Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

(simultaneously)

Chris: BABY WE WERE BORN TO RUN GEORGE RR MARTIN
Sal: I'LL SEW YOUR BUTTHOLE CLOSED AND KEEP FEEDIN' YA AND FEEDIN' YA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I think it's hilarious how Greggulator's voice has not changed since he was a kid on Carmen Sandiego but his body has and he looks like a late 30 something year old man now.

Edit: I mean he is a guy somewhere in his 30s but that juxtaposed with his voice is still funny to me.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

drat, I guess I should go listen to some old bits first to get the context of this Sal thing

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

AndrewP posted:

drat, I guess I should go listen to some old bits first to get the context of this Sal thing

The context is all there in the episode; Tom has been talking poo poo about the Impractical Jokers with a mix of envy and a long slow arc that went from contempt to legitimate admiration for several years now.

Also what in the world was that Beach Boys thing

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Wow... Mike Love is a crazy dude.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

http://www.rocky-52.net/son/son_c/cribbie_bob/cribbie_bob_rockabillyyodel.htm

holy poo poo

(click through for mp3)

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

That sounds like it could be Avalanche Bob before 40-50 years of meth addiction

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Binowru posted:

That sounds like it could be Avalanche Bob before 40-50 years of meth addiction

Not could be. Is.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession
When I heard that tonight I seriously was thrown for a loop and almost wondered if the whole thing was some elaborate ruse. Not really looking forward to more Avalanche Bob calls but at least it feels less pointless now I guess

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I love how is just slightly off beat

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

het posted:

When I heard that tonight I seriously was thrown for a loop and almost wondered if the whole thing was some elaborate ruse. Not really looking forward to more Avalanche Bob calls but at least it feels less pointless now I guess

I thought exactly the same, when he started talking about 1959, "Oh, this dude has really lost it" And then the dude had a for real rockabilly yodel on 45. But this also feels like an apex. He's gonna try to write AD Mike dot BandFan dot Comb and it's gonna be torturous.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Wow he sucked even back then lol

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Not could be. Is.

gently caress

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Man there's no bigger snooze than having a photographer on. Oh wow here's a picture of Barbara Streisand. Oh hey a photo of Clint Eastwood. Whoooo cares.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

The Berzerker posted:

Man there's no bigger snooze than having a photographer on. Oh wow here's a picture of Barbara Streisand. Oh hey a photo of Clint Eastwood. Whoooo cares.

The pictures on twitter were hilarious, they were all taken against the backdrop of a stove. Tom was obviously hating it but not wanting to be a dick to Mike's friend.

Villain's Mask
Nov 28, 2004

This post he typed in cold blood with a toothpick

The thing that throws me about this is that, unless Avalanche Bob recorded this as a teenager, he has to be pushing at least 80. How old is this dude, how has he kept up with his weird thing for so long, and how the hell did he find out about TBS?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Villain's Mask posted:

The thing that throws me about this is that, unless Avalanche Bob recorded this as a teenager, he has to be pushing at least 80. How old is this dude, how has he kept up with his weird thing for so long, and how the hell did he find out about TBS?

He's in his late 60's/early 70's.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_u7zEuL1P0s

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
Anyone recognize those vocal samples after Heartbreaker? I could almost put my finger on it.

Edit:
I guess I now mean the new sample he kept playing after the collage.

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 6, 2016

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel like an idiot asking this but was that really Tom Talking to Brian Wilson? It sounded nothing like him but that lines up perfectly with a story he told recently.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I feel like an idiot asking this but was that really Tom Talking to Brian Wilson? It sounded nothing like him but that lines up perfectly with a story he told recently.

That's really him. I remember that clip coming up back in the WFMU days.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

veni veni veni posted:

In older shows, his New Jersey accent is soooo much thicker and he sounds 15 years younger. It is crazy how much his voice has changed over the years. And that's supposed to be from when he was a teenager iirc

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Holy poo poo that's what greggulator looks like? I pictured like, the skinny guy from clerks, not a beaten up PI.

