Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm fuckin poverty and my apartment is bigger than this shite

no smoka, you are the poverty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

well i laughed

Spambort
Jun 19, 2012

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
that is not canon

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

abraham linkedin posted:

no smoka, you are the poverty

sure, but I don't pay exorbitant amounts of money for an apartment that makes me fold my bed up when anyone comes over

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
pepe noooooo

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I'm fuckin poverty and my apartment is bigger than this shite

tinyhomes are expensive as gently caress

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
on the other hand, early investors in the rares market must be loving elated right now in the niche value just skyrocketing rn

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I don't even know what's real anymore

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Sniep posted:

pepe noooooo

:rip: co-opted by racist memesters

thanks russia and palmer luckey

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvxdLH1ejaA

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

lol if you dont live in an empty room and just lay face down on the floor until you have to go to work again

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

DrPossum posted:

lol if you dont live in an empty room and just lay face down on the floor until you have to go to work again

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

tinyhomes are expensive as gently caress

i saw this promo for a tinyhome village with a common area and pool thought ah cool

turns out it was a hotel renting them for 150+ a night

lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
We looked at a detached cottage today with about 400-500 square feet for $755/month. If you don't need some stupid huge apartment for all the dumb poo poo you buy because your life is empty, you can live cheap.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Jonny 290 posted:

We looked at a detached cottage today with about 400-500 square feet for $755/month. If you don't need some stupid huge apartment for all the dumb poo poo you buy because your life is empty, you can live cheap.

How big is the hausbüs?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

http://www.suppermariobroth.com/

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

maniacdevnull posted:

How big is the hausbüs?

its really hard to establish but it's nominally 8 feet wide (federal max) and 37 feet from bumper to bumper. I estimate that once you take out stuff like cabinetry square footage, it ends up being 200, 220 square feet of what we would call space

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

I got 800 square feet for $700

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

You can buy blueprints and build one for ~20-40k, depending on what you want. They don't have to be stupid expensive they just usually are. It's a neat idea if you could pare down your stuff and always kept it clean. 400 square feet doesn't seem too small to me, but some of the tiny homes are barely 100 square feet, which would be annoying. Ah yes, time for dinner. All we have to do now is set up the table before we sit down. It'd get bothersome quickly.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Broken Machine posted:

You can buy blueprints and build one for ~20-40k, depending on what you want. They don't have to be stupid expensive they just usually are. It's a neat idea if you could pare down your stuff and always kept it clean. 400 square feet doesn't seem too small to me, but some of the tiny homes are barely 100 square feet, which would be annoying. Ah yes, time for dinner. All we have to do now is set up the table before we sit down. It'd get bothersome quickly.

400 square feet is small

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

SmokaDustbowl posted:

400 square feet is small

it is but not obnoxiously so

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
400\500 sq feet is cool if you like making GBS threads in the kitchen

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tiny houses are literally the worst of both worlds, you have the heavy weight and ricketyness of traditional 2x4 construction, but all the lack of foundation of a mobile home because you put it on a flatbed trailer. They are the worst compromise, and their uptick is symptomatic of the real problem, which is not the premium on housing, but the premium on land. They're rolling building code evasions.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Jonny 290 posted:

its really hard to establish but it's nominally 8 feet wide (federal max) and 37 feet from bumper to bumper. I estimate that once you take out stuff like cabinetry square footage, it ends up being 200, 220 square feet of what we would call space

How big would the property be? I could see you building a giant fuckoff garage workshop hamshack smokedungeon thing, and that would be rad af

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

tiny houses are literally the worst of both worlds, you have the heavy weight and ricketyness of traditional 2x4 construction, but all the lack of foundation of a mobile home because you put it on a flatbed trailer. They are the worst compromise, and their uptick is symptomatic of the real problem, which is not the premium on housing, but the premium on land. They're rolling building code evasions.

you're married right? you'd want at least 800sq feet like my apartment, and even that would be tight with 2 people

I'm a loving loser so I don't have to worry about that, except for my waifu pillows

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Jonny 290 posted:

Why aren't millennials buying houses? Specifically mine. So i can retire. loving Obama.l!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I didn't save a penny while i worked and i can't afford my vacation house any more! This is everyone's fault but mine!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

SmokaDustbowl posted:

you're married right? you'd want at least 800sq feet like my apartment, and even that would be tight with 2 people

I'm a loving loser so I don't have to worry about that, except for my waifu pillows

We've been married for six years, together for 10 and 1180 square feet was, by our measurement, about 600 square feet too large for us. Two of the three bedrooms in the arkansas house were nothing more than storage, which I could have rented for $45/month and saved $300 a month on the mortgage.

Also we have learned that THings Are Crap, anything we can afford will fall apart, we'll never have heirloom furniture or anything like that so it's dumb as gently caress to get 1000+ square feet, just to fill it with MDF Ikea garbage so it doesn't feel like an abandoned house

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
i have 1180 sqft for $225,000

gently caress denver real estate

at least its not bay area

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

watched the whole thing

god help me

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Sniep posted:

That's loving cheap over here. Near me youd be looking at closer to 300-350

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

We've been married for six years, together for 10 and 1180 square feet was, by our measurement, about 600 square feet too large for us. Two of the three bedrooms in the arkansas house were nothing more than storage, which I could have rented for $45/month and saved $300 a month on the mortgage.

Also we have learned that THings Are Crap, anything we can afford will fall apart, we'll never have heirloom furniture or anything like that so it's dumb as gently caress to get 1000+ square feet, just to fill it with MDF Ikea garbage so it doesn't feel like an abandoned house

man I'm clumsy as gently caress so if someone else was living with me in a small space it'd be all elbows and knees lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
and he didnt mention that its on a quarter acre-ish
its the dirt not the bricks

SmokaDustbowl posted:

man I'm clumsy as gently caress so if someone else was living with me in a small space it'd be all elbows and knees lmao

we have hella dexterity now. truth.

keep in mind that mrs had a metal plate in her foot last september too and spent 6-8 weeks basically immobile and another 4 months on a knee scooter. she is a trooper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sniep posted:

1180 square feet on my block would be at least 3x that much, probably closer to 1M

• Locked thread