Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Joementum posted:

Apparently the crowd was shushing them because they wanted to watch the debate :psyduck:

Yeah there were a couple of non grey wolves in attendance. It was a little rough because the debate audio was too high to hear a couple of jokes and there were long stretches where they didn't say anything because Donald Trump was carrying the show. It was fun but definitely light on commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it would have been a fun idea any other time but this was a rare debate that actually lived up to the insane pro-wrestling hype it got and we just kinda got to see Trump near instantly start to melt down when Clinton said 'and he got a big loan from his dad' and poo poo like that. It's hard to make good jokes when there's actual comedy happening on screen already.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Tomahawk posted:

Yeah there were a couple of non grey wolves in attendance.

How does that happen?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Civilized Fishbot posted:

How does that happen?

Caroline's is a pretty famous/popular place so there were bound to be some people who figured "it's here, so it must be worth seeing"

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea it would have been a fun idea any other time but this was a rare debate that actually lived up to the insane pro-wrestling hype it got and we just kinda got to see Trump near instantly start to melt down when Clinton said 'and he got a big loan from his dad' and poo poo like that. It's hard to make good jokes when there's actual comedy happening on screen already.

it's why you're only supposed to livecast things that are bad. (also, and this is a thing, people actually connect with other people over shared live experiences. by listening to the Chapo dudes instead of the debate the people were missing out on what their co-workers are going to be talking about tomorrow, and the realization of that is probably why they got shushed.)

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Seems like if you wanted to watch the debate without dudes talking over it, don't go to a show advertised as dudes talking over the debate :shrug:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Joementum posted:

Seems like if you wanted to watch the debate without dudes talking over it, don't go to a show advertised as dudes talking over the debate :shrug:

did you go to the show joe?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mr Hootington posted:

did you go to the show joe?

No, I am allergic to cities.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Joementum posted:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
just the idea that some randos would go to this show not knowing anything about the people putting it on or the subject matter... cracking myself up at the thought of such people being introduced to Carl Diggler, a 30 year veteran pundit on the political scene who occasionally goes on long tangents about his boner rage foot fetish.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
boy cushbomb sure needs to dial it back live.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Would be interested in hearing it, but riffing on a live debate sounds like a losing proposition.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Thom and the Heads posted:

boy cushbomb sure needs to dial it back live.

He got a blowjob backstage and it stole his chi.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

"Yo, it's ya boy, twitter user YoungTradCath" kills me.

The rest of the calls were good but a rap fan who belongs to the Society of Saint Pius X is a great image.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

crapo FASH house, a cia neonazi-banderist psyop

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
As someone who doesnt really follow Twitter I thought that them saying people were accusing them of being funded by various government agencies and politicians was just a joke, because it was so ludicrous who could possibly believe that.

Then when GBS got shut down QCS was full of people who sincerely believed that the mods were Hillary staffers and they had closed it to silence dissent against her online, and then I realized of course there are people who believe that.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Wait, GBS was deleted? I don't go there anymore and just thought it was renamed a couple weeks ago.

Edit: just checked and it's there, but threads only go back a couple days. So the old GBS was deleted and this is a new iteration?

Dinosaurs! fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Sep 28, 2016

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Dinosaurs! posted:

Wait, GBS was deleted? I don't go there anymore and just thought it was renamed a couple weeks ago.

Edit: just checked and it's there, but threads only go back a couple days. So the old GBS was deleted and this is a new iteration?

Yes, with some new or modified rules in place to (I hope) prevent it from becoming the de facto alt-right forum on SA

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Guy Mann posted:

Then when GBS got shut down QCS was full of people who sincerely believed that the mods were Hillary staffers and they had closed it to silence dissent against her online, and then I realized of course there are people who believe that.

Strangely enough, the guy who was in charge of deleting Hillary's emails was a goon. I think he mostly posted about weed though.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Extremely online Catholics are their funniest enemies yet.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
there are so many diverse groups of dum dums that get angry at these boys... it's a fun game to try and puzzle out the politics of the ones that get retweeted just based on the tweet and the username/avatar. is this one a trad catholic? a tankie? a vengeful Clinton staffer? a friend of Arthur Chu?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

emdash posted:

Yes, with some new or modified rules in place to (I hope) prevent it from becoming the de facto alt-right forum on SA

The QCS thread about the shutdown got over 150 pages of posts in two days, and a good amount of it is incredibly delicious tears from GBS about the grand Tumblr SJW Hillary China fat people conspiracy to silence them.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Joementum posted:

Extremely online Catholics are their funniest enemies yet.

The more powerful extremely online Catholics on their side, happily

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
The gently caress is a tradinista?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

grapecritic posted:

The gently caress is a tradinista?

marxist catholic evidently http://tradinista.com/a-tradinista-manifesto/

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

uber_stoat posted:

there are so many diverse groups of dum dums that get angry at these boys... it's a fun game to try and puzzle out the politics of the ones that get retweeted just based on the tweet and the username/avatar. is this one a trad catholic? a tankie? a vengeful Clinton staffer? a friend of Arthur Chu?

in the end it's always al giordano

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I think this sums up the tradinistas
https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/781189572759814145

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Da Share Z0ne Admin = the Great Deceiver. Satan has discovered Meme Magic.

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/771090576796061696

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Was the video that they played during their Genius show ever posted? I think WIll said it would be (in the podcast version intro?)

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Slanderer posted:

Was the video that they played during their Genius show ever posted? I think WIll said it would be (in the podcast version intro?)

The vimeo link is in the episode description along with the password.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

who is your favourite trap house enemy group, friends? I like the trad caths but can't go past the tankies for their ideological purity and CIA psyop theories

e: I think the fact that I know every single one of the various groups in opposition to a leftist internet podcast is evidence for the deleterious effect of Twitter on your mental health

BBJoey fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Sep 29, 2016

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Yeah it's not like a good part of this podcast isn't like a third driven by twitter beef or anything.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Leftist infighting has always happened, Chapo is just the first time I'm aware it's been successfully monetized.

They're better at capitalism than their sponsors at the CIA and Mossad.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it's not just the leftists though, you've got the elevator conservatives, the anime meme nazis, whatever the hell Ben Shapiro is, it goes on

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

BBJoey posted:

who is your favourite trap house enemy group, friends? I like the trad caths but can't go past the tankies for their ideological purity and CIA psyop theories

Milo, just for that one time an interviewer called him "Yabbadabbadoo-opolous" to his face.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

BBJoey posted:

e: I think the fact that I know every single one of the various groups in opposition to a leftist internet podcast is evidence for the deleterious effect of Twitter on your mental health

New York Times op-ed writers. :swoon:

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

The vimeo link is in the episode description along with the password.

Thanks

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

BBJoey posted:

The tankies are my fave. Everything they say is basically gibberish outside of their circle of locked accounts that tweet each other all day. Best of all being that one of their key figures being a millionaire smut heiress.

Edit: Oh and said smut heiress seems to believe they all live in a park slope mansion.

Literally fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Sep 29, 2016

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the tankies finest hour imo:

https://twitter.com/RedKahina/status/487998152910196737

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How do I get into this podcast and understand any of the lingo in this thread