Also looking forward to Agent Mike dot band com by Avalanche Bob.

It was kinda sad hearing that old record though. Before he was an insane gibbering loon.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Okay, so I guess this is the source of the wailing from the last sound collage and now it has acquired a whole new grating terrible dimension for me

(But I still would love to see it become the new Bad Company sound)

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

WrathOfBlade posted:

Okay, so I guess this is the source of the wailing from the last sound collage and now it has acquired a whole new grating terrible dimension for me

(But I still would love to see it become the new Bad Company sound)

And I was convinced it was some riot girl or anarcho punk band I didn't know. Pretty disappointing.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Tonight's episode has been awesome. Top 100 Blowhards, the return of Wurster, call-ins from Kurt Vile and Hayes Davenport... just a real A+ corker.

When Hayes calls in, at first he pretends he's Avalanche Bob and it's the best.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
New episode of the Mark and Tom Show is up on WTF's feed, too.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

So good to hear Wurster again. I'm pretty sure that call wasn't scripted at all, Tom was laughing at a lot of what Jon said like it was the first time he ever heard it.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I'd have to go through the archives to get a sense of if it's at all true, but I feel like when Wurster calls after a long break, they tend to do more casual riffing about rock trivia than elaborate Newbridge high jinks.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Holy poo poo, this Z-man call

"LOOK AT HOW THE WALLS ARE BURNING! I LIKE FIRE, Z-MAN"

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

quote:

scharpling ‏@scharpling 7h7 hours ago
I was in a car accident driving home from The Best Show. Car is totaled. Im okay, seriously lucky to be alive. I thought I was dead, no joke

gently caress Tuesday.

Harvey Wallbanger
Aug 15, 2009
Oh wowww. Thank god he is okay. As he is the living avatar of the Scrappy Underdog Who Never Quits, I'm gonna need Tom's voice more than ever in the dark era to come.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

What was the big secret of last night's "old, never archived" show? They were hinting at "you'd know why when you heard it."

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Transistor Rhythm posted:

What was the big secret of last night's "old, never archived" show? They were hinting at "you'd know why when you heard it."

People cursed on air without it getting covered up twice is the reason I guess. It's one of those nights were a lot of the callers are spectacularly bad as well. I forgot it was from 2006 and reference to the Sopranos season finale, using a payphone, and Shaq still playing basketball through for a loop.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

It's clear enough once you hear it, but if you don't have the two hours to get through it the show starts going off the rails when Tom plays the trailer to Clerks 2 and lets a curse word go through. Then Pat from Verona calls and tells Tom about the time-space continuum. It's that kind of show.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Seltzer posted:

People cursed on air without it getting covered up twice is the reason I guess. It's one of those nights were a lot of the callers are spectacularly bad as well. I forgot it was from 2006 and reference to the Sopranos season finale, using a payphone, and Shaq still playing basketball through for a loop.

i dont think you got the joke, friend

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Thom and the Heads posted:

i dont think you got the joke, friend

I only listened to like 1/3rd of the episode

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I think it was the joke about Celebrity Apprentice and Trump.

e: i lolled so hard when he let the curse through. I used to do college radio and that's exactly the protocol if there's an accidental curse: don't reference it, keep going on like nothing happened. Someone's actually gotta make a complaint to the FCC inorder to get a fine. We used to have Christian crazies listen 24 hours a day, try to be able to ding people for cursing or forgetting a station ID. If it's a tiny little station, they'll go under and a religious radio station or a ClearChannel could buy the newly freed up licence.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 10, 2016

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Tom let a swear through on the air and he forgot to read the station ID? Or give the phone number out? No wonder this never got archived.

In all seriousness it's a huge relief to hear Tom's okay. We need Kid Jersey more than ever here on Planet Toilet.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
absolutely one of the high points of the show. just fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

I'm pretty sure that it's not actually from 2006. There's a bunch of stuff about time traveling 10 years into the future, and, y'know, it ends with a collage. The oblique reference to Celebrity Apprentice starting in a year and that Tom doesn't have an opinion about Trump probably plays into that as well.