFB in the Xbox version is horribly weak so it might be the same in the PC one.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

My dream would be that they turn it into a platform for content and let you fly to Colorado or France again and just have MAP overload (kind of like TDU2 let you unlock Hawaii).

The cars look and sound so nice in this engine that i even find myself playing in chase cam every now and then for the audio visual experience alone. I'm normally In-Car or Bonnet ONLY, but the exhaust sounds/backfires/etc just sound so much sweeter from the chase camera.

My only real critique is that I wish I could change my car when creating a Bucket List Blueprint - as I've had some swell ideas, but couldn't be arsed to go run back and swap cars. Also - ?I wish Groove playlist had a DJ that would just give you some random chatter and the ability for Skill songs.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

drgitlin posted:

The FFB in the Xbox version is horribly weak so it might be the same in the PC one.

Default is 50%. Did you up it to say 75-80%?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

sellouts posted:

Basically yeah

Also you get the same progression if anyone in your group gets first so who cares just race friends in campaign coop

Or put in cheating controls on the PC version are you loving kidding me right now? Toilet is right. What the hell is wrong with you.

So I have a few questions: Will my wallet hurt buying cars that were cut from the game to sell as DLC and then have 6-7 dynamic events added to the VIP pass? Also, Toilet brought up a good point. With Cross-Platform play, cheating isn't fun on PC. According to Sellout above, it doesn't matter because it's Horizons. That sounds like a white knight cop out answer. Why the hell wasn't that thought of and who was the moron in charge of not making sure protocols were followed there?

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Sep 27, 2016

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

geeves posted:

Default is 50%. Did you up it to say 75-80%?

No, 100, and it's still much weaker than FH2 or FM6.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
I guess I lucked out because I actually found a lot of my favorite cars on the auction house for very cheap by simply filtering the make/models:

R32 Skyline
R34 Skyline
Lexus SC300
'87 Firebird
Galant VR-4 (S1 Rally?)
Subaru SVX

Some of them were even S class despite having buyouts of 20k or less. Dunno if it's because the standard edition just came out today but there are a lot of disproportionately cheap listings in the mix so I highly recommend checking it out.

The overall selection in this game is amazing. Was looking for the Buick Regal, Delta S4, 037 and RX-7 but they were either not even listed or well over 100k credits but other than that my collection is already nearly complete for cheap. At least I now have a good selection of cheap platforms to do comedy builds with.

And of course, first thing I did was recreate my irl car like a huge nerd:

...right down to the obnoxious engine swap and cheap rear end 4-lug Rota wheels! :homebrew:

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Thief posted:

Was looking for the Buick Regal, Delta S4, 037 and RX-7

The RX-7 is a barn find, iirc.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Eleeleth posted:

The RX-7 is a barn find, iirc.

Midnight Battle reward, not barn find.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
No, like the e36, Buick regal and another I forget you get the rx7 from midnight races.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

Midnight Battle reward, not barn find.

Well I'm an idiot and have been doing the wrong things.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Got the mini, also my driver has no soul.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Tried the pc version and holy poo poo did they gently caress that up. my fps drops as i lower settings. I have a 980 and the highest i can hit is everything on ultra 45 fps but it stutters like crazy. locking to 30 still stutters, and with the lowest settings the highest fps i hit is 34. Locking it still makes it stutter.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

DogonCrook posted:

Tried the pc version and holy poo poo did they gently caress that up. my fps drops as i lower settings. I have a 980 and the highest i can hit is everything on ultra 45 fps but it stutters like crazy. locking to 30 still stutters, and with the lowest settings the highest fps i hit is 34. Locking it still makes it stutter.

I have a gtx 1060 3GB (rest my soul) and it runs this game 30-60 fps at 2560x1600 with all settings on high and 4x MSAA. So I don't know bud. Do you have enough normal ram? Recommended is 12 GB.

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
I managed to get rid of stuttering by turning off MSAA, turning vsync on and limiting to 36fps or 48fps. Had to restart the game when changing vsync or max fps to get it to 'stick' though.

Still doesn't stop random crashes when racing or driving around. I get the same crashes by attempting to either buy certain new cars, or redeem any of my DLC cars. Game will just CTD when the select design list loads.

Event log seems to suggest the display driver is making GBS threads the bed, not a loving clue how though :(

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.
Performance is a bit mixed for me.

i5 6600K @ 4.5Ghz
16 GB DDR4-3200
GTX 1070 8GB
Installed to Samsung 750 SSD.
Graphics set to Ultra with Dynamic quality at 1080P, Frame limit and Vsync to 60.

Around the open parts of the map, pretty much locked on 60fps with the odd rare lurch. Around Surfer's Paradise I get the odd dip to 45-50 and the odd bit of shudder. Definitely improved it by overclocking to 4.5Ghz, base speeds I got quite a bit more, so there's definitely a bit of CPU load around town.

EDIT: Any sign of a day 1 patch?

