Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Apparently a Nebraska player was told he should be hung because he kneeled.
sounds about right for Nebraska

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

did Osbourne say that or did he send an intern

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Thanks, Nebraska...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Apparently I'm Colin Kaepernick

Colin Kaepernick posted:

“Trump always says ‘Make America Great Again.’ Well, America’s never been great for people of color. And that’s something that needs to be addressed. Let’s make America great for the first time.”

But Kaepernick is not a supporter of Hillary Clinton, either.

“To me, it was embarrassing to watch that these are our two candidates,” Kaepernick said. “Both are proven liars and it almost seems like they’re trying to debate who’s less racist.

"And at this point, talking with one of my friends, it was you, you have to pick the lesser of two evils, but in the end, it’s still evil.”

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I love my woQB

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Told this on twitter by some random guy, a coach, or what?

Kalli posted:

Colin Kaepernick needs to Quarterback this country.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Chichevache posted:

Told this on twitter by some random guy, a coach, or what?

Colin Kaepernick needs to Quarterback this country.

Friends, classmates, and Husker fans.

http://deadspin.com/nebraskas-michael-rose-ivey-addresses-racist-responses-1787133198

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Seriously, watch his statement.

Spencer Hall wrote a great piece RE: Rose-Ivey et. al.:

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday...source=facebook

Earlier today, a loving UNL regent (who also happened to be the former mayor of Omaha!) said they should be kicked off the team

http://journalstar.com/sports/huske...campaign=LEEDCC

quote:

“It’s a free country,” Daub told the Journal Star on Tuesday. “They don’t have to play football for the university either."

Yeah, OK Hal. It's worth noting that the three players cleared their choice to kneel with Riley and their teammates before doing so on Saturday. And both Riley and the university president have both publicly supported their right to do this in the past couple days. As a fan, I'm pretty drat proud of that, and of Rose-Ivey.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Kalli posted:

sorry about your bad opinions

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kalli posted:

Yo come be a QB for the Bengals.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Colin my man, look into the candidates the same amount you did into racial inequality. I assure you there is not a lesser of two evils here.

Edit: Trump literally doubled down on stop and frisk and he thinks that it was a contest to prove who was less racist?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Trump is also 10-years-old and fills his diaper with poop and pee on the reg

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Somewhat related but Quannell X is pretty awesome

https://twitter.com/Amir_Hali/status/780477865838063616?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

drat, is the host serious about that poo poo or is it just a gimmick? Also kudos to Quannell for not knocking the poo poo out of him

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't know what show that is but I hate it, even if Quannell's take there was decent.

e: did I fall for a trap here? I'm not familiar with Quannell X.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Sep 28, 2016

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Kalli posted:

yaas, choke me daddy Colin

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I only came across him last year due to this https://youtu.be/-B9mABBXdWY

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

oh my loving god who is that piece of poo poo white gently caress that needs to get slapped and fired?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

drat, is the host serious about that poo poo or is it just a gimmick? Also kudos to Quannell for not knocking the poo poo out of him

Funny how you assume the white guy is "the host"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

blue squares posted:

Funny how you assume the white guy is "the host"

I just assumed that because he introduced the segment. Not usual to see a host lead into a segment.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:thurman:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I am really tired of watching white people be ignorant and awkward about this poo poo on television. and not in a "why don't they ever show any good things white people do??!? #rahowa #whitegenocide" way, but cmon fellow chalkies, get your poo poo together and stop acting like fools

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Why can't YOU PEOPLE understand that simple fact?

ARE YOUR PARENTS BLACK?
ARE THEY SUCCESSFUL?

YES? RACISM DEAD
NO? WELL MAYBE IF YOU WENT TO SCHOOL AND BOOT STRAPS AND SERVED AND USA *mutters under breath* loving whiny ni

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I dunno who that white dude is, but with that voice, I would probably want to strangle him even if he was just reading his grocery list.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I feel like certain section of white people really just don't want to face the truth, which is their own inner racism. They may not even acknowledge it internally but it becomes very apparent when the white guy speaks.

"Oh here we go" when he references the third verse of the anthem
"Are her parents successful?" when why would that even matter, implying they are bums
"Why don't you leave this country?"
"When I was born, it was my country" -- Here it really comes out. He is insinuating, knowingly or unconsciously, that Quanell and black Americans do not belong here.

There are a certain section of white Americans that simply want to ignore and dismiss the issues at hand. It is implicit that black Americans should know their role and shut their mouth. They do not think they are racist, simply because they may not use slurs. But they definitely don't question police, and they definitely don't defend people who are affected by their abuse of power. Look at the pretzels people rolled themselves into to think Trayvon Martin deserved to be murdered.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

e: did I fall for a trap here? I'm not familiar with Quannell X.

I honestly thought this might have been set up to make him look good, but no. This is a regular thing for that station?

I mean gently caress that station for letting the white guy in.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

CortezFantastic posted:

But they definitely don't question police,

this is a problem that needs to be addressed across the board, not only as it relates to extrajudicial killings by law enforcement. but this is as good a place to start that conversation as any, I guess

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

I am really tired of watching white people be ignorant and awkward about this poo poo on television. and not in a "why don't they ever show any good things white people do??!? #rahowa #whitegenocide" way, but cmon fellow chalkies, get your poo poo together and stop acting like fools

I actually am a little tired of all the coverage of ignorant white assholes, personally. I'm a reasonable loving dude who vocally supports BLM and damnit, you just don't see a ton of that covered in the media.

