Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

EvilHawk posted:

Big Sam to big sack, what a massive shame.

I don't think he said anything too egregious in the video, but what's more concerning is that he was willing to meet some very sketchy people and, at the very least, skirt around the edges of the rules. I think the bigger concern is what he was willing to do for those people he knew more closely.

Troy Queef posted:

I remember how Big Sam pretty much blackballed Ravel Morrison from West Ham because he wouldn't sign with Mark Curtis, who at the time represented about half of the WHU first team plus Allardyce.

Checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Big Sam did nothing wrong.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
https://twitter.com/oilysailor/status/780859736950509568

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Thats a good stat.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

They wouldn't have gone down with Sam in charge

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Chillean miners spent 69 days in a dark hole?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Wasn't there a panarama thing ages ago that said Allardyce was dodgy as gently caress? I mean everyone knew it so it was only a matter of time that he'd get busted.

Will be interesting to see if England stick to their guns and hire another old school English manager (Steve Bruce is the obvious answer) or get someone in that's actually competent. I reckon they'll give it to Southgate if he does well in the matches he's given. He definitely isn't good enough though

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Who's playing Big Sam in the film?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

TheBigAristotle posted:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

TheBigAristotle posted:

Meat Loaf

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Ewar Woowar posted:

I reckon they'll give it to Southgate if he does well in the matches he's given. He definitely isn't good enough though

Who the gently caress is though? Even if God managed the team personally he would still be criticised by the press.

Southgate is the best option at least until the next competition, assuming he is not an idiot and somehow chooses a team worse than the one Allardyce picked.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Ewar Woowar posted:

Wasn't there a panarama thing ages ago that said Allardyce was dodgy as gently caress? I mean everyone knew it so it was only a matter of time that he'd get busted.

Yeah it named him, 'Arry and Fergie, and that's why Fergie fell out with the BBC regarding interviews. Big Sam reckoned he was going to file a lawsuit against Panorama for the 'slander', wonder how that's going :ironicat:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Spangly A posted:

big sam lasted 67 days

so close

2 days more come on...

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Yeah it named him, 'Arry and Fergie, and that's why Fergie fell out with the BBC regarding interviews. Big Sam reckoned he was going to file a lawsuit against Panorama for the 'slander', wonder how that's going :ironicat:

It was another show that caused the fall out with the BBC that came two years earlier called "Fergie and Son," about how his idiot son Jason used his fathers name and influence in the transfer market, and took bungs from various clubs along the way.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Ewar Woowar posted:

Will be interesting to see if England stick to their guns and hire another old school English manager (Steve Bruce is the obvious answer) or get someone in that's actually competent. I reckon they'll give it to Southgate if he does well in the matches he's given. He definitely isn't good enough though

Well, about that...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/27/exclusive-eight-premier-league-managers-took-transfer-bungs-clai/ posted:

Eight current and former Premier League managers stand accused of receiving “bungs” for player transfers after The Daily Telegraph found widespread evidence of corruption in the English game.
Managers on the make ... as described by agents
Manager 1

Ex-Premier League manager allegedly liked “bungs” in cash or deposited in a Swiss bank account. Pagliara said: “I can call [X] now and all it is with [X] is 'How much, Pino? And will it be the same Swiss bank account?’”

Could be anyone no longer managing to be honest. Would need to be someone reasonably intelligent (or have intelligent advisors) to set up the Swiss bank accounts.

quote:

Manager 2

Ex-top flight manager has had “more backhanders than Wimbledon”. Pagliara said: “This is what I hate... the guy that used to need the money but he’s had so much now that all of a sudden he’s whiter than white.”

Almost certainly 'arry or Bruce.

quote:

Manager 3

After managing several British clubs, he was allegedly fired by one for having “his fingers in the till”. Pagliara said he would get involved if “you understand that when we do deals I have to have a carrier bag with some cash”.

Pulis and Pardew are named that have been thrown about, I wonder whether Coyle could be one as well (mostly because of "British" clubs).

quote:

Manager 4

Pagliara said of this boss with Premier League experience: “We know him very, very well. We do a transfer, [X] has winked at us and said 'Yeah, I want the player. Is there a little coffee for me, Pino?’ Yeah, course there is.”

Again, either 'Arry or Bruce are most likely.

quote:

Manager 5

Ex-Premier League manager who, said Pagliara, would call him and say “here’s the number”, and give him details of a Swiss account. He said: “It was always numbered accounts.”

Could be anyone again.

quote:

Manager 6

A former player who now manages, he allegedly likes extra money to secure deals because he is not on a big salary at his club. Pagliara said: “[X] takes a few [inaudible] because he’s not being paid big money.”

Mark Hughes? Could also be someone in the lower divisions (doesn't mention Premier League manager...)

quote:

Manager 7

Ex-Premier League manager is another “we can put on the payroll”. If a player was transferred for £10m, “we’ll turn round to [X] and say, listen, if you take this player we’ll look after you. OK? OK, boom.”

Could be anyone again, though no mention of Swiss bank accounts this time suggests less intelligent/well connected.

quote:

Manager 8

Agent Dax Price said this long-serving manager would pick three trusted players and tell them he was paying them an extra £8,000 per month, on condition that they paid him £4,000 per month each.

Long serving managers are few and far between these days. Wenger is the obvious one but realistically they would mention something about Premier League experience and £4,000 per month isn't much for a Premier League player. Suspect Mick McCarthy or Phil Brown tbh.

It's going to be interesting to see if/when the Telegraph name names. There's really only four maximum Premier League managers, and we can pretty much rule out the big names (Klopp, Mou, Wenger, Conte, Poch, Pep) based on the information provided. It almost certainly implicates some if not all of the popular English managers.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

stab posted:

So as a non european all i need to know is how much closer is it to coming home lads after this event

It's coming home, Scotland will qualify now England are in disarray :scotland:

We'll lose to the Andorran under 17 , 5 aside team and not qualify :suicide:

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Pardew was on piss-all at Newcastle and I'd strongly suggest him.

Also he has a west ham link and west ham were way more obviously corrupt in the 90s until the owner ran off with the rio money and left a half finished stand as his replacement.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They could all just be one of Nigel Pearson's personalities on a given day tbh

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Skinty McEdger posted:

It was another show that caused the fall out with the BBC that came two years earlier called "Fergie and Son," about how his idiot son Jason used his fathers name and influence in the transfer market, and took bungs from various clubs along the way.

You are quite correct, my mistake.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Pretty much what Jason Puncheon accused Warnock of doing

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
broken britain

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

TheBigAristotle posted:

Do a full reconstruction and call it "Mike Bassett: England Manager: Volume 2".

There is something poetic about Big Sam vying after the England job for years, which is a position that pays very well, and being brought down by the money grubbing poo poo he engaged in at club level.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
bungs

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

you've blown this wide open

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
RIP Big Sam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upkYQqbrjSc

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Bea Nanner posted:

you've blown this wide open

put a cork in it :arnie:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
lmao England has to find a new manager out of their stable of dogshit championship managers because it's an awful broken pseudo-country

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
The Brexits just keep coming

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

blue footed boobie posted:

lmao England has to find a new manager out of their stable of dogshit championship managers because it's an awful broken pseudo-country

itll be van gaal

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Eau de MacGowan posted:

itll be van gaal

Not the manager we want, but the manager we deserve.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Whos the most trustworthy manager in the league? Surely eddie howe isnt up to anything dodgy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Big Sad :(

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

He's just trying to find the headphone jack

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

atomic gog posted:

Whos the most trustworthy manager in the league? Surely eddie howe isnt up to anything dodgy

Guidolin. Despite being Italian he has no power over transfers/contracts and can't speak English.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

There is literally no one good available. Get Hoddle back for laughs.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

c0burn posted:

He's just trying to find the headphone jack

That's not even an iPhone 7 smh

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Marcelo Bielsa would be the most incredible choice

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Poor Sam :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh Big Sam, you loving retard idiot.

On the upside as a Finn whose national press seems dedicated to fellating various celebrities and trying to make celebrities out of politicians, it's nice to see proper journalists doing their jobs.