Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i choose to believe the alien ufo sounding whistle in josuke's "diamond is unbreakable" theme is a nod to best-boy/alien mikitaka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Silver2195 posted:

It's an inconsistency, basically. Jotaro reviving Joseph is the only time someone does that (not counting people using their Stands on their own bodies).

Star Platinum can do it because it has the Speed Force

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
You can only do it on dead people because living people project an AT-field which prevents other stands from penetrating them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CJ posted:

You can only do it on dead people because living people project an AT-field which prevents other stands from penetrating them.

i will take the low hanging fruit

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kakyoin was a dead man walking, so his AT field dispersed.

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
Jotaro's stand is actually being really, really cool. His powers improve based on what is cool, it helps that he is also cool.

It's why the pants-making GBS threads stand would be so devastating for him to fight.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Drink Top posted:

Jotaro's stand is actually being really, really cool. His powers improve based on what is cool, it helps that he is also cool.

It's why the pants-making GBS threads stand would be so devastating for him to fight.

I've seen Billy Madison, I've no reason to believe that just because it's coming out of the other exit, it would be any less cool.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Drink Top posted:

We've established that star platinum can hold onto his colon

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Simple

A stand is a manifestation of your soul. Souls can also be spirits. Spirits can be ghosts. Ghosts can choose to some degree how they look, form, and act, within certain limitations, and they can decide whether they are or aren't going to manipulate an object

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I choose to believe that Jotaro concentrates extremely hard on manifesting Star Platinum The World to have a matching white outfit and it uses most of his Stand Power, which is why his time stop is now 1 second.

He could go for a full 5, but he'd rather be dead than unfashionable.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i will take the low hanging fruit

Going inside something isn't the same as just punching a chunk of it out of the way.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
i was playing the eyes of heaven demo and one of the loading screen jojo quotes completely referred to "highway go-go" so fingers crossed for that in the crunchy subs

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There was a Devil May Cry anime episode titled Highway Star

I will destroy CR and Namco-Bandai

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nobody gonna take my name
I'm gonna put it in the su-ubs
Nobody gonna take my name
You know it's Highway Star, Bu-ub

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
jotaro could fart really loudly and have poo poo dripping down his leg, but no way this would be able to break his stoic demeanor

"yare yare, looks like you've made me poo poo my $2000 pants..."

sturgeon general
Jun 27, 2005

Smells like sushi.

Raserys posted:

jotaro could fart really loudly and have poo poo dripping down his leg, but no way this would be able to break his stoic demeanor

"yare yare, looks like you've made me poo poo my $2000 pants..."

JoJo's Bizarre Fetish.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

That's one hell of a stand ability you've got there diego. I didn't see that coming.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/780993779314593797

I legit can't tell, are we back to the same June/July rumor mill stuff or is this more substantial this time?

e: I yanked the second tweet because at least with that one it looks like it's just someone putting up their dream cast, not an actual cast, so I don't wanna be wrong

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 28, 2016

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

It'll be good. It'll be amazing.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Apparently the full title has a Chapter 1 and Kira isnt in the casting call so what the gently caress ever

Part 4 makes sense it takes place in Japan and stars all Japanese people. Takashi Mike did the Ace Attorney adaptation and that was weird and also good so okay

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

No anime adaption will ever reach Speed Racer's height so why bother.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

No anime adaption will ever reach Speed Racer's height so why bother.

Seriously.

I can't imagine any live action thing pulling off the outfits and flamboyance and stuff all that well either, jojos is p much made for animation/drawings

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-28/jojo-bizarre-adventure-manga-gets-1st-live-action-film/.106995

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I feel like the movie won't come together due to all its budget being syphoned off to pay for worker's comp for posing-related injuries. Shokotan was a cautionary tale.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'll watch it if all of you give me 50 bux

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Official site: https://warnerbros.co.jp/movie/jojo/

-shot in Spain (Sitges and Barcelona)
-Josuke: Kento Yamazaki
-Koichi: Ryuunosuke Kamiki
-Yukako: Nana Komatsu
-Keicho: Masaki Okada
-Okuyasu: Mackenyu
-Tomoko: Alisa Mizuki
-Ryohei: Jun Kunimura
-Anjuro: Takayuki Yamada
-Jotaro: Yuusuke Iseya

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Doc V posted:

Okay, since Beautiful Duwang is basically a character in and of itself, does this count as white washing?

Edit: I may be facetious.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Sep 28, 2016

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Morioh is not a real city

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Morioh is real in our hearts.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

RareAcumen posted:

Hey, 'nother Stand Masters question. So, I'm assuming that Stand Users healing faster than most people is also a thing but can Stands manifest inside people? Because I made this gif and it made me realize that if you could also freely put your Stand inside someone else, you could win a lot more fights decisively. Instead of beating on that hard chiseled exterior, just punch em right in the heart.

This is why Jotaro approaches stand fights so goddamn cautiously and why the fights don't actually involve fights, making them so much more interesting. Stands in general (there are exceptions) can just straight up murder dudes even before their unique power comes into play. Charging a stand user is a pretty bold move and is likely to end up in you being a donut.

When the baseline power level of the series is that high, it stops being about who's more powerful and starts being about how to not die. Stand battles can last anywhere from seconds to months and can involve anything from running and hiding to playing a card game to taping up the windows.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Doc V posted:

Official site: https://warnerbros.co.jp/movie/jojo/

-Josuke: Kento Yamazaki
-Koichi: Ryuunosuke Kamiki
-Yukako: Nana Komatsu
-Keicho: Masaki Okada
-Okuyasu: Mackenyu
-Tomoko: Alisa Mizuki
-Ryohei: Jun Kunimura
-Anjuro: Takayuki Yamada
-Jotaro: Yuusuke Iseya

Yeah, oops, that tweet i removed last night really was the cast.

I'm enjoying how upset people are getting about Oku's casting

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Schwarzwald posted:

Okay, since Beautiful Duwang is basically a character in and of itself, does this count as white washing?

Edit: I may be facetious.

A lot of things aren't shot in the places they're supposed to happen because of tax incentives, production costs and a bunch of other cash money related BS. As long as it depicts Morioh and not Morió, Spain, that argument wouldn't work even facetiously. :v:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Cerebral Bore posted:

Morioh is real

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Morioh is real, it's called Sendai

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

a secret no one wants you to know

rohan kishibe
is
hirohiko araki
and he climbs trees

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sekkira posted:

This is why Jotaro approaches stand fights so goddamn cautiously and why the fights don't actually involve fights, making them so much more interesting. Stands in general (there are exceptions) can just straight up murder dudes even before their unique power comes into play. Charging a stand user is a pretty bold move and is likely to end up in you being a donut.

When the baseline power level of the series is that high, it stops being about who's more powerful and starts being about how to not die. Stand battles can last anywhere from seconds to months and can involve anything from running and hiding to playing a card game to taping up the windows.

Well, yeah. I'm not trying to say anyone should abandon thinking fights out in favor of windmilling their arms at whoever they're fighting like this is an episode of the Simpsons- or I didn't intend to, at the least- just that that could've been pretty useful at times maybe. Especially with a guy who got a few seconds of timeout when he was in good shape.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

:siren: mikitaka is almost here :siren:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
someone translates the preview, I heard furansu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The stands are gonna be really bad looking CGI, but in my heart I want the stands to be played by buff actors in body paint that punch each other