Thanks... Chip Kelly, I guess.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

MrSargent posted:

Colin my man, look into the candidates the same amount you did into racial inequality. I assure you there is not a lesser of two evils here.

Edit: Trump literally doubled down on stop and frisk and he thinks that it was a contest to prove who was less racist?

I'm a little annoyed that he's doubling down on the "they're both equally bad!" argument, when one candidate has met with BLM supporters / leaders and has verbally supported their cause, where they other as you said, literally supports stop and frisk.

I mean, I wouldn't outright disagree if someone said Hillary's arms' length support of BLM is for political purposes, but I'd rather have someone who on the surface was supportive of that than literally taking the stance of "Blacks are always armed, we should stop them and take their guns away."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
And another unarmed Black man was shot and killed by police in El Cajon California. He was mentally ill and his sister had called 911 for medical help.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

seiferguy posted:

I'm a little annoyed that he's doubling down on the "they're both equally bad!" argument, when one candidate has met with BLM supporters / leaders and has verbally supported their cause, where they other as you said, literally supports stop and frisk.

I mean, I wouldn't outright disagree if someone said Hillary's arms' length support of BLM is for political purposes, but I'd rather have someone who on the surface was supportive of that than literally taking the stance of "Blacks are always armed, we should stop them and take their guns away."

Hilary did say that young black men are "predators" though....

Also ^^ jesus christ :smith:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Skwirl posted:

And another unarmed Black man was shot and killed by police in El Cajon California. He was mentally ill and his sister had called 911 for medical help.

Quote from Aljazeera

quote:

"Why couldn't you tase him? I told you he is sick. And you guys shot him!" Olango's sister can be heard telling officers in the video. "I called police to help him, not to kill him.

id like to say this should change something...but im not that naiive

Ahhh ffs,

quote:

If he was innocent my condolences...........

..but if his mental illness was due to islam..........then either way he is doomed because

1.If he renounces barbaric islam ( his mental illness ) he will killed by followers of allah.

option 2

2. He picks up a gun and shoots 100 infidels and gets killed.

CyberPingu fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 28, 2016

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

Kaepernick literally did not do that though.

quote:

"And at this point, talking with one of my friends, it was you, you have to pick the lesser of two evils, but in the end, it’s still evil.”

Just because Trump is a nightmare candidate doesn't absolve Hillary of also being a lying garbage candidate with a lovely history on race. One's just your normal southern democrat and the other is Klansman Foghorn Leghorn doesn't mean we shouldn't call a spade a spade.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Kalli posted:

Klansman Foghorn Leghorn

Name change please!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Skwirl posted:

I have said this before and I will say it again, for mental health crises the worst thing you can do (unless you live in one of the very few cities that has actual mental health support trained officers or whatever they call it in your region) is call the police. Especially if the patient is male. Cops are absolutely terrified of "weirdos" and most have no ability to deal with them except with force, which is absolutely the wrong choice.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

That case looks tragic as gently caress. Dude drew his hands quickly from his pockets and stood in a shooting stance... doesn't seem he had a gun, so he suicided himself by cop.

He was mentally distressed according to his sister, so suicidal isn't a real leap. Supposedly he'd been walking around in the street putting himself at risk of being struck by a car.

The cops shouldn't have shot him. They were preparing to tase him when the guy "drew" on them, and they wound up shooting him because that was the weapon that was pointing at the time. I don't know if any cop in America would have been any better in that moment, honestly.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 28, 2016

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/FOX8NOLA/status/780966966232227840

The first few tweets commenting on it are garbage. The last few are great, however:
https://twitter.com/tmruppert/status/781087585162498048
https://twitter.com/tmruppert/status/781087888159088640
https://twitter.com/tmruppert/status/781088200110379008
https://twitter.com/tmruppert/status/781088943928258560

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chilichimp posted:

That case looks tragic as gently caress. Dude drew his hands quickly from his pockets and stood in a shooting stance... doesn't seem he had a gun, so he suicided himself by cop.

He was mentally distressed according to his sister, so suicidal isn't a real leap. Supposedly he'd been walking around in the street putting himself at risk of being struck by a car.

The cops shouldn't have shot him. They were preparing to tase him when the guy "drew" on them, and they wound up shooting him because that was the weapon that was pointing at the time. I don't know if any cop in America would have been any better in that moment, honestly.

It's sad, but yea...what the gently caress is the cop supposed to do in a situation like this.

I mean, it turned out it wasn't a gun which makes it super tragic but if it was a gun that cop would be dead.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Kalli posted:

Kaepernick literally did not do that though.

Just because Trump is a nightmare candidate doesn't absolve Hillary of also being a lying garbage candidate with a lovely history on race. One's just your normal southern democrat and the other is Klansman Foghorn Leghorn doesn't mean we shouldn't call a spade a spade.

I am absolutely not saying that Hillary doesn't deserve criticism or there isn't more she could be doing. But she actually spoke out about Tulsa and Charlotte recently and gave a great response when asked if cops are racist during the debate. Calling her "evil" isn't calling a spade a spade. If Kap wants more done for racial equality, he should throw his support behind Clinton while at the same time bringing up policy or changes that she needs to champion as President. Dismissing the potential president of the US as evil instead of working with her to enact change seems like a step in the wrong direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
the cops are supposed to know he is mentally ill...

• Locked thread