Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

oh my god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

incredible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
the thing that rules about this guy is he's so good at explaining the bonkers poo poo he understands in the engine. Like, it doesn't come off like the rambling of a psychopath, but like a great teacher.

That PU rotational displacement thing is loving insane. As soon as he was like, "the pivot point is the real ship" :eyepop:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

the thing that rules about this guy is he's so good at explaining the bonkers poo poo he understands in the engine. Like, it doesn't come off like the rambling of a psychopath, but like a great teacher.

That PU rotational displacement thing is loving insane. As soon as he was like, "the pivot point is the real ship" :eyepop:

:yeah:

Soral
May 30, 2009

a blink is a blink. you can't say it's only 0.5

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
The fact that Bowser blinks even while the game is paused is simply mind blowing. Thread delivers.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the depth of programming in mario64 is just barely less impressive than pannenkoek's ability to discover it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

im doing the vince mcmahon gif in real life

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*mario 64 file select music plays in ny head when i see these screencaps*

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Soral
May 30, 2009

beautiful

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

haahaha

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:3:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

That is very romantic :blush:

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

The penguin blinking while staring at you from inside the screen is spooky

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

is it possible that the secrets of time travel and interdimensional teleporation of matter are hidden inside mario 64

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

is it possible that the secrets of time travel and interdimensional teleporation of matter are hidden inside mario 64

No. Next question

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ocarina and majoras use the same engine as Mario 64 right?

One of the things that this dudes videos also show off is how bonkers game development transitioning from 2D and sprite work to 3D with physics was in the late/ mid 90s. The fact that any of these companies are still making games after surviving that transition is awesome

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Heavily Modified Mario Engine.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Has this ever been confirmed or anything

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Some cool early dev shots of ocarina here

http://www.zeldaelements.net/games/c/ocarina_of_time/development_history

This is what almost ended up being the temple of time

:eyepop:

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

lol

Trevor Gottitall
May 9, 2009
Grimey Drawer

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
[while examining the SM64 engine in deep, PUs and five different blinking systems laid bare in front of you] the guys at Nintendo had lost their loving minds

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
this video is so good

Soral
May 30, 2009

qnqnx posted:

[while examining the SM64 engine in deep, PUs and five different blinking systems laid bare in front of you] the guys at Nintendo had lost their loving minds

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

elf help book posted:

this video is so good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Since there is only one star that uses a Goomba ladder in the any% run, and one a press left, it's possible that some time next year (if he can solve the fire sea pole) Pannenkoek will put together a loving monumental 40 hour (or whatever it is) real time video of him beating SM64 with 0 a presses and without having to fast forward except for that one star. I would watch that whole thing probably

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

Since there is only one star that uses a Goomba ladder in the any% run, and one a press left, it's possible that some time next year (if he can solve the fire sea pole) Pannenkoek will put together a loving monumental 40 hour (or whatever it is) real time video of him beating SM64 with 0 a presses and without having to fast forward except for that one star. I would watch that whole thing probably

this is when commentary will return

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

the cremaster cycle for the 2010s

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I just watched the whole OP video again and I feel so cozy and ready for bed :-)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitmap