Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

no they will not posted:

Hey all, long time lurker first time poster here. Excited to get my posting career off to a start! I probably won't be making any of my own threads to start, just posting in other people's threads for now... I'd be too worried no one would post in them :gonk:

Please describe your fav sandwich, including all types of bread used

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

no they will not posted:

Hey all, long time lurker first time poster here. Excited to get my posting career off to a start! I probably won't be making any of my own threads to start, just posting in other people's threads for now... I'd be too worried no one would post in them :gonk:

Give me your lunch money

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.

The Bananana posted:

I can literally write, and have a decent command of the English language, however my grasp of grammatic mechanics is much weaker, not too mention my lack of awareness of things like story structure and whatnot.

Then again, that 50 shades of gray lady got published, so...

creative convention has a good thread for writing questions. grammar issues are more of a technological challenge these days and are definitely not a good excuse to not write! you can sort those issues out with a human helper, editing software like hemingway editor or grammarly, and/or a decent style guide. (i'm secretly a fan of the harbrace manual, but i suppose the chicago manual is also legit.)

if you're intimidated of the cc subforum, feel free to pm me sometime. i'm not a genius but i'm one of the full time writer goons so i should be able to at least point you in the right direction.

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

no they will not posted:

hi! do you have any pets?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

FluffieDuckie

hamjobs posted:

also also to answer your question way back, yes i'm making yarn! my job is literally the best; i get to gallivant with animals and plants and love on them, they give me their fiber, i turn it into yarn and sometimes weave it into cloth too.

that's a chill af job

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

POOL IS CLOSED

hamjobs posted:

also also to answer your question way back, yes i'm making yarn! my job is literally the best; i get to gallivant with animals and plants and love on them, they give me their fiber, i turn it into yarn and sometimes weave it into cloth too.

that is cool as hell! um, i mean h*ck. i would love to see pictures sometime :swoon:

my grandmother taught me embroidery, and i very occasionally actually do it. i'm slowly working out a design for some linen napkins for my annual partypartyparty. kind of a joke thing but needlework is really relaxing and i always forget about that.

maybe i should post that in sib's art thread *strokes luxurious cashmere beard*

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Hogge Wild posted:

hi! do you have any pets?

We all know he does and they are called fyad

Chunky Salsa

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

hamjobs posted:

Oh dang! When I get too stressed, I always want to quit and go raise alpacas on a farm and spin yarn. I hope it is as chill as I've dreamed.

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Higgy posted:

No cool criminal history.

I have two pups, though:

HangRoose posted:

it took me like 5 tries to figure out how to use the timg tag

i don't have any pictures of mr. t and i gotta go walk the dogs anyway so maybe later if you really need it that bad

cool puppers!

and yes, we'll need pics of mr. t also

----------------

HangRoose

graah this pitiful world is starting to annoy me.

Hogge Wild posted:

cool puppers!

and yes, we'll need pics of mr. t also

sorry for the quality i didn't feel like setting up the light boxes for a photo shoot

social vegan

HangRoose posted:

sorry for the quality i didn't feel like setting up the light boxes for a photo shoot

hell ya mr. t looks like a yobster alright

Big Mean Jerk

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
that turtle looks chill af

POOL IS CLOSED

HangRoose posted:

:eyepop:

one of them hard shell cats i see

HangRoose

of course he's hella chill he's a turtle you can't rile him

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Big Mean Jerk posted:

that turtle looks chill af

turtles are cool

HangRoose

Bo-Pepper posted:

to answer your question from the thread i haven't seen rear end blow gif since old byob this is a good place but very different

i had to type my credit card number into this sketchy site so i could see it in the goldmine or whatever

worth it to relive the excitement

Palisader

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
test

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Chunky Salsa posted:

Oh dang! When I get too stressed, I always want to quit and go raise alpacas on a farm and spin yarn. I hope it is as chill as I've dreamed.

i would not recommend raising alpacas if you want a chill job; they are pretty rowdy and maybe even rootin'-tootin', rough-ridin' sort of pokes. also they will melt you with their adorable death rays that emanate from their beautiful eyes.

basically if you do not want to do a lot of hard manual labor probably don't raise large animals but otherwise it is good. i am not raising these, though, i just provide hair removal services, grading, spinning, weaving, and sorting/pricing advice. it is nicer that way for jobs reasons.