The End fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Sep 28, 2016

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I finally get to play it with the rest of the poors. Let's be friends and race cars, my GT is TheScott2K

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Fayez Butts posted:

I have a gtx 1060 3GB (rest my soul) and it runs this game 30-60 fps at 2560x1600 with all settings on high and 4x MSAA. So I don't know bud. Do you have enough normal ram? Recommended is 12 GB.

Ive got 16gb ram, amd 8370 cpu, and a 980. Installed it to an ssd. My monitor is 1920 by 1080 so im not even pushing the res up. I did eventually get it to hold 30 and not stutter but then it warps around but it looks worse than the xbox version. I forgot to look at gpu usage but cpu doesn't go above 30%. To be honest even with everything at ultra it doesn't look much better than the xbox so if it isnt hitting 60 the move to a smaller screen isn't worth it anyways.

Also i cant find a brightness or gamma setting on pc, did i just overlook it?

It was a free so im not to pissed and im sure they will fix it, but it seems really odd that lowering the settings lowers fps. The only other game I've seen do that was arma2, and that game was a hot mess as well. I suspect its a bug thats effecting some of us, i found an article saying its pretty widespread and they couldn't figure out whats going on either. Your lucky as it seems to effect the new cards the most.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-what-does-it-take-to-run-forza-horizon-3-at-1080p60

DogonCrook fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Sep 28, 2016

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Utnayan posted:

Or put in cheating controls on the PC version are you loving kidding me right now? Toilet is right. What the hell is wrong with you.

So I have a few questions: Will my wallet hurt buying cars that were cut from the game to sell as DLC and then have 6-7 dynamic events added to the VIP pass? Also, Toilet brought up a good point. With Cross-Platform play, cheating isn't fun on PC. According to Sellout above, it doesn't matter because it's Horizons. That sounds like a white knight cop out answer. Why the hell wasn't that thought of and who was the moron in charge of not making sure protocols were followed there?

lol

pls friend me for cheat free racing with all of my friends and then all of your dreams will come true with this game

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

I can't wait to play this game. I mean I have it installed and everything. It just crashes at startup every time. :negative:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

I can't wait to play this game. I mean I have it installed and everything. It just crashes at startup every time. :negative:

There's a possible fix for this from the official forums. Try disabling your recording devices (any mic) in the sound control panel.

The bugs in the pc version of the game are some of the weirdest I've ever seen.

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

GutBomb posted:

There's a possible fix for this from the official forums. Try disabling your recording devices (any mic) in the sound control panel.

The bugs in the pc version of the game are some of the weirdest I've ever seen.

I don't have any. Looks like I'm waiting for an update.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Dr. Faustus posted:

I used to think I saw w0lrah a lot but then this happened. h4x!

Heh, that's an odd one.

Zip! posted:

Just a friendly PSA!

If you go to your garage and see the credit amount listed - choosing "remove from my garage" does not net you said amount of credits for selling that vehicle.

It doesn't give you anything, in fact.

RIP my $1.3m Koenigsegg I guess! :toot:
Was it a reward car or the VIP Regera? If you didn't pay for it you don't get anything for selling it.

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]

Sebastian Flyte posted:

I also have an ultrawide monitor, but no weirdness or issues with Horizon 3 on PC. The UI adapts just fine to the 21:9 aspect ratio, and I usually spot issues with ultrawide resolution in other games, especially console ports where the developers don't always seem to remember that the UI can be displayed in aspect ratios other that 16:9.

Ultrawide here also (3440x1440), and zero issues with the UI. I'm not seeing any stutter or FPS issues at all, I set the FPS limit to 60, and I was even streaming on Twitch earlier. (980ti, i7-5820k, game is on an SSD)

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

How did the handful of you beat challenge #23, find your own path in the Audi?

I cut through a few parts but seem to end up .6 mi short. The stone wall seems to really get me.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Why doesn't the Groove Music radio station shuffle the songs in your OneDrive playlist? Why???

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I have a 980ti and I don't even remember my processor (it was super good about four years ago, so probably midrange now) but I seem to usually be spared performance issues. I'm running a 1440p, 144hz monitor. No Vsync (I am GSync? compatible which prevents tearing) and 8x anisotropic, 4x msaa, everything else Ultra. 16gb of ram.

My personal threshold for noticing FPS sucking is about 45fps, and only in the center of the city area doing 170mph+ did I notice slowdowns around 30fps.

Maybe I'm just lucky with a very stable set of hardware but if it helps I run basically no background programs beyond Windows 10, Bitdefender, and sometimes Discord.

I do get some crashing issues but they don't seem video related as much as engine/game crashes. I also have troubles with some parts of the online but I think that's because I went way too far into disabling windows 10 telemetry/tracking and all of their network features, some of which are probably used by Xbox or whatever.

Tldr, maybe try cleaning up background processes, making sure you're running the latest drivers?

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

sellouts posted:

How did the handful of you beat challenge #23, find your own path in the Audi?

I cut through a few parts but seem to end up .6 mi short. The stone wall seems to really get me.

Is that the one that starts in the gorge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 363 days!
help I can't stop taking goofy pictures

• Locked thread