Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Whaaaat? That's awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Whaaaat? That's awesome!

Yeah, here's the first key visual... uh, kinda off model but hey

edit: Holy poo poo I hope they get a new studio instead of whoever is doing the OVA right now- they hosed up the designs good.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 28, 2016

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Those designs look fine to me.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
I think it's the choice in coloring. It's much glossier than what I take away from the color pages.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Juno looks awful in that second one.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
It's the eyes. I could easily also mistaken Juno for being female if I look at his head only.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Dervyn posted:

It's the eyes. I could easily also mistaken Juno for being female if I look at his head only.

I don't see how this is different from the manga.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
juno is supposed to be incredibly handsome, which generally means incredibly feminine in japanese terms

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The general shape of his head and eyes are off.

Aster fared better but they kinda rounded his face off.

The main thing that looks different in Tataba's style are the eyes and they didn't really replicate that.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Why do the two translations for this constantly switch up the names?

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Haven't mistaken him for female in the manga. Those eyes are off, especially in the second picture.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Fabricated posted:

Juno looks awful in that second one.

Agreed. I got excited for a anime but now not so sure. It looks QUAlity.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

BlitzBlast posted:

Why do the two translations for this constantly switch up the names?

Because they're by different people and a lot of translation choices are subjective.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 29, 2016

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Man, a doctor telling the protagonist that they can never do X again is a really stale plotline. At least we're not seemingly going to be waiting long until it's fixed.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Deki posted:

Man, a doctor telling the protagonist that they can never do X again is a really stale plotline. At least we're not seemingly going to be waiting long until it's fixed.
He can go hang out with Midoriya in the mutilated arms club.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Really stale plotlines is what this manga does, to be fair.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i hope he gets some cool magic robot arms

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i hope he gets some cool magic robot arms

Like in Fullmetal Alchemist?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also the main character in Hinomaru Zoumo has a hosed up arm right now.

Protect your arms, Shounen Jump protagonists!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Limbs are the go to heavy injury because then you don't hurt the face.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
That is a very good point. Now I want to see a shounen series where the main injury is like, burn scars or something halfway through. Not that I'm wishing massive burns on anyone or anything.

They could have a Shishio phase wrapped in bandages, then come back stronger and with a different look.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
arms were the standard shounen injury for ages because it is debilitating but allows a character to still move around. a crippled leg means hopping around on a crutch and no one thought that was cool until oda bucked the trend.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Aster's "never give up" schtik is normally annoying but him basically giving Cave Johnson's speech on lemons is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ufRnf2Exc

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 2, 2016

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Fabricated posted:

New Chapter:

I know that the actual Japanese doesn't say this exactly but honestly I really like the Bulls being ghetto street-talking trash.

I love this manga

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that is prrrrrrrobably not a direct translation but it totally suits his character

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It absolutely isn't but I really wish it was.

Also, if it gets a proper anime, I want it to be a gag dub to the effect of Jaimini's Box's script. Charlie Murphy as Yami's dub voice.

I know we'll get some insanely dry, boring, and overly literal localization but I can dream.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

so good

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Good: Spooky witch forest
Bad: Using characters from a side story LN without reintroducing them

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh good, i thought that i must have completely forgotten an arc

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wonder if the spiteful witch queen will also fall hard for aster? everyone else does.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

oh good, i thought that i must have completely forgotten an arc

Yeah I was loving baffled until I read the :siren:comments section:siren:

I don't know why they decided that was a good idea

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Vanessa Rules.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Erg posted:

Yeah I was loving baffled until I read the :siren:comments section:siren:

I don't know why they decided that was a good idea

Yeah, if it's something minor, then it would be okay, but this sorta come out of the blue.

I mean, I'm pretty sure some shounen incorporate anime / light novel / game characters but I don't recall one that just sorta came out like this.

I know Fairy Tail did something with the snake who turned into a girl in the anime and became a very minor character in the manga, but that's all.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That said, I'm pretty surprised that Black Clover already had a spin-off light novel thing.

KoB
May 1, 2009
As a Fairy Tail reader Im used to just forgetting characters all the time so I didnt think twice about it here, but its good to know that this hasnt quite stooped to Fairy Tail level yet.

Dervyn
Feb 16, 2014
Thanks for clarifying where they came from as their appearence was stupefying. Hopefully it won't become a regular thing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I hate everything!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I hate everything!

I like that Venessa's string magic could apparently power up to the point she became a fate. That's sort of cool.

Also wow, pretty quick to throw another member of the third eye at us.

I imagine the witches have one of the stones too.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New chapter is out.

The third eye girl fires a blast at the forest, the witch queen realizes that fate is skewing and her predictions are starting to be wrong, and she instantly heals Aster's arms because the Bulls say they refuse to fight for her unless she does so (while ruminating in her head that she is going to take Venessa and Aster for herself afterwards). That's it really. This chapter got a cover?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I think the color pages for this chapter and the next are more about promoting the anime, and if you think about it his arms being healed is still a big deal. It's just downplayed because there's always something else going on.

Also, a link to the latest chapter. I didn't realize there was another chapter before this that I missed as well.