Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Hot Toys popped up some pics of the Daredevil 1/6th figure on facebook. Unfortunately it doesn't have the broken helmet, but he does come with a different head and a few cane/stick combos, as well as a pretty cool looking base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

ThreeA is pushing out a 1/6th scale Dredd. It's comic based so it'll fit in well with Action Cop or whatever that knock off place called their Urban Dredd but this one is actually licensed.
Pre-orders open on the 29th and tend to move fast w/ThreeA

http://comicsalliance.com/threea-judge-dredd-sixth-scale-figure/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"Heavily Armored Special Cop" was their silly name for it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

$200 US is nice.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

RevKrule posted:

ThreeA is pushing out a 1/6th scale Dredd. It's comic based so it'll fit in well with Action Cop or whatever that knock off place called their Urban Dredd but this one is actually licensed.
Pre-orders open on the 29th and tend to move fast w/ThreeA

http://comicsalliance.com/threea-judge-dredd-sixth-scale-figure/

That looks cool. I never read a ton of Judge Dredd comics, but I always loved the character design. I have an old 6" ReAction figure of Judge Dredd, and looking at this makes me want to elaborately repaint it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I still can't believe no store locally or even Amazon has the Abomination wave yet. All the stores near me have either too many of the Red Onslaught wave to ever get them or they had the Giant Man Wave, but still not replaced them. Krogers near my house has only three Captain America left from that wave, but it been about two weeks and haven't been replaced with the Abomination wave figures. It so annoying since I want that Scarlet Witch figure, but afraid this will be like IG88 or Hux (who I never did get) again with Star Wars...bad timing between waves and just flat never seen in stores.

I could order the case, but I already have the Dr Strange wave pre-order and they should be shipping anytime from Amazon. That and the Rogue One figures being available as well.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I could walk into a Wal-Mart and build the entire Allfather wave still. There's like seven series of MLs sharing pegs around town here.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Travis343 posted:

I could walk into a Wal-Mart and build the entire Allfather wave still. There's like seven series of MLs sharing pegs around town here.

Yeah that the case here too. There are some waves where it just down to a single figure left of the wave, like poor Hellcat, Misty Knight, Wasp, and Boomerang at most stores. The Toys R Us I work at had Boomerang for about two years before I finally bought him, which doing that seem to trigger ordering a new shipment, since a few days later the Space Venom wave appeared.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

featurecreep posted:

Pretty sure I do, the downside is I'm out of town for a tech conference all week. PM me to remind me and I can check on Friday.

Wouldn't mind getting rid of the whole figure either if you want, either. Not really feeling Marvel Legends from that era anymore.

I don't have PM. Do you have an email I could reach you at?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

featurecreep posted:

Pretty sure I do, the downside is I'm out of town for a tech conference all week. PM me to remind me and I can check on Friday.

Wouldn't mind getting rid of the whole figure either if you want, either. Not really feeling Marvel Legends from that era anymore.

You could always sell them here. Care to list which ones you have from the Toy Biz era you have?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I've been trying to buy less toys lately, but I always have to pick up the horror stuff. Today I got in NECA's Freddy from Wes Craven's New Nightmare. It's not too bad looking from a distance.

But once you get up close...

Apparently they all have wonky eyes, and also one leg is way longer than the other. The devil head isn't too bad, but it looks like Freddy's wearing a Halloween mask. If I had any skill with customizing I'm sure I could fix the eye.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Did anyone buy any of the NECA Heroes of the Storm figures? I want them but I'm wondering if they're worth the trouble of trying to find now.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

The Rage posted:

Did anyone buy any of the NECA Heroes of the Storm figures? I want them but I'm wondering if they're worth the trouble of trying to find now.

Not yet, but my work still has two Nova left if you were needing her.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo.

https://www.facebook.com/thetoysasia/videos/525127651025684/

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The Rage posted:

Blizzard store has them for $11 each for the regular and $25 for deluxe - http://gear.blizzard.com/heroes

Grabbed a second set to keep carded and it came to like $60 shipped.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

therealjon_ posted:

Blizzard store has them for $11 each for the regular and $25 for deluxe - http://gear.blizzard.com/heroes

Nice, thanks for the tip. I want Stitches, but it's $50 at the Toys r Us around here.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I've got Arthas, he is pretty great. I don't play the game but hey, Warcraft toys.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I got the Nova figure, she's pretty great as well.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gamestop always seems to have them, though probably not cheaper than Blizzard there.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I also got Nova. I was really impressed with the figure, aside from getting her to properly hold her gun was kind of a pain in the rear end.

In other news, I had a lovely figure-opening last night. Opened up the SHF Leonardo and his bandanna peg snapped off as I was removing it from the head. Then the Mastersword handle peg broke off when I first opened up the Link Between Worlds figma. Not sure what to do aside from try to glue them back in place. :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I broke the hand off a $250 statue like right out of the box once.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Agrias120 posted:

I also got Nova. I was really impressed with the figure, aside from getting her to properly hold her gun was kind of a pain in the rear end.