Palisader

eeeeeeexcellent

City of Glompton

hi higgy!

hi hangroose, nice pets!

hello 'no they will not'

nice sig palisader

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Palisader posted:

eeeeeeexcellent

nice yarn witch! also nice hell-baby, way to make a weird kid

Chunky Salsa

hamjobs posted:

basically if you do not want to do a lot of hard manual labor probably don't raise large animals but otherwise it is good. i am not raising these, though, i just provide hair removal services, grading, spinning, weaving, and sorting/pricing advice. it is nicer that way for jobs reasons.

Dang. I have raised goats before, so I would be somewhat prepared, but I think getting into your line of work would be way preferable if it were an option

It's good to know that shaver and yarn spinner is a job option though, thank you :3:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

hamjobs posted:

i would not recommend raising alpacas if you want a chill job; they are pretty rowdy and maybe even rootin'-tootin', rough-ridin' sort of pokes. also they will melt you with their adorable death rays that emanate from their beautiful eyes.

i would love to hear more about alpacas and what you do

POOL IS CLOSED

i want to post some recipes in the yob cooking thread, but i never remember to take pictures. can i post one anyway?

Chunky Salsa posted:

It's good to know that shaver and yob spinner is a job option though, thank you :3:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

RedTonic posted:

i want to post some recipes in the yob cooking thread, but i never remember to take pictures. can i post one anyway?

you might get banned but i'd say just try it

POOL IS CLOSED

Luvcow posted:

you might get banned but i'd say just try it

:ohdear: out of the frying ban and into the pyre

Chunky Salsa

That's the risk you take when you're a Yob spinner

mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I have a picture of a food truck that sets up on my route the the el station after work and caters to dogs specifically on my phone. that dog car and its attendant t line of dogs always cheers me up after a long day. I will figure out how to get it off my phone later.

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

Emmideer

Lovely night, no?
Do ya'll love krunge?

----------------

POOL IS CLOSED

Krunge posted:

Do ya'll love krunge?

i dunno what it is but i feel mysteriously compelled to say i love krunge... must be something subliminal.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
it's my grandmother's birthday today, she would be 107:

her birth certificate always said the 24th but she swore it was a mistake and it was actually the 27th. she had a tough early life so you always had to trust her she was right.

thats her and my grandfather hanging out in the early 30's, he played a banjo in a jazz band and she was a newspaper ad model. they were amazing and beautiful people who took in an ark worth of animals and people. both have obviously passed but just wanted to share a cool old picture of cool old people and say happy birthday gran. :)

POOL IS CLOSED

they looked like a happy couple. it's rad that you have that photograph. look at that sweet ride!

HangRoose

yeah that whip is pretty sick

thanks for the share luvcow

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

RedTonic posted:

they looked like a happy couple. it's rad that you have that photograph. look at that sweet ride!

ya they partied

Manifisto

that is a great pic and story, I feel like I want to hang out with those folks

ty nesamdoom!

social vegan

heck ya happy bday luvgran

HangRoose

so how do i find out who is on twitter

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

that is a great pic and story, I feel like I want to hang out with those folks

people used to drive by and throw bags of kittens on their front lawn bc they knew that my granma would find them homes. in the 50s they had a pair of mallard ducks that they took in and mrs. mallard would walk with my grandmother as she hung up the laundry and hand her clothes pins.

Palisader

Cool old people are great and that is a hella sweet ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Puzzle

compressed fart pieces

Dang that made me miss my grandma, she was a cool lady who told funny jokes and cooked delicious food. Rip to every grandma