In other news, I had a lovely figure-opening last night. Opened up the SHF Leonardo and his bandanna peg snapped off as I was removing it from the head. Then the Mastersword handle peg broke off when I first opened up the Link Between Worlds figma. Not sure what to do aside from try to glue them back in place. :(

If your Leonardo is a BlueFin distributed one you could try contacting them. For the Link Fgima contact whoever sold it if it was an actual company rather than just some dude on eBay, I guess.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Zebulon posted:

If your Leonardo is a BlueFin distributed one you could try contacting them. For the Link Fgima contact whoever sold it if it was an actual company rather than just some dude on eBay, I guess.

I'll do that. Leo came from BBTS, and I don't remember where the Link Figma came from but I'll look back through my email. I wasn't sure if they would just tell me to contact the manufacturer, and since both are foreign companies I was worried it might end up being a nightmare and never go anywhere. I have a ton of SHF and Figma figures, and this is the first time any of the pegs have broken on me like that.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Found some really good NECA figure stands at TRU yesterday for $10, work beautifully with Marvel Legends.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aphrodite posted:

I broke the hand off a $250 statue like right out of the box once.

Super glue!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What's the word on the DC Icons line? I never see anyone mention them, and they're all still reasonable prices on Amazon. Do they have a lot of QC issues or something?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Reinanigans posted:

What's the word on the DC Icons line? I never see anyone mention them, and they're all still reasonable prices on Amazon. Do they have a lot of QC issues or something?

They are well made, have excellent sculpts, fairly good paint apps and great accessories. But they're kind of tiny so they don't scale with Classics or Legends at all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, I got it fixed pretty easily.

Luckily the end of the arm actually goes into the glove a little bit, so it didn't even leave a seam.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Reinanigans posted:

Incredibly underrated and will be worth a fortune when people finally catch on.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Rhyno posted:

They are well made, have excellent sculpts, fairly good paint apps and great accessories. But they're kind of tiny so they don't scale with Classics or Legends at all.

Huh. I mostly have Japanese SH Figuarts snd Figma, which are on the small side. Do the Icons scale well with those?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Reinanigans posted:

Some of them look pretty good but IMO theyve got really weird knee joints and the scale makes them all but useless to me. I haven't picked any of them up yet.

The hip joints are not great either.

e: And the Superman came out really bad, which also makes it really hard to get into as a DCUC replacement.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Agrias120 posted:

I'll do that. Leo came from BBTS, and I don't remember where the Link Figma came from but I'll look back through my email. I wasn't sure if they would just tell me to contact the manufacturer, and since both are foreign companies I was worried it might end up being a nightmare and never go anywhere. I have a ton of SHF and Figma figures, and this is the first time any of the pegs have broken on me like that.

There's a decent chance a BBTS turtle Figuarts came via BlueFin, so I'd contact them. Could contact BBTS themselves also, since they tend to have good customer support from what I remember. I had to swap out an entire assembly from the original Masterpiece Starscream because the lovely plastic they used caused it to stress fracture with even the greatest of care being used. Hopefully you got your Link via somewhere similarly good in their customer service. Nothing is quite as fun as a nice, $50+ toy breaking right out of the box. I've heard GoodSmile, the Figma company, is somewhat good even with international customers support too if the seller can't come through for you.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/781317044809637888

I was looking at Barns and Nobles today and found the Future Trunks figuarat there. A bit on the short size compare to Marvel Legends (as mentioned by Reinanigans), but he does seem to be the same size of a teenager character like Jubilee. Then again, he wasn't very tall on the show compared to his dad. I just put Ghost Rider in the picture since I am very happy with the recent figure after I got him and finding the old Vengeance motorcycle for two dollars.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rirse posted:

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/781317044809637888

I was looking at Barns and Nobles today and found the Future Trunks figuarat there. A bit on the short size compare to Marvel Legends (as mentioned by Reinanigans), but he does seem to be the same size of a teenager character like Jubilee. Then again, he wasn't very tall on the show compared to his dad. I just put Ghost Rider in the picture since I am very happy with the recent figure after I got him and finding the old Vengeance motorcycle for two dollars.

Trunks is 6" scale with respect to other Figuarts pre-hyperbolic time chamber. Taller than Vegeta but shorter than Goku.

There is a newer super Trunks, post-HTC too who is in Saiyan armor and is taller.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Agrias120 posted:

I read this just before I opened my first ever figma which made me terrified the whole time. Luckily everything was fine.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

Thanks for this! At $49 shipped for all four I can't pass that up.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I finally found an ML Black Panther! In B&N of all places.

Also, I saw this in a Walmart. Tsk.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Are those the versions from the 3 pack?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

Are those the versions from the 3 pack?

Yeah, someone swapped them out, obviously just wanting the Spidey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah, someone swapped them out, obviously just wanting the Spidey.

They wanted the Spidey and the non-battle damaged versions of Cap and Iron Man. Jeez, somebody spent a long loving time